WeaponPack- New Weapons, shields and bows.

Mr1k3

Maces from AnMiTech have a range of 2m and they don't really suffer from bad hitreg. Well, I do get fluke hits but that happens when you try to joust enemies and sometimes get a visual hit but no damage dealt. This actually happens with everything, vanilla swords too and before the combat update, but since they have a range for 2.5m players tend to not swing on the very edge of their range so the window for these ghost hits is much smaller.

1.2.4-

Clarity, documentation, QOL, and slight balance update-

As stated before, auto-downloads should be fixed now.

• REMOVED SHIELD CHANGES, these will be going into a separate mod
  • Added new swing sounds for weapons, no more grunting sounds, which really took me out of the "instrument voices" option I like using. Replaced with two variants of a "swoosh" sound, and just feels better
  • Added additional text, when selecting part on the anvil, that will clarify if the tool head will need 2 ingots to finish the recipe
  • Added handbook guide, should clarify weapon progression, and list what weapons you have access to at any stage in the game
  • Made some minor tweaks to some damage values, mainly made throwing spears deal katar damage when thrown since they have a far lower effective durability than any other weapon
  • Throwing spears have had their stack size doubled from 128 to 256
  • Reduced the Macuahuitl's durability a little, obsidian has 20 less, flint has 25 less
  • Changed name of heavy spears to "partisan", sure the model is not 100% accurate, but for now it provides more distinction between vanilla and weaponpack weapons
  • Removed the flax wrapping on the gladius handle; sure it looks a little more plain, but now looks much closer to the vanilla style that I want my mods to adhere to
Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 1

• Mr1k3 changed the title to WeaponPack- New Weapons, shields and bows.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An incompatibility with Lichen?

Spoiler

19.2.2022 10:28:27 [Error] Patch 5 (target: game:itemtypes/tool/arrow.json) in lichen:patches/survival-itemtypes-tool-arrow.json failed because supplied path /hax is invalid: The json path /shapeByType/* was not found. Could traverse until /shapeByType, but then '*' does not exist. Full json at this path: {
  "arrow-crude": {
    "base": "item/tool/arrow-crude"
  },
  "arrow-flint": {
    "base": "item/tool/arrow-stone"
  },
  "arrow-gold": {
    "base": "item/tool/arrow-gold"
  },
  "arrow-silver": {
    "base": "item/tool/arrow-silver"
  },
  "arrow-*-broadhead": {
    "base": "weaponpackg:item/tool/bow/arrow-broadhead"
  },
  "arrow-*-bodkin": {
    "base": "weaponpackg:item/tool/bow/arrow-bodkin"
  },
  "arrow-copper": {
    "base": "item/tool/arrow-copper"
  },
  "arrow-tinbronze": {
  },
  "arrow-bismuthbronze": {
  },
  "arrow-blackbronze": {
  },
  "arrow-iron": {
  },
  "arrow-meteoriciron": {
  },
  "arrow-steel": {
  },
  "arrow-antler": {
    "base": "item/tool/arrow-stone"
  }
}
19.2.2022 10:28:27 [Error] Patch 6 (target: game:itemtypes/tool/arrow.json) in lichen:patches/survival-itemtypes-tool-arrow.json failed because supplied path /shapeByType/* is invalid: The json path /hax was not found. No such element 'hax' at the root path

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I essentially remade the entire ALPHA mod for this update, the 9 new weapons is now 24 and all weapon models have been updated now that I have a bit more modeling experience under my belt. This update includes the new feature of swing speeds, so now different weapon types will have faster or slower swing speeds, and they also have custom swing delays so the sword combat feels far more responsive since the delay is set  to 0. Also this update addresses PVP and includes ways to deal with armored players, but that usually comes at a cost. Throwing weapons have been overhauled, in addition to two new types- the mambele and chakri, and stone age weaponry has been expanded on.

Also beta weaponpack is obsolete as of 1.17 so I need to figure out what I'm gonna do with it.

Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr1k3 said:

I essentially remade the entire ALPHA mod for this update, the 9 new weapons is now 24 and all weapon models have been updated now that I have a bit more modeling experience under my belt. This update includes the new feature of swing speeds, so now different weapon types will have faster or slower swing speeds, and they also have custom swing delays so the sword combat feels far more responsive since the delay is set  to 0. Also this update addresses PVP and includes ways to deal with armored players, but that usually comes at a cost. Throwing weapons have been overhauled, in addition to two new types- the mambele and chakri, and stone age weaponry has been expanded on.

Also beta weaponpack is obsolete as of 1.17 so I need to figure out what I'm gonna do with it.

Hey @Mr1k3! Thank you so much for the update 😁 Just curious about WeaponPack Gamma though? Should we be expecting an update for 1.17.2 (stable) or would the current version of the mod be suitable?

2 hours ago, Zeeny said:

Hey @Mr1k3! Thank you so much for the update 😁 Just curious about WeaponPack Gamma though? Should we be expecting an update for 1.17.2 (stable) or would the current version of the mod be suitable?

I did send a small update to get the gamma pack to work on 1.17 out a couple days ago, just so it worked while I work on its next update, nothing changed that majorly in the releases up to 1.17.3 so it should be working fine. Currently I have plans to improve the bow models and also add in ground storage support in that next update similar to the changes in the alpha pack.

• Amazing! 1

2 hours ago, Mr1k3 said:

I did send a small update to get the gamma pack to work on 1.17 out a couple days ago, just so it worked while I work on its next update, nothing changed that majorly in the releases up to 1.17.3 so it should be working fine. Currently I have plans to improve the bow models and also add in ground storage support in that next update similar to the changes in the alpha pack.

That sounds awesome!! Thank you for all the work you put into the mod, seriously. Big fan here. 

So sounds like a possible big update will come out for the gamma pack then 😍 do you have a rough ETA for that release or is it still too early to tell?

10 hours ago, Zeeny said:

That sounds awesome!! Thank you for all the work you put into the mod, seriously. Big fan here. 

So sounds like a possible big update will come out for the gamma pack then 😍 do you have a rough ETA for that release or is it still too early to tell?

I guess I worded that a bit poorly, for the gamma pack I just plan on refreshing the bow models, perhaps the arrow models, and add ground storage, as well as update the handbook guide. I have not been able to take over the ItemBow class unlike the melee weapon item class so I am unable to change much of anything on the bows other than damage and durability, arrows are in the same boat but at least I can modify their air drag, gravity, and size on top of their normal stats. So, until I can figure out how to take over the bow class the amount of bows and arrows will likely stay the same for now.

No current ETA, as I am working on the massive temporal tinkerer update next, but I also work all over the place so there's a chance I might work on it before . The changes to AWP are similar to what is getting changed in that update, plus more. So, yeah it's basically a new mod at this point... only catch is that it is gonna be a while before that update comes out because I am still only in the modeling stage for it right now.

Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr1k3 said:

I guess I worded that a bit poorly, for the gamma pack I just plan on refreshing the bow models, perhaps the arrow models, and add ground storage, as well as update the handbook guide. I have not been able to take over the ItemBow class unlike the melee weapon item class so I am unable to change much of anything on the bows other than damage and durability, arrows are in the same boat but at least I can modify their air drag, gravity, and size on top of their normal stats. So, until I can figure out how to take over the bow class the amount of bows and arrows will likely stay the same for now.

No current ETA, as I am working on the massive temporal tinkerer update next, but I also work all over the place so there's a chance I might work on it before . The changes to AWP are similar to what is getting changed in that update, plus more. So, yeah it's basically a new mod at this point... only catch is that it is gonna be a while before that update comes out because I am still only in the modeling stage for it right now.

Right right, gotcha. Well seems like you've got it planned out pretty well, it's just a matter of understanding how to take over the ItemBow class and having the time to work on it now I guess.

Just remember, don't overwork yourself mate! Keen to see the stuff you come up with for future updates. Thank you again, for all your efforts 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.