[Discontinued] CarryCapacity v0.6.5

copygirl

On 6/18/2019 at 6:08 AM, Cjleeh said:

@copygirl, Would it be possible to for your mod to support the cupboard in the Vcupboard VintageStory Mod? I would like to move the cupboard in that mod around like we can with the official content in the game. Please, and thanks for the consideration!

Sorry for the slow response. I looked into making it possible to carry the cupboards, and write the required patches to allow for this. I could include this in CarryCapacity, but I feel like it would make more sense to include in BVcupboard. Unfortunately, due to the way behaviors work, it would create a hard dependency on my mod. Behaviors can't be optional, at the moment. The game refuses to load if a behavior isn't found.

8 hours ago, copygirl said:

Sorry for the slow response. I looked into making it possible to carry the cupboards, and write the required patches to allow for this. I could include this in CarryCapacity, but I feel like it would make more sense to include in BVcupboard. Unfortunately, due to the way behaviors work, it would create a hard dependency on my mod. Behaviors can't be optional, at the moment. The game refuses to load if a behavior isn't found.

For there to be optional behaviors. Would the Mod API need to be changed for it to work? I am also a Minecraft player, and there are quite a few mods that do not have hard a dependency. Though that is of course related to Minecraft modding, not VS. Thanks for the reply CopyGirl, very much appreciated! Also on a unrelated note. I had invested some time to research who is on the VS team. Looks like you do quite a bit of pro-active stuff in the community.

I do have a question since I do not know if I ask anywhere else that it will be seen. I am playing the Neolithic Mod. Version 2.0.6 for Vintage Story 1.9.10. I tried to let them know I think there is a bug, on there GitHub issue tracker. Every so often when I kill a animal in the game. It will disappear, but not drop it's carcass. It happens a bit too often. Don't believe it was intended. I have not gotten a response back for 5 days now. I wanted to ask if you know anything about the mod, and if what I am experiencing is out of place. Thanks!

https://github.com/TonyLiberatto/The-Neolithic-Mod/issues

Edited by Cjleeh

1 minute ago, Cjleeh said:

For there to be optional behaviors. Would the Mod API need to be changed for it to work? I am also a Minecraft player, and there are quite a few mods that do not have hard a dependency. Though that is of course related to Minecraft modding, not VS. Thanks for the reply CopyGirl, very much appreciated!

It depends on how @Tyron wants to handle this. The game could simply issue a warning for behaviors it can't find instead of refusing to start the game, basically making all behaviors optional; or it could offer a way to mark specific behaviors as optional so the game just doesn't load those behaviors if they could not be found. I've tried my hand at implementing this change a long time ago, but it wasn't a simple surface change and I don't know the codebase as well, so I gave up. The API itself would not have to be changed. All it would need is an { optional: true } field where the behavior is used in an asset. For example:

behaviors: [
  { name: "Container" }, // Required behavior.
  { name: "Carryable", optional: true, properties: { ... } },
]
1 minute ago, Cjleeh said:

Also on a unrelated note. I had invested some time to research who is on the VS team. Looks like you do quite a bit of pro-active stuff in the community.

I did small things here and there for the game. I think the most useful change was rewriting the mod loading system, which I'm still very proud of, and hope will be useful going into the future. But to be honest, besides CarryCapacity and the recording sessions with HelDM and crew my attention is currently on other things.

2 minutes ago, copygirl said:

It depends on how @Tyron wants to handle this. The game could simply issue a warning for behaviors it can't find instead of refusing to start the game, basically making all behaviors optional; or it could offer a way to mark specific behaviors as optional so the game just doesn't load those behaviors if they could not be found. I've tried my hand at implementing this change a long time ago, but it wasn't a simple surface change and I don't know the codebase as well, so I gave up. The API itself would not have to be changed. All it would need is an { optional: true } field where the behavior is used in an asset. For example:

behaviors: [
  { name: "Container" }, // Required behavior.
  { name: "Carryable", optional: true, properties: { ... } },
]

I did small things here and there for the game. I think the most useful change was rewriting the mod loading system, which I'm still very proud of, and hope will be useful going into the future. But to be honest, besides CarryCapacity and the recording sessions with HelDM and crew my attention is currently on other things.

Ah okay, sorry I added a bit extra to my post. I will add it here, because I am not sure you will see it if I don't.

I do have a question since I do not know if I ask anywhere else that it will be seen. I am playing the Neolithic Mod. Version 2.0.6 for Vintage Story 1.9.10. I tried to let them know I think there is a bug, on there GitHub issue tracker. Every so often when I kill a animal in the game. It will disappear, but not drop it's carcass. It happens a bit too often. Don't believe it was intended. I have not gotten a response back for 5 days now. I wanted to ask if you know anything about the mod, and if what I am experiencing is out of place. Thanks!

Just now, Cjleeh said:

Ah okay, sorry I added a bit extra to my post. I will add it here, because I am not sure you will see it if I don't.

Yes, I didn't see. I've only played a few hours of the mod with friends, and this never occurred to us as fair as I know. I couldn't find The Neolithic Mod's implementation for "drop this carcass as a block" - it looks like this might actually handled by the game itself. So possibly a thing to report to the game developers. 😛 Are you able to reproduce this more consistently if you do certain things? I wonder if it can't be placed if both the animal and the player are in the same block space, for example.

Version 0.4.5 has been released!

You can now carry loot and storage vessels - even on your back! Barrels got the same treatment. (Blame Aira!)
(Unfortunately, since you don't pick up loot vessels as an item, you can't use them with traders.)
The first person renderer looks a little bit more fancy as well. Wiggle wiggle!

As you can see, you can now keep your ponytail well-hydrated even on longer travels~

1j9QMuJ.png

Edited by copygirl
  • Like 1
  • Cookie time 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Balduranne said:

Does this still work on reed baskets? We have this mod on a server, but I can't seem to sneak+right click things

Do you see the world interaction hint ( JktFaLl.png ) when hovering over the block? If not, I'd guess the mod is not properly installed / loaded and you should check if there's any errors in the log. If it does show up, make sure you aren't holding anything in your off-hand slot.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Balduranne said:

There's an absolutely hilarious bug with this mod in 1.11 where instead of being slowed down, you move _faster_ while carrying things.

That is indeed funny. I wonder if that's because they somehow (accidentally?) made it so the (now obsolete) walk speed modifier is added instead of multiplying it? Hopefully I'll get around to fixing this, tomorrow.

Alright, version 0.4.6 is out to fix this and a couple of other issues, such as being able to place (but not pick up) blocks inside claimed areas, and animations breaking when trying to do so. I also made it so carrying blocks on your back doesn't slow you down quite as much. I'm still wondering whether the in-hand slowdown is too much, considering you already can't sprint anyway. But it feels immersive.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I discovered the "gotta go fast" issue while playing around on 1.11.13 yesterday and realized I hadn't updated this mod in a while. :P Now I'm hesitant to update at all because it's so fun to zip around the map at high speeds. :D (Of course I will update, I need to be able to pick up and carry the new blocks. ;) ) Thanks for all the work you put into this! I think I'm going to start a new series soon with a challenge world... Love playing with the new world gen options.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I put out release candidate 0.4.7-rc.1 of CarryCapacity for Vintage Story 1.12.0-pre.9 to address these issues:
- Rotatable blocks keeping their orientation from when they were picked up, when placing them back down
- Ghostly floating blocks at your feet in multiplayer when a player is out of view sometimes
- Most importantly, a hang and crash when exiting a world or disconnecting from a server

Please let me know if there's any remaining issues or one of those fixes didn't work.

1 hour ago, copygirl said:

I put out release candidate 0.4.7-rc.1 of CarryCapacity for Vintage Story 1.12.0-pre.9 to address these issues:
- Rotatable blocks keeping their orientation from when they were picked up, when placing them back down
- Ghostly floating blocks at your feet in multiplayer when a player is out of view sometimes
- Most importantly, a hang and crash when exiting a world or disconnecting from a server

Please let me know if there's any remaining issues or one of those fixes didn't work.

I am sure Aira will be thrilled, as well as everyone else who uses this mod.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 9:45 AM, Aira said:

Starting to think about updating to the latest version. Will the mod work on 1.12? Or will I need to hold off on adding it to my server? :P Thanks!

The release-candidate version (0.4.7-rc.1) should work for 1.12, I have not yet found any issues.

However, I am delaying another release because the game now renders backpacks on players when one is equipped, making it overlap with blocks carried on their back. I have not yet quite decided what to do. Tyron recommended I patch out the backpack showing up when equipped but I don't know if I should take away Vanilla features, even if it's just cosmetic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi. I am running my own dedicated server with your mod. Today i updated to the latetest version 1.12.9. There is an error while starting the server.

13:10:51 [Server Error] Patch 5 in carrycapacity:patches/carryable.json failed because supplied path /behaviors/- is inv
alid: The json path /behaviors/- was not found. No such element 'behaviors' at the root path

Found out that the new version changed the behavior section of storagevessel. They are no longer carryable with the mod. Hope this helps.

👋 Belcas 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.