9 members have voted

1. 1. is this the best i've suggested?

• yes
    • idk/indifferent
    • NO
    • GOD NO, PLEASE NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOO
  2. 2. do you like me?

• yes
    • no, you should have been aborted, worthless child!

This poll is closed to new votes

I wanna have thirst in the game, have it be a bar that has a water animation if there is a percentage missing, there is also (Hopefully for all my features) on a survival mode where all realistic game mechanics go. if you want it in normal survival, enable it via thirst(on/off or enabled/disabled) and before you filter water, you can make a beer that hydrates you, and you could find natural clean water, but if you are in a dessert world, you can find clean water in aqua furs r in cacti, but there is a chance that it could make you hallucinate, in the dessert if dehydrated (faster dehydration rate) there is a meroge of a oasis, if your hydrated and find a oasis, your in luck because there is gonna be water, wood, and fertile soil! might also have creatures to domesticate! idk how yall think of this, and i can take a positive negative and true positive opinions! tell how you really feel!

Should have a neutral option for your second poll question as I do not know you and can't say whether I do or don't like you. Also don't yet know what else you've suggested so idk if this is the best or not, but I do like the idea. Hydration is an absolute necessity in any realistic survival scenario. It's also not difficult to make a primitive filter (which you'd likely use after boiling it) out of grass or cloth and sand and charcoal. Would add more functionality to buckets and barrels, ostensibly to carry and store purified water (or other beverages if they get added, like fruit and vegetable juices perhaps). I think there's bamboo in the game as well...? Bamboo naturally contains water in it's hollow stems, so maybe there can be some alternative, emergency, sources of clean water too.

• 1 year later...

I think the thirst mechanic should be implemented in the game, because vs its a survival game, i mean water its water!!! Some might say that it could be anoying but i personally think that adding more mechanics to the game makes it better (if they are balanced) And it could be enabled or desabled int he config

It would feel relevant to add thirst to survival game. But then again it seems so basic need like breathing. I would not want to press key all the time to breathe. :) Also water is everywhere in this game so i don't see much challenge regarding that. So that would be yet another thing to waste time on. :)

Then again - maybe that could be made fun. You would need to make water clean. but then again drinking from cave lakes should be o.k. so you could make trips to caves for water.
Then meals should be also edited, so vegetables and their meals would give some bonus for thirst.

Dunno. Not against it, but not missing that as well. :)

Edited by Domkrats
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 12:26 PM, Nil Gimenez said:

I think the thirst mechanic should be implemented in the game, because vs its a survival game, i mean water its water!!! Some might say that it could be anoying but i personally think that adding more mechanics to the game makes it better (if they are balanced) And it could be enabled or desabled int he config

What benefit would it provide to the experience besides realism and annoyances. Food currently is enough to contend with and there are enough interesting varieties to create that adding another depleting sim-like bar to your character will not make the game any more entertaining. Maybe later.

• Zaldaryon locked and unlocked this topic
2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Food currently is enough to contend with and there are enough interesting varieties to create that adding another depleting sim-like bar to your character will not make the game any more entertaining. Maybe later.

Yeah, like after adding sweat mechanics and water purification!

Edited by l33tmaan

Honestly, a great idea. And it would make brewing a more central game mechanic where potable water is scarce -- much like in history where weak ales were often a substitute for water where it was unsafe to drink.

Plus minecraft mods have already added thirst mechanics, it would not be too far fetched for a game that prioritises survival and realism such as this. We already have temperature management, logical next step imo.

Someone did question why VS don't had a thirst meter yet and made me wonder why. Sure it made surviving a little more "hard" but it makes things more challenging no?

But if that happens in the future, that also means implementation for stuff that allows to carry water as we do have clay jugs so far.

4 hours ago, setne550 said:

Someone did question why VS don't had a thirst meter yet and made me wonder why. Sure it made surviving a little more "hard" but it makes things more challenging no?

But if that happens in the future, that also means implementation for stuff that allows to carry water as we do have clay jugs so far.

I'm feeling like it did have that at one point early on? Or am I thinking of Terrafirmacraft? I just remember needing to make clay jugs.

Edited by Sparkle Kitti

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.