Meteoric Expansion v1.0.5

Taska Raine

6 hours ago, Shadowfire117 said:

Ah, yeah I tried with longer lifespan and finally one crashed and ore was spawned. Thanks for the explanation, and once more thanks for a stellar mod! Do you plan on making more random weather event to liven up the skybox?

You're welcome ^.^

I'd love to see something like that, too... even more extreme weather phenomena seems like it'd be a cool addition to the game. I'd love to revisit some things in this mod at some point, like implement atmospheric meteor showers that last for an extended period of time, and make it possible for meteors made of rocks that don't exist in the VS worldgen to spawn. Beyond that it's all 'I hope to see it some day!'

I would love wilder weather as well, I am considering getting into vintage story modding, make it so that bad weather makes staying inside important, so one can also enjoy the cozyness of a warm safe home in a storm. As well as having weather effects and nights where there are no monsters because of sky being beautiful!

• Amazing! 1

6 hours ago, Shadowfire117 said:

I would love wilder weather as well, I am considering getting into vintage story modding, make it so that bad weather makes staying inside important, so one can also enjoy the cozyness of a warm safe home in a storm. As well as having weather effects and nights where there are no monsters because of sky being beautiful!

In a modpack for Minecraft (called Rebirth-of-the-Night), there was a similar event, called a Harvest Moon. The big glowing lunar coin in the sky would be a bluish-goldish hue, very bright, and the presence of it limited/nullified mob spawns. Plus crops harvested under the moon gave a little more product.

Wouldn't that be cool? :)

• Like 1

That honestly sounds pretty cool! Having access to data to the seasonal dates in the games does mean the possibility of even having specific days having specific events in the year. Which can add even more to the game as it also creates an atmosphere on multiplayer servers for holidays like a harvest festival!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know the ore in the meteorite is supposed to be random, but uranium seems to be highly prevalent in my world. The vast majority of what hits the ground is uranium, with the occasional copper. Maybe it's just bad luck rng, but it just seems to be rolling uranium an awful lot.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any possibility for a freshly landed Meteor to smoke for a while, making it easier to find them? I've only ever been able to find one, an Iron-Chert Meteor, because it crashed into the side of a pond and caused flowing water.

I do have destructive meteors on.

On 9/30/2021 at 9:22 PM, Travis Pluid said:

Is there any possibility for a freshly landed Meteor to smoke for a while, making it easier to find them? I've only ever been able to find one, an Iron-Chert Meteor, because it crashed into the side of a pond and caused flowing water.

I do have destructive meteors on.

Probably could do something like that, yea. I'm most worried about them becoming too easy to find. Maybe implementing that but having it turned off by default would be the way to go. Players could choose to turn it on via a config option if desired.

9 hours ago, Taska Raine said:

Probably could do something like that, yea. I'm most worried about them becoming too easy to find. Maybe implementing that but having it turned off by default would be the way to go. Players could choose to turn it on via a config option if desired.

That would be nice- it's already the minority of people that would have Destructive Meteors on anyways. Unless you're planning to make the chunks that non-destructive meteors drop also smoke if the setting is on?