WeaponPack- New Weapons, shields and bows.

Mr1k3

• 1 month later...

Split mod into two versions: "Hardcore" and "Standard", hardcore keeps the haft/rope changes for a tougher experience. Standard is a new branch that removes the need for hafts/rope in tool recipes. Mods are incompatible with each other, if you have the original mod in the world and replace it with the standard mod you will get unknown items, if you keep using hardcore it will update fine, this is because of a mod id change that had to be done to keep them distinct in the loader.

Also buffed some weapon damage and durability.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BranTuna said:

Ok so I'm new... And I'm starving to death because I can't get firewood. The normal firewood recipe is deleted and replaced by planks, which don't work for fire... Please help! 🙃

Try placing the logs directly below the axe in the crafting grid, that should force it to use the firewood recipe. Some recipes are "shaped" and required the items to be in a specific configuration in the grid, while others are "shapeless" and just require the correct items to be in the crafting grid in any order.

Ok so this is DEFINATELY A BUG, but I'm unsure which mod is causing it. Firewood recipe outputs planks instead... D'oh! Looks like I have to do some delving into what's causing this, I remember reading something in the log that mentioned this mod and that's why I posted this here, but I just don't know. Doing a search on the forums didn't bring anything up. Re-installed and re-enabled all mods. Fresh new game. The only thing to do is go through each one until I find the culprit. Will post here and on the culprit mods' page once I find out.

34 minutes ago, BranTuna said:

Ok so this is DEFINATELY A BUG, but I'm unsure which mod is causing it. Firewood recipe outputs planks instead... D'oh! Looks like I have to do some delving into what's causing this, I remember reading something in the log that mentioned this mod and that's why I posted this here, but I just don't know. Doing a search on the forums didn't bring anything up. Re-installed and re-enabled all mods. Fresh new game. The only thing to do is go through each one until I find the culprit. Will post here and on the culprit mods' page once I find out.

When you say they create planks, do you mean vanilla planks, from a saw? Or modded planks, for the Macuahuitl?

• Mr1k3 changed the title to WeaponPack, New Weapons.

1.1.2 update:

I will no longer be updating the hardcore version as I need to find a better way to implement harder recipes into a single mod. But it's not efficient to keep up with essentially two versions of the same mod, and I just feel like the hardcore version is not really worth maintaining unless I get enough people who want it.

New weapons for 1.15 update:

weapons.thumb.png.0398389efd66c5fb938fa93b9c10150b.png

Added the Katar- a very short range weapon capable of insane amounts of damage, it's a hit and run weapon so the risk of getting hit is high but that risk rewards you with up to 15 damage at the steel tier meaning it can one-shot surface drifters! Not all is crazy though as they suffer from not only that tiny range but also in their durability, it's also hindered by a slow attack speed like the spear.

Added the Throwing-Spear- This spear is meant for throwing, meaning it does even more damage when tossed than the standard spears double damage, its also able to fly a bit farther. Throwing spears can be made from every tool metal and in primitive versions with flint or obsidian. You must forge metal spear heads on an anvil but each ingot will give you 72 spears in total which is important because they are a single-use item meaning they will break when they hit anything and cant be retrieved. They do less damage and have less ranged when used as a direct weapon as compared to a vanilla spear.

Other changes this update include slight buffing to scrap weapons and the club, overall tweaks to increase damage across the board but also reduced range overall. The halberd and heavy spear are now fully implemented with respect to attack speeds, they will now attack at the rate of the spear with a similar animation.

Also removed resin from pine logs recipe, flax twine to rope, and the plank needed to make the macuahuitl so now it takes a whole log.

Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enjoying the mod, and had a random thought concerning the throwing spears.

• Reduce the number that can be made from an ingot to 8.
  • Make them prone to breaking but re-usable.
  • Give them very weak damage when used for thrusting.
  • Require the use of an atlatl for throwing them, which can be carved from a hardwood.
  • High damage and great range, but make them slow to throw to take into account the time required to position a spear for the throwing.

Just some thoughts.

Fun and useful to have the various weapons to work with and choose from, but the 72 throwing spears from a single ingot feels awkward, even if they do break every time. ;)

~TH~

On 11/25/2020 at 7:06 AM, Minnigin said:

I'm no modder but I can edit stuff and I've edited my pine tree files to produce resin 15% of the time instead of 1-2% to compensate for this mods changes.

The files for the trees are in Vintagestory\assets\survival\worldgen\treegen and the lines are         

otherLogBlockCode: "log-resin-pine-ud",
otherLogChance: 0.01,

like I stated though I only know how to make these changes for myself and can't produce a mod, perhaps I'll learn to make a more resin producing mod

It's actually really easy, run ModMaker.exe and it will take every file that's different in your install and packs it into a ZIP file for you.

• 4 weeks later...

-updated Russian translations thanks to ZigTheHedge!

On 9/25/2021 at 6:54 AM, Russia said:

Technical question, does the katar have a weapon type tagged to it? For example, xskills provides bonus sword damage, would it affect the damage of the katar?

not entirely sure how xskills determines weapon type? I'd assume if theirs another skill that buffs spears as a separate thing it might be based off of the c# class, if so then it would be undefined since I use a custom class here for animation changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Mr1k3 changed the title to WeaponPack- New Weapons.

1.2.3-

• Hopefully fixed katar bad hitreg by giving it default range, apparently when you go too low the hitreg gets trashed
  • Increased reach of all weapons, now are closer to vanilla values, 2.5 range on swords, 3 on haleberd, heavy spear is now 4
  • Went through and adjusted values for all weapons to match vanilla changes, now the swords have the same attack animation and delay as the standard longblade, they do more damage to compensate
  • Had to leave machete untouched by these new changes otherwise it would loose the block breaking abilities, does much less damage now because of its faster attack speed over the others, should still be both a decent weapon and great tool, buffed durability of it a little
  • Katar can now be made of copper/bronze
  • Changed some things about the throwing spear, now costs 1 ingot, 8 sticks and feathers for 128, a full stack. Fixed issue where attacking with a spear caused all spears to break
  • Made big changes to shields, refer to post for more information. Age-gated shields, 100% block chance, lower protection
  • Added tooltip info for weapon heads when in anvil GUI
  • Tweaked most first person and GUI positions of weapons and their heads
  • Integrated support for the necessaries grindstone on metal tools, except katar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.