[Discontinued] CarryCapacity v0.6.5

copygirl

Managed to help Pamela - it wasn't an issue with the mod, thankfully.

6 hours ago, Dauron said:

It appears the Lockable behavior is being ignored when picking up a block. Not sure if this is intended or not but either way the reinforced and locked properties remain at the initial block location. So for example if you move a chest that is locked and then put a block at the location the chest was at then that block will have the locked and reinforced values the chest had.

Oh, that's a feature that was added in one of the bigger version updates that I did not consider. I will have to look into how to handle locked / reinforced containers and blocks. At this time, the mod also has an issue with protected areas, though it's rare and most of the time not game breaking. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Edited by copygirl

On 9/22/2020 at 4:59 AM, Maffy D said:

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Crouch+hold right mouse button with both hands empty but I just keep opening containers I want to pick up. 

On 9/27/2020 at 12:33 PM, Pamela Wild said:

I'm having the same problem as Maffy D...can't pick anything up. Both hands are empty and the interaction prompt is visible. This is the only mod I have installed as well.

I was having the same issue as Maffy and Pamela. Prompt was visable but shift-left clicking only opened the container. I noticed that i had a torch in the off hand. Removed the torch and it worked as intended.

I'm guessing this is intended behavoir as you should need both hands to lift things, but it may be helpful if there was some way of showing this with the prompt.

Actually, there is a "blank" square in the overhead display, however, it doesn't say BOTH hands need to be empty.  Also, I discovered that you have to hold down the RMB for a few seconds or it doesn't work.  This is a great mod, as it makes moving and organizing much easier!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • copygirl changed the title to CarryCapacity 0.4.11
1 hour ago, Aledark said:

I noticed if i place a chest on ground and reinforce it then lock it...pick it up on back and then replace it...destroys the lock /reinforce :(

Okay this is "fixed" now. Reinforced containers can't be picked up. It would be better if they could be moved by the owner but from what I understand you need to remove the reinforcement before you can move the chests in survival, so it's probably more in line with the intention of the block reinforcement feature. (Also it is much easier this way as the reinforcement data is stored per-chunk rather than on the blocks themselves.)

1 hour ago, Raul Beltran said:

Doesn't work for me with 1.13.4, the zip is in the mods folder and the mod is enabled in the mod menu.

Is the interaction help visible? JktFaLl.png.cf3203d7c749503da2334fac30d51037.png.567ae5f23e633bb4d4d5ceded2c39067.png
If yes, the common issue people run into is that they're holding something in their off-hand, like a torch. You have to have both hands empty to pick something up.
If no, please send me your "client-main.txt" log file so I can see if there's any obvious errors.

Edited by copygirl
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, copygirl said:

Is the interaction help visible? JktFaLl.png.cf3203d7c749503da2334fac30d51037.png.567ae5f23e633bb4d4d5ceded2c39067.png
If yes, the common issue people run into is that they're holding something in their off-hand, like a torch. You have to have both hands empty to pick something up.
If no, please send me your "client-main.txt" log file so I can see if there's any obvious errors.

I've not seen that interaction help popup at all, but I am also having problems with the mod "XLeveling and XSkills" as well, so not sure if it's something on my end causing the issue. Thank you for looking into this for me.

I included the debug file as well, in case there is something else in there that can help you :)

client-debug.txt client-main.txt

11 hours ago, Raul Beltran said:

I've not seen that interaction help popup at all, but I am also having problems with the mod "XLeveling and XSkills" as well, so not sure if it's something on my end causing the issue. Thank you for looking into this for me. I included the debug file as well, in case there is something else in there that can help you :)

Unfortunately I don't see anything suspicious at all. The mod and its system are being loaded. Sorry for being unable to help.

26 minutes ago, copygirl said:

Unfortunately I don't see anything suspicious at all. The mod and its system are being loaded. Sorry for being unable to help.

Doest is matter if they are in the mods folder within the game directory, or do they need to be in the mods folder from the games app data mod folder?

2 hours ago, Raul Beltran said:

Doest is matter if they are in the mods folder within the game directory, or do they need to be in the mods folder from the games app data mod folder?

The mods folder in the install directory is meant for official mods that come with the game. It might be overwritten as you update the game. So I always suggest placing them into the appdata mods folder. They should however work identically. (I should know this because I worked on the mod loading logic of the game.)

Heya,

Kashcah and I were messing around with the 1.14 pre-release. She was hosting a LAN game and I joined. I forgot that I still had Carry Capacity enabled and accidentally tried picking up a storage vessel. We both crashed. Big oops on my end. We checked that Carry Capacity was disabled and tried again. Kashcah could then see me standing there. At my end, I was walking around with a storage vessel in my hand. I asked her to kill my character. She did and each hit dropped a storage vessel in world until I died. She went into creative mode and destroyed each vessel taht was dropped with a click. I respawned and was no longer carrying the vessel! Yay! BUT, then I found that I was still encumbered at a 75% speed rate. Permanently. So, my question for you is, do you have any advice on how I can get my speed back to normal? Thanks again for all you do.

-Vallen

2 minutes ago, Vallen said:

Kashcah and I were messing around with the 1.14 pre-release. She was hosting a LAN game and I joined. I forgot that I still had Carry Capacity enabled and accidentally tried picking up a storage vessel. We both crashed. Big oops on my end. We checked that Carry Capacity was disabled and tried again. Kashcah could then see me standing there. At my end, I was walking around with a storage vessel in my hand. I asked her to kill my character. She did and each hit dropped a storage vessel in world until I died. She went into creative mode and destroyed each vessel taht was dropped with a click. I respawned and was no longer carrying the vessel! Yay! BUT, then I found that I was still encumbered at a 75% speed rate. Permanently. So, my question for you is, do you have any advice on how I can get my speed back to normal? Thanks again for all you do.

I will have to see what I can do to make the mod work with 1.14 - I was hoping it would continue being compatible without changes. The behavior you described is odd: You seeing a vessel when CarryCapacity is disabled, and then it dropping when you got hurt - which on its own is an intended feature. Unfortunately, there is no way for CarryCapacity to cause the move debuff to be removed when the mod is removed. You would have to successfully pick up and place down a container for it to update.

Guess I just have to update the mod quickly.

4 minutes ago, copygirl said:

I will have to see what I can do to make the mod work with 1.14 - I was hoping it would continue being compatible without changes. The behavior you described is odd: You seeing a vessel when CarryCapacity is disabled, and then it dropping when you got hurt - which on its own is an intended feature. Unfortunately, there is no way for CarryCapacity to cause the move debuff to be removed when the mod is removed. You would have to successfully pick up and place down a container for it to update.

Guess I just have to update the mod quickly.

Well, I suspect the disable option wasn't working properly from VS. In VS it had the mod unchecked but going to the folder, nothing had changed. I can't say I know how it effects mods being enabled or disabled but, it's a theory at least. I manually have disabled it in the mean time. When we get a chance again, I'll see about enabling the mods for us both and trying to pick up and place another pot. Thank you for the advice.

-Vallen

Here's the crash report from us both enabling the mod, and me trying to place the pot that re-appeared in my hands.

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Version: v1.14.0-pre.3 (Unstable)10/11/2020 17:06:32: Critical error occurred
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Vintagestory.API.Common.BlockEntity.FromTreeAtributes(Vintagestory.API.Datastructures.ITreeAttribute, Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor)'.
   at CarryCapacity.CarriedBlock.RestoreBlockEntityData(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos pos)
   at CarryCapacity.CarriedBlock.PlaceDown(IWorldAccessor world, BlockSelection selection, Entity entity)
   at CarryCapacity.Common.CarryHandler.OnGameTick(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   at _mO1OMh8kncBt6cjOWOIAi4uKXfh._tqCBmo91Iso0C6Z4MxE3pGk9BGm(Single )
   at _bLYKVt0OIIpbDM9s6d78wEvV4kh._T6ntkYAYy93JTmMeUW5BPEb2H9g(Single )
   at _bLYKVt0OIIpbDM9s6d78wEvV4kh._9wnG1I0dv2nE1qiCj4WtSykSuSBA(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _Af9KcMdBp4FV1bF3d63CYMzaRzM._hX3i5Vm8yHkCuhYPtFN3CuEBTRN(_Ky6UZsVVbxXy26d1FTibdLqrMyI , String[] )
   at _slFJfYF3pqJDCES83egtGxsoWTD._hX3i5Vm8yHkCuhYPtFN3CuEBTRN(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

• copygirl changed the title to CarryCapacity 0.5.0
19 hours ago, copygirl said:

The mods folder in the install directory is meant for official mods that come with the game. It might be overwritten as you update the game. So I always suggest placing them into the appdata mods folder. They should however work identically. (I should know this because I worked on the mod loading logic of the game.)

Ok found the offending mod "Armor Overhaul", appears the mod was put up in April, so I am guessing it wasn't actually meant for 1.13. I left a message for the mod author in case he plans on updating the mod as it breaks many other mods right now on 1.13. Everything is fine now :) thanks for the great mod :D❤️

Edited by Raul Beltran

@copygirlI tried to steal the vendors barrel by trying to pick it up a few times with your mod, and got a hard crash with this log.

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM
Version: v1.13.4 (Stable)11/11/2020 1:03:23 AM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemRenderPlayerEffects.onBeforeRender(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   at _VtIDI6oYFpyEcQSZBFso9UVxS9aA._ZnYzeuHqveMMiEvOnpahncAMjfg(Single )
   at _LSAAgZhw31Rqs2is6nnojfZBbQC._4BykKOCicJqCBHpyWIgTmxWrTrg(Single )
   at _LSAAgZhw31Rqs2is6nnojfZBbQC._6XmOxKoTYrFLRCGd58p58XW43nD(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _lYLQLGyldvbDG9rPQyiRVeIqQVp._EEzpApWBQHtHR4iMJabXK2wDvlA(_ex0VSgRAdtsvhANmJHZHaf9ATWt , String[] )
   at _IcGByoJhapvESnm6vaOawAHbkeU._EEzpApWBQHtHR4iMJabXK2wDvlA(ThreadStart )

Guess that'll teach me for trying to steal from the vendor HAHA  :D:D:D

8 minutes ago, Raul Beltran said:

@copygirlI tried to steal the vendors barrel by trying to pick it up a few times with your mod, and got a hard crash with this log.

Guess that'll teach me for trying to steal from the vendor HAHA  :D:D:D

I looked into the game's source code and that error happens purely in Vanilla code and doesn't appear to have anything to do with CarryCapacity. I have a small hunch that due to the player's attributes being changed by my mod, there's some race condition where the attributes that the SystemRenderPlayerEffects,onBeforeRender expects are missing?

Just now, Pamela Wild said:

This file will not work in v 1.13.4. 

Version 0.5.0 is a new release that only works for 1.14.
Version 0.4.11 is the most recent version that is still for 1.13.4.

When you look at the releases page, you can see which version each release was written for. You can scroll down to see older ones, and click "▸ Assets" to show the .zip file for download. I've also started naming the files differently so it will be easier to see which Vintage Story version they are written for.

Does that solve the issue?

23 hours ago, ray57913 said:

Will there be any plans to make it so that you can move translocators?

Unlikely. It would go against the Vanilla game's design. The other issue is that I'm guessing simply moving the block would not change the target location of the linked translocator.

Hey there,

Im trying to use this mod on a local server but haven't got it to work. If i load a single player world, i get the menu appearing and can lift objects up but on the server i get no option to do so.

I have put this mod in both the server and client mods folders as im unsure at times where to install mods for servers. Do correct me with the correct way to install it if im mistaken.

Game version 1.13.4

Mod Version: Carry Capacity 0.4.11

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.