copygirl

CarryCapacity 0.4.9

6 hours ago, Belcas said:

Hi. I am running my own dedicated server with your mod. Today i updated to the latetest version 1.12.9. There is an error while starting the server.
[...]
Found out that the new version changed the behavior section of storagevessel. They are no longer carryable with the mod. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up! I finally released version 0.4.7 to address this.

• Thanks 1

A nice feature to add to this mod would be the ability to pick up chickens, rabbits, and maybe raccoons and foxes. You could make it so that you take a small amount of ongoing damage to reflect the wild animal trying to escape.

• Like 1

I didn't mention the 0.4.8 release as I released that soon after the initial release as I noticed a crash bug. However, I now also put out 0.4.9 which fixes carried blocks being dropped when dying when deathPunishment is set to keep - as in when you're supposed to keep your inventory after death. I want to apologize at this point because I "blamed" the dev team for changing how the inventory-keeping is determined, when in reality I had simply not put in a check before. 😳

On 3/22/2020 at 6:31 AM, Sparkle Kitti said:

A nice feature to add to this mod would be the ability to pick up chickens, rabbits, and maybe raccoons and foxes. You could make it so that you take a small amount of ongoing damage to reflect the wild animal trying to escape.

This is certainly something I've been wanting to put in since the beginning. However, I haven't gotten around to it, and may not attempt to until the carrying feature is considered being added to the Vanilla game proper, since it would probably result in rewriting the entire API for it. CarryCapacity has actually been written before the offhand slot was put into the game, and I have some ideas how to improve the interactions using it.

• Cookie time 1

8 hours ago, Belcas said:

Found another bug. With the mod active client/server, straw dummys aren't pickupable anymore.

But ... I picked one up recently on a server! ... Testing things I found out it's because I was holding an item at the time. So yeah, if you want to pick up a dummy with CarryCapacity installed, sneak-rightclick with an item. I will fix this for future versions, but right now I don't think it's super important to release a fix..?

5 hours ago, copygirl said:

I will fix this for future versions, but right now I don't think it's super important to release a fix..?

Not that important. While testing left and right hand were free of items.