[VintageMods] - Waypoint Extensions

ApacheTech

Waypoint Extensions

A VintageMods release, by Apache Gaming

Options Menu Hotkey: F7

Allows the player to enable or disable automatic trader and translocator waypoint creation. When enabled, traders will get a waypoint when you enter their GUI. Translocators and Teleporters will get a waypoint when used.

COMMAND: .wp

Quickly, and easily add waypoint markers at your current position.

Syntax: .wp [pin (Optional)] [bclay | beehive | bees | bismuth | bismuthinite | black-coal | blcoal | blue-clay | borax | brcoal | brown-coal | cassiterite | cave | chromite | chromium | cinnibar | copper | fclay | fire-clay | galena | gold | hematite | home | ilmenite | iron | lead | limonite | magnetite | malachite | meteor | mushroom | olivine | peat | platinum | poi | quartz | resin | rhodium | rhodochrosite | ruins | saltpeter | silver | sphalerite | sulfur | sulphur | tin | titanium | tl | trader | translocator | uranium | zinc] [title (Optional)]

Example: .wp copper
Example: .wp pin home Apache
Example: .wp trader Trader (Building Supplies)
Example: .wp poi Point of Interest (Amazing Landscape!)

COMMAND: .wpt

Adds a waypoint for the nearest trader at your current location. Must be within 10 blocks of the trader. Icon colours follow the precedent set within the AutoMap mod.

Syntax: .wpt [pin]

COMMAND: .cm

Re-centres the map at a specific position, a specific player, or on yourself.

Syntax: .cm [plr|player|pos|position|spawn].

Example: .cm
Example: .cm spawn
Example: .cm plr Apache
Example: .cm pos 15000 10000

COMMAND: .wpex

Various waypoint utility functions.

Syntax: .wpex purge-icon - Purges all waypoints with the specified icon. Requires confirmation.
Syntax: .wpex purge-nearby [radius] - Purges all waypoints within a set radius.
Syntax: .wpex auto-tl - Enables/Disables Automatic Translocator Waypoints.
Syntax: .wpex auto-tr - Enables/Disables Automatic Trader Waypoints.

COMMAND: .gps

Broadcasts your current XYZ coordinates to the server, in the form of a chat message. Also copies your coordinates to the clipboard.

COMMAND: .wptl

Adds a waypoint to a fixed translocator, within five blocks of the player.

Syntax: .wptl [pin]

COMMAND: .wptp

Adds a waypoint to a teleporter block, within five blocks of the player.

Syntax: .wptp [pin]

-----

Download: https://mods.vintagestory.at/wpex

Donate via Paypal: http://bit.ly/APGDonate

Custom Waypoint Types:

You can add custom waypoint types, or override the ones that are included within the mod by editing the file "~\ModData\VintageMods\Waypoint Extensions\World\{WorldIndetifier}\wpex-custom-waypoints.data". This is on a per-world basis, so you can have separate custom waypoint types for each world you play in. The file is in JSONC format. Examples and instructions are included within the file.

Reporting Bugs and Requesting Features:

You can report bugs, and request new features, by heading on over to GitHub, and starting a new ticket. This is the best way to make sure I get your feeback quickly, and in a way that allows me to implement necessary changes.

Edited by ApacheTech
Updated to 1.7.0
  • Amazing! 1
  • Thanks 3

• ApacheTech changed the title to Waypoint Extensions

Updated to 1.2.0.

Changelog:

• 1.2.0:
    • Updated for 1.14.2. Still fully backwards compatible to 1.13.x.
    • New Feature: Added ability to pin waypoints with an optional argument within the .wp chat command. (Example: .wp pin home).
    • New Feature: Added ability to add custom waypoint types. Currently this is a manual file edit, with per world custom waypoints saved in "~\ModData\Waypoint Extensions\{WorldSeed}\wpex-custom-waypoints.data". The file is in JSONC format.
    • Tweak: The bulk of the mod initialisation is now asyncronous, which should drastically improve loading times.
    • Tweak: Optimised n-tier library integration, using Fody weavers.
    • Tweak: Built a custom mod development framework to allow for mod development based on best practices.
Edited by ApacheTech
  • Like 1

Thanks for this mod.

There seems to be a bug: every waypoint I create using the .wp command always gets the 'mine' icon. I tried editing the jsonc file to override the waypoint with the correct icon and it doesn't work either. This still happens after disabling all other mods.

Edited by Onipsi

4 hours ago, Onipsi said:

Thanks for this mod.

There seems to be a bug: every waypoint I create using the .wp command always gets the 'mine' icon. I tried editing the jsonc file to override the waypoint with the correct icon and it doesn't work either. This still happens after disabling all other mods.

Ore vein nodes get the Pickaxe icon, traders get the Trader's Wagon, bees get the Bees, etc.

Do you see a pickaxe icon when you type ".wp bees"? If so, what's the title of the waypoint?

unknown.png

Edited by ApacheTech

• ApacheTech changed the title to Waypoint Extensions (v1.2.1)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Craluminum said:

Can you add config file for custom waypoints? (aka presets) I got tired of manually adding olivine and peat all the time.

Custom Waypoint Types:

You can add custom waypoint types, or override the ones that are included within the mod by editing the file "~\ModData\Waypoint Extensions\{WorldSeed}\wpex-custom-waypoints.data". This is on a per-world basis, so you can have separate custom waypoint types for each world you play in. The file is in JSONC format. Examples and instructions are included within the file.

• Thanks 1

• ApacheTech changed the title to Waypoint Extensions (v1.2.4)

Changelog:

• 1.2.4:
    • Tweak: Changed folder structure for global config and data files.
    • New Syntax: "mushroom", "olivine", "peat", "resin".
    • New Codebase Features: Major changes to the core, enabling rapid rollout of ModSystems, inlcuding a file manager, embedded resource manager, and service layer.
  • Thanks 1

1.14.8 stable

4.3.2021 13:16:21 [Error] [ats_wpex] Exception thrown when attempting to retrieve all types of the assembly VintageMods.WaypointExtensions, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Vintagestory.Common.ModContainer.GetModSystems(Assembly assembly), InnerException: . Will ignore asssembly. Loader exceptions:
4.3.2021 13:16:21 [Error] [ats_wpex] System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'VintageMods.Core.ModSystems, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'VintageMods.Core.ModSystems, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

4.3.2021 13:16:21 [Error] [ats_wpex] System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'VintageMods.Core.ModSystems, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'VintageMods.Core.ModSystems, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

4.3.2021 13:16:21 [Error] [ats_wpex] An exception was thrown when trying to load assembly:
System.Exception: C:\Users\?\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Cache\unpack\Waypoint_Extensions_1_2_4.zip_44d812027add\VintageMods.WaypointExtensions.dll declared as code mod, but there are no .dll files that contain at least one ModSystem or has a ModInfo attribute
   at Vintagestory.Common.ModContainer.LoadAssembly(ModCompilationContext compilationContext, ModAssemblyLoader loader)

Edited by Craluminum

Ahh, ok. That's an issue with the bundler that I thought I'd fixed. I've done a lot of refactoring work recently which should have sorted it out. It's difficult to get the Fody Weaver settings to add what you want, while ignoring the rest. I'll rush through an update tonight. Thank you for letting me know. :) Of course, this doesn't show up on my PC, because it grabs dependencies from the GAC if not found locally.

• ApacheTech changed the title to Waypoint Extensions (v1.2.5)
  • 1.2.5:
    • Fix: Fixed fatal issue with dependency bundling.
    • Command Added: ".wp-debug update" - Updates the file structure used for custom waypoints up until 1.2.1. Only run if needed.
    • Command Added: ".wp-debug blurb" - Copies the info text about the mod to clipboard. Handy to keep an offline list of the syntax available.
    • Command Added: ".wp-debug purge" - Purges all files and folders used by the mod, ready for uninstall. Only run if needed.
    • Command Added: ".wp-debug reset" - Resets the mod to factory settings. Only run if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Known Issues:

• ".wp mushroom" suffers from CopyPasta issues. Default title is "Meteor".

Future Features (In Progress):

• Waypoint Management GUI (Filter, Export, Import, Remove, etc.)
  • New Waypoint Icons (Meteor, Flower, Shovel, Water, Gems, Mushrooms, etc.)
  • Automatic Trader Waypoints (Using same colour scheme as AutoMap)
  • Automatic Translocator and Teleporter Waypoints
  • World Map: Render lines on map between Traslocator and Teleporter end-points.
  • World Map: Follow Player
  • World Map: Re-centre Map on Player

It's taking a while though, because I'm learning how to use these things for the first time, whenever I try to add a new feature.

Edited by ApacheTech
  • Like 2

Updated to 1.3.1

Changelog:

• 1.3.1:
    • Fix: Changed ".map" to ".cm" to resolve issues with other mods.
  • 1.3.0:
    • Fix: Fixed "mushroom" default text.
    • New Command: ".wpt" - Adds a trader waypoint for the nearest trader.
    • New Command: .map – Finally added much needed map features, such as re-centring the map on the player, or being able to go to a specific coordinate on the world map.
    • New Codebase Features: Full re-write of the VintageMods.Core project, as well a full re-write of the VintageMods.WaypointExtensions library. This has included a much needed spring clean, and future-proofing ready for providing my own GUI for the mod.
Edited by ApacheTech

• ApacheTech changed the title to Waypoint Extensions (v1.3.1)
  • ApacheTech changed the title to Waypoint Extensions (v1.3.2)

Updated to 1.3.3

Changelog:

• 1.3.3:
    • Fix: Actually fixed the issue with FluentChat now.
  • 1.3.2:
    • Fix: Fixed issues with the FluentChat framework that were preventing arguments being parsed correctly.
    • Fix: Fixed issue with thread-safe messaging. (Acknowledgement: Novocain)
    • Game Version Update: Mod updated for Game Version 1.14.10.
    • Refactoring: Mod codebase has been refactored to be more in-line with the VintageMods Core Framework.
    • New Command: Exposed a previously debug-only command as ".wp util purge-icon". This has been temperamental, and so will be further documented in a future release.
Edited by ApacheTech

• ApacheTech changed the title to Waypoint Extensions (v1.3.3)

Hey @Apache

Tried the 1.3.3 version today on 1.14.10 (with other mods and as the only mod loaded on a completely new world) it doesn't seem to detect any arguments. trying to add any waypoints with .wp (e.g. copper, pin home, etc, etc) only returns "invalid argument". Not sure if I remember correctly but .wp alone used to bring up a list of all possible waypoint commands but it doesn't do that anymore either. The map centering function is working fine though.

• Thanks 1

• ApacheTech changed the title to Waypoint Extensions (v1.4.0)

Update: 1.4.0:

New Commands:

• .gps: Broadcasts your current XYZ coordinates to the server, in the form of a chat message. Also copies your coordinates to the clipboard.

• .wptl: Adds a waypoint to a fixed translocator, within five blocks of the player.

• .wptp: Adds a waypoint to a teleporter block, within five blocks of the player.

New Features:

• Options Menu (Default Key: F7): Allows the player to enable or disable automatic trader and translocator waypoint creation. When enabled, traders will get a waypoint when you enter their GUI. Translocators and Teleporters will get a waypoint when used.
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.