[Discontinued] CarryCapacity v0.6.5

copygirl

8 hours ago, Ben Hedges said:

Hey there,

Im trying to use this mod on a local server but haven't got it to work. If i load a single player world, i get the menu appearing and can lift objects up but on the server i get no option to do so.

I have put this mod in both the server and client mods folders as im unsure at times where to install mods for servers. Do correct me with the correct way to install it if im mistaken.

Game version 1.13.4

Mod Version: Carry Capacity 0.4.11

Double check you don't have other mods impeding this one, I had an issue with an armor mod that broke 4 others mods for me.

• Like 1

After debugging, i got it working on the server, something to do with a duplication of the mods in the local client mod directory and sever mod directory. I removed all from the local client besides 1 that needed to be client and left the rest in the server mods folder and it worked next time in logged back in.

Thanks Devestatio for your help

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 5:38 AM, Ben Hedges said:

After debugging, i got it working on the server, something to do with a duplication of the mods in the local client mod directory and sever mod directory. I removed all from the local client besides 1 that needed to be client and left the rest in the server mods folder and it worked next time in logged back in.

Thanks Devestatio for your help

Glad you got it sorted out, sorry I didn't reply sooner, unfortunately my household got hit with covid, so as you can guess the sickness is sapping away all my life force, making it difficult to function at all.  But I'm alive and that's what counts :) hope you're all taking care and being safe ❤️

• copygirl changed the title to CarryCapacity 0.5.1
On 11/22/2020 at 2:01 AM, Devestatio said:

Glad you got it sorted out, sorry I didn't reply sooner, unfortunately my household got hit with covid, so as you can guess the sickness is sapping away all my life force, making it difficult to function at all.  But I'm alive and that's what counts :) hope you're all taking care and being safe ❤️

Same back to you. Let's keep everyone safe until the vaccine reaches the masses!

Oooooon an unrelated note. I released CarryCapacity 0.5.1 to address the API change that broke it.

I found a glitch with this mod: picking up a container on claimed land puts it back down immediately but your game acts as if you're still holding it, making the offhand and mainhand slots hide any item placed in them, and you can't quickswap to offhand. Fixed by picking up and placing a container normally (not claimed)

After the updating to todays current stable patch, I've had consistent crashes placing picked up storage onto Mudbrick Slabs.  Haven't tried any other surface yet, so I don't know if it's just Mudbrick Slabs.  I'll try some others out and edit this post with my findings.  Don't think this is a mod conflict either, but when it comes to coding, I'm a grade A dunce.

Crash Info.

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM 
Version: v1.14.0 (Stable)12/6/2020 3:15:01 PM: Critical error occurred
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Vintagestory.API.Common.BlockEntity.FromTreeAtributes(Vintagestory.API.Datastructures.ITreeAttribute, Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor)'.
   at CarryCapacity.CarriedBlock.RestoreBlockEntityData(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos pos)
   at CarryCapacity.CarriedBlock.PlaceDown(IWorldAccessor world, BlockSelection selection, Entity entity)
   at CarryCapacity.Common.CarryHandler.OnGameTick(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   at _6HHEy0R7TdcydZEq9IGp6JeHxdi._ogIdn3jhm7KUUuyvw6LDaa2X3PC(Single )
   at _gVBHOlByVD3vztgY4vPBxj2Bdae._ZKkvVIgccAdBc9j9BIZLqcgTrNL(Single )
   at _gVBHOlByVD3vztgY4vPBxj2Bdae._UQuOSpN5p2QIPbIExoPtD2ecXtb(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _93RBbYKdbejiH9hVmbTS8c6kZxJ._hbMghNVJIKTGI5zBx3SuxRG1XDI(_Lsm9ms4vr0dfuNPxkLwK9w8a58N , String[] )
   at _eVFDVqwXngafMmcD9boVPO86iWx._hbMghNVJIKTGI5zBx3SuxRG1XDI(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Update:  Tried placing it on Dirt, Sand, and Logs.  Still crashed every time.  Guess I should also mention that this is a offline singleplayer world, but I'm certain it's probably happening to everybody.

Edited by 3RS

1 hour ago, 3RS said:

After the updating to todays current stable patch, I've had consistent crashes placing picked up storage onto Mudbrick Slabs.  Haven't tried any other surface yet, so I don't know if it's just Mudbrick Slabs.  I'll try some others out and edit this post with my findings.  Don't think this is a mod conflict either, but when it comes to coding, I'm a grade A dunce.

There must have been a tiny change to the signature of that API method. I rebuilt the mod and tested to make sure it works. The crash should be fixed in version 0.5.2.

• Thanks 1

• copygirl changed the title to CarryCapacity 0.5.2
10 minutes ago, dedok13x said:

I carried the reed basket for a long distance, at some point it just disappeared (right after drifter hit me). Also sometimes its allowed to run while carrying anything.
Game v1.14.2, mod v0.5.2

Stuff carried in-hand is dropped when you take damage. Not sure about the running thing.

24 minutes ago, Riccardo Russo said:

It doesn't work for me either, I tried to have only this mod, but nothing. I have nothing in both hands, the tooltip that tells you what to do to use the mod does not appear. Other mods work. Latest version of the game installed. Any idea?

Does the mod show up in the Mod Manager ingame? Anything suspicious in your client-main.txt log file?

8 hours ago, Tech_Rabbit said:

I think this mod is causing inventory of chests to be deleted when transferred. Had a few times when setting down a back carry chest or vessel get placed or you world edit chests/vessels, it doesn't save the inventory. It was not the case when this mod was not installed.

To be fair I've never had that happen to me. CarryCapacity does not touch inventories in any way other than when they're picked up or placed down. It could be a in issue that somehow comes about through an interaction with another mod..? Is there anything suspicious in the server-main.txt log file, in particular any exceptions?

• copygirl changed the title to CarryCapacity v0.5.3

Released version 0.5.3 which fixed an issue with 1.14.3 where no blocks could be equipped on the back (due to block behavior properties not syncing properly - thanks@Gamer62for reporting the bug) and I've made a change to the placement logic that removes the need for you to aim at a "solid" block when wanting to place carried blocks back down. Place it anywhere: Slabs, fences, chiseled blocks, other chests - the possibilities are limitless!! (Thanks to Dario on Discord for reminding me this is something I needed to do.)

Edited by copygirl
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just making a quick post on behalf of RabbitTech server and myself. 

Picked up a labeled chest to move it to a new location and crouched, placed it down, however it my block did not show up as targeted as the chest placed. The game ate my chest and everything inside it. I relogged the game and the chest was just gone. 

When hungry or cold, taking damage from either of these conditions. The player drops the chest each time damage ticks making it almost impossible to move chests as the delay between picking up the chest and the damage tick is almost the same. 

Many thanks and loving the mod. Its so nice to pick up and move a full chest instead of breaking it and having an item explosion. 

10 minutes ago, SodaCrumb said:

Picked up a labeled chest to move it to a new location and crouched, placed it down, however it my block did not show up as targeted as the chest placed. The game ate my chest and everything inside it. I relogged the game and the chest was just gone.

What do you mean by "did not show up as targeted"?
Did you by chance put it on your back..?

If this is an actual issue it would be nice if you could find a way to reproduce it consistently, or at least give some more information as to how this happened, otherwise it will be hard to look into. I've been using the mod for years without such issues.

10 minutes ago, SodaCrumb said:

When hungry or cold, taking damage from either of these conditions. The player drops the chest each time damage ticks making it almost impossible to move chests as the delay between picking up the chest and the damage tick is almost the same.

Dropping things held in-hand is an intentional feature. I suppose hunger and cold (temporal instability, too) causing this is a little annoying, but I could argue that you're too weak to properly carry anything in this way. It's a bit of a bummer that it makes it difficult or impossible to put something on your back, but shouldn't you be focusing on something else at that point? 😛

Thank you for the nice words!

Hi Copygirl, 

I will do my best to chest test and see if I can duplicate the issue. Usually when I place something I am holding I can see the outline of the target block, it has a black line border and that is where the held item is going to be set down, this time I did not see that and the chest was placed down never to be seen again. 

Im excited to let the others on the server know that dropping the held item when taking damage is a feature not a flaw! It dawned on me that dropping something means I can swing my sword instead, woohoo

You are appreciated and your mod is delightful, trust me on this. 

Soda Crumb aka Krum

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.