Deleted

Spear and Fang

how does mod compatibility work? I seen someone ask about compatibility with more variants. once I get my own mod cleaned up and better layed out with proper references as aposed to doing everything in the base games own assets>survival folders and everything I was wondering how would I make my mod compatible because I add 15 new stairs and slabs from clay bricks and plan to add even more variety later by similar method to making stone bricks but with clay instead allowing for yet even more building material options and it would be cool If I could understand how compatibility works and set my mod up in such a way it will be more friendly and compatible with other mods that effect some of the same or similar things. like your better stairs mod for example.

also. thank you very much for the help you have been providing me with when it comes to my own mod. 

thank you very much.

Edited by Sukotto82

@Sukotto82  I don't know much about mod compatibility, but if I was to walk that road I'd probably start my research here.  DArkHekRoMaNT has all of his source code posted on GitHub...

Then I'd dive into this article on the wiki....
https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=Modding:Moddable_Mod

And probably do a little searching over on the Vintage Story Discord to see what turns up.

also. thank you very much for the help you have been providing me with when it comes to my own mod. 

You betcha!

Edited by Spear and Fang
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi. Is there any way to remove 'leftovers' of the mod from the save file? I had to uninstall better stairs for troubleshooting corrupted ID table, even tho it is essential in my game. Still, is there a way to get rid of mod ID's from the save? Blocks are all gone now but I can craft one of them via primitive survival stake recipe and it looks like stake

As you see its effed up a bit ;D

VS stake.png

1 hour ago, adres4t said:

Hi. Is there any way to remove 'leftovers' of the mod from the save file? I had to uninstall better stairs for troubleshooting corrupted ID table, even tho it is essential in my game. Still, is there a way to get rid of mod ID's from the save? Blocks are all gone now but I can craft one of them via primitive survival stake recipe and it looks like stake

As you see its effed up a bit ;D

VS stake.png

Wooyaaa, I don't think that you're going to be able to fully recover from the situation you're in.  Block/Item ID's are assigned dynamically for each saved game (so, basically randomly when you generate a new world or add a mod), and if I remember correctly the saved games are SQL Lite or some such so there's not a lot I can do to help.  So sorry.

You *could* try putting the betterstairs mod back in, but I think this will just make things worse (unless the very last thing you did was remove it).

I've heard of this happening to people a few times in the past (where block/item mapping became corrupted), and I don't think any of them were able to recover from this situation.  The only takeaway for them was to back up their saved games once in a while.

Edited by Spear and Fang

16 hours ago, Spear and Fang said:

Wooyaaa, I don't think that you're going to be able to fully recover from the situation you're in.  Block/Item ID's are assigned dynamically for each saved game (so, basically randomly when you generate a new world or add a mod), and if I remember correctly the saved games are SQL Lite or some such so there's not a lot I can do to help.  So sorry.

You *could* try putting the betterstairs mod back in, but I think this will just make things worse (unless the very last thing you did was remove it).

I've heard of this happening to people a few times in the past (where block/item mapping became corrupted), and I don't think any of them were able to recover from this situation.  The only takeaway for them was to back up their saved games once in a while.

Hehe yeah, it's bad. I have actually removed betterstairs last, I try copying it back and see what happens.

I was playing around with some commands and .reload shapes/.reload textures kind of fixed soybeans and rye, I am able to plant them again with their proper textures instead of white block.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.