[VintageMods] - Waypoint Extensions

ApacheTech

finally looked into why, for the past 2 weeks, my WPEX wouldn't load...

the client-main.txt states...

[Error] [wpex] An exception was thrown when trying to load assembly:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'

...so, it seems that wpex is trying to find netstandard.dll, which doesn't seem to be included with wpex.

• Cookie time 1

4 minutes ago, Anthony Mooney said:

finally looked into why, for the past 2 weeks, my WPEX wouldn't load...

the client-main.txt states...

[Error] [wpex] An exception was thrown when trying to load assembly:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'

...so, it seems that wpex is trying to find netstandard.dll, which doesn't seem to be included with wpex.

Hi, could you let me know what game version you're playing on?

4 minutes ago, Anthony Mooney said:

1.15.0-pre11

It's not updated for 1.15 yet. I don't update mods for pre-releases. Only for stable releases. Once 1.15 comes out properly, it will be updated that evening.

If I update it before then, it will break for anyone still in 1.14.

Edited by ApacheTech

that is confirmed in 1.14.10:

30.6.2021 12:45:44 [Warning] Client side assembly resolver did not find the assembly in the binary path, the lib path or the mods path. Tested for the following paths: 
D:\Program Files\Vintagestory\Lib\netstandard.dll
D:\Program Files\Vintagestory\netstandard.dll
C:\Users\Anthony\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Mods\netstandard.dll
D:\Program Files\Vintagestory\Mods\netstandard.dll
30.6.2021 12:45:44 [Error] [wpex] An exception was thrown when trying to load assembly:

3 minutes ago, Anthony Mooney said:

btw, it wasn't loading in 1.14.10 either...and I'd suspect it was for the same reason...looking for netstandard.dll and failing

If it's not working in 1.14, it's likely that you'll need to delete your mod cache folder, and make sure you have only the lastest version of the mod in your mod folder.

It uses .NET Standard 2.0, which is fully compatible with .NET Framework 4.5.2, and .NET Framework 4.6.1. There's no reason why it shouldn't work in 1.14.

The only time I've seen this error before is when there has been an issue with the mod cache, after updating mods.

10 minutes ago, Anthony Mooney said:

not even a new branch like Novocain did for VSHUD?

No.

The game can change drastically, overnight. Once the game is officially updated, and released to the public, I know that I can start changing things withy mod, without the vanilla game's development getting in the way. I don't want to have to ever release daily hotfixes, just to keep up with the pre-release versions of the game.

The pre-release versions of the game are not designed for public use. Only for beta testers that should expect to not have access to mods. It's best to beta test with no mods, so that you can isolate bugs, and test new features more easily.

22 hours ago, Anthony Mooney said:

D:\Program Files\Vintagestory\Lib\netstandard.dll D:\Program Files\Vintagestory\netstandard.dll C:\Users\Anthony\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Mods\netstandard.dll D:\Program Files\Vintagestory\Mods\netstandard.dll

did you read that? there was never a 'netstandard.dll' in those locations to finish loading your mod.

• ApacheTech changed the title to [VintageMods] - Waypoint Extensions
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Travis Pluid said:

Ah, cool. I didn't think it would have broke. I suppose there's no need to update, if you're still just using 1.15.5? XP

No. The new update is not backwards compatible. It stopped the Settings Menu (F7) from being able to be shown. New updates from now on should be backwards compatible, after 1.15.6.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.