How much should Vintage Story cost?

Tyron

What should be the sales price of Vintage Story?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the sales price of Vintage Story?

• Don't raise it (8 EUR / 9 USD)
    • 10 EUR / 12.5 USD
    • 12 EUR / 15 USD
    • 16 EUR / 20 USD

This poll is closed to new votes

I tend to buy my games on Steam (but made an exception for this game), and put them into four categories:
1) 'I will only play this game if you pay ME for it',
2) 'maybe, if it's on 80% discount sale',
3) 'will buy for max 19.99 euros',
4) 'will buy for max 29.99 euros'

At it's current state I would have paid 19.99 on Steam and considered that a fair price for what I got.
With more endgame goals, and more 'reward for (some) grind' (I'd like to see character skill and proficiency levelling / class development for example. Item quality would be nice too), I'd go up to 29.99.

• 5 months later...
On 2/17/2018 at 4:33 AM, Tyron said:

I've been wanting to raise the price for almost half a year now but it's hard to say what the true value of a game is. So perhaps you can help me decide 🙂

Some of my arguments for raising the price

• Adjust USD price to the new EUR<=>USD exchange rate (where I live in need EUR). It's gone up 10-15% since the day I introduced the game
  • Compared to the first purchasable version of the game there is now a fully playable survival mode that offers a decent amount of hours of interesting game play and a well working  multiplayer mode (and tons of other new features)
  • I'd like the price to also reflect that this is a high quality craft and not a cheap rip-off

Please let me know what you think! Thank you!

The big difference in what vintage is and what Minecraft is, mc is has things for all players, PvP, PvE, Survival, parkour, better building, better command blocks (for maps) with a lot more mods, and high quality interactions between blocks. Vintage story is a much better survival game, but there aren't that many mods, (no offence) not the best PvE/combat system, No PvP servers (I would really like one!) parkour isn't really deal (you do have it) Doors are only one wood, taking away from the building experience, commands and command blocks aren't well documented, (taking away from minigames) small community with little mods.

I don't care about mc survival

I want more weapons in mc

Parkour could be better

no server hosting

if you can add to it, it would be would be a great replacement for mc, I would pay $45

Don't work on the roadmap if you want to make money!

Expand for all players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=biger community=more money made=more update=more money mad (and better game) and happy players

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.