[Discontinued] CarryCapacity v0.6.5

copygirl

6 hours ago, Belcas said:

Hi. I am running my own dedicated server with your mod. Today i updated to the latetest version 1.12.9. There is an error while starting the server.
[...]
Found out that the new version changed the behavior section of storagevessel. They are no longer carryable with the mod. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up! I finally released version 0.4.7 to address this.

• Thanks 1

I didn't mention the 0.4.8 release as I released that soon after the initial release as I noticed a crash bug. However, I now also put out 0.4.9 which fixes carried blocks being dropped when dying when deathPunishment is set to keep - as in when you're supposed to keep your inventory after death. I want to apologize at this point because I "blamed" the dev team for changing how the inventory-keeping is determined, when in reality I had simply not put in a check before. 😳

On 3/22/2020 at 6:31 AM, Sparkle Kitti said:

A nice feature to add to this mod would be the ability to pick up chickens, rabbits, and maybe raccoons and foxes. You could make it so that you take a small amount of ongoing damage to reflect the wild animal trying to escape.

This is certainly something I've been wanting to put in since the beginning. However, I haven't gotten around to it, and may not attempt to until the carrying feature is considered being added to the Vanilla game proper, since it would probably result in rewriting the entire API for it. CarryCapacity has actually been written before the offhand slot was put into the game, and I have some ideas how to improve the interactions using it.

• Cookie time 1

8 hours ago, Belcas said:

Found another bug. With the mod active client/server, straw dummys aren't pickupable anymore.

But ... I picked one up recently on a server! ... Testing things I found out it's because I was holding an item at the time. So yeah, if you want to pick up a dummy with CarryCapacity installed, sneak-rightclick with an item. I will fix this for future versions, but right now I don't think it's super important to release a fix..?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with this. I can pick up a chest, but that's it. The space in the tool bar with the chest is blank, and I can't scroll my mouse, or do anything but put it back down or walk. I would leave a screenshot of it, but screenshots don't have the toolbar in them, so no point.

28 minutes ago, breeze108 said:

I'm having trouble with this. I can pick up a chest, but that's it. The space in the tool bar with the chest is blank, and I can't scroll my mouse, or do anything but put it back down or walk. I would leave a screenshot of it, but screenshots don't have the toolbar in them, so no point.

What you're describing seems to be the way the mod is intended to work: The block you're carrying does not appear in the hotbar, you can't switch your hotbar slot or interact with the world. If you want to get more control back while carrying the block, you could try switching it onto your back (as explained in the first post). Otherwise, the mod just allows you to move containers with their contents, since you can't do that in the base game (without breaking - and thus spilling - the items).

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, shaftique said:

Hi, I think I found a bug. I can't pour from the crucible with this mod installed as you need to hold right click to pour. Thanks

I tried with and without the mod. You can only pour the crucible when sneaking, and that seems to work okay even with the mod.

13 minutes ago, Maffy D said:

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Crouch+hold right mouse button with both hands empty but I just keep opening containers I want to pick up. 

Is the interaction prompt visible? JktFaLl.png.cf3203d7c749503da2334fac30d51037.png
If not, the mod might not have loaded properly. Can you check or upload your log files? (client-main.txt should be enough.)

Edited by copygirl

6 minutes ago, Pamela Wild said:

I'm having the same problem as Maffy D...can't pick anything up. Both hands are empty and the interaction prompt is visible. This is the only mod I have installed as well.

Can you upload your client-main.txt and server-main.txt and send it to me? (Perhaps in private message.)

The mod (version 0.4.10) is working fine for me on VS 1.13.4.

4 hours ago, copygirl said:

Can you upload your client-main.txt and server-main.txt and send it to me? (Perhaps in private message.)

The mod (version 0.4.10) is working fine for me on VS 1.13.4.

I would be happy to if you can tell me where to find them.  

I found them and sent you a PM.

Edited by Pamela Wild

It appears the Lockable behavior is being ignored when picking up a block. Not sure if this is intended or not but either way the reinforced and locked properties remain at the initial block location. So for example if you move a chest that is locked and then put a block at the location the chest was at then that block will have the locked and reinforced values the chest had.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.