Meteoric Expansion v1.2.2 - New Content: Meteor Showers

Taska Raine

I actually have several worlds that I've put anywhere from 40 to 80 hours into and never had a meteorite hit my base area.

It feels like having the setting at 1 chunk minimum actually has it hit at least 1 chunk away.  Only the mod writer could verify that though.

*edit*

Hmm, well my new closest one is still over 50 blocks from the base. The pink marker is spawn and I had my mouse over my location at where it hit. I suppose it may depend on how large your building is, it may not be worth the risk?

meteorite strike.jpg

Edited by Lisabet

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using this for near two weeks now in non-destructive to test it and not risk turning on destructive due to my large base and I'm glad I have. I love this mod and it's great visually but I did see a meteor hit my largest castle tower right where my bedroom and some storage is.

This isn't a detractor from the mod, my castle and town is just large.

Simply configure it to the minimum size of your base. The blocks it destroys is usually like not bigger than a 5x5x5 area(or so). I would also turn down the frequency, due to receiving way more uranium in the span of a couple days than I think is healthy. Chasing the meteors and having more ores above ground is very nice.

On 2/8/2021 at 11:50 AM, Craluminum said:

What to do if after each new game (or load the saved game) the config is always returned to default?

It's possible that the value changed in the config is invalid. A new config is generated in such a case to avoid further problems with the mod. Could you post your config file contents so that I can diagnose?

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed that with this mod on my Ubuntu server, that sometimes when I connect to the server I get meteors raining down everywhere, like 1 a second. When I leave then return to the server it is ok them. I have a real long time between meteors set on the server config file. I have the mod installed for both client and server. The client config is default. Can't figure out what is going on, but have had it happen a few times in the last week. This is my server config file:

{
  "Destructive": true,
  "MinimumMinutesBetweenMeteorSpawns": 1440,
  "MaximumMinutesBetweenMeteorSpawns": 525600,
  "MinimumSpawnDistanceInChunks": 1,
  "MaximumSpawnDistanceInChunks": 6,
  "MinimumMeteorLifespanInSeconds": 2,
  "MaximumMeteorLifespanInSeconds": 10
}

9 hours ago, CJHKnight2 said:

I have noticed that with this mod on my Ubuntu server, that sometimes when I connect to the server I get meteors raining down everywhere, like 1 a second. When I leave then return to the server it is ok them. I have a real long time between meteors set on the server config file. I have the mod installed for both client and server. The client config is default. Can't figure out what is going on, but have had it happen a few times in the last week. This is my server config file:

{
  "Destructive": true,
  "MinimumMinutesBetweenMeteorSpawns": 1440,
  "MaximumMinutesBetweenMeteorSpawns": 525600,
  "MinimumSpawnDistanceInChunks": 1,
  "MaximumSpawnDistanceInChunks": 6,
  "MinimumMeteorLifespanInSeconds": 2,
  "MaximumMeteorLifespanInSeconds": 10
}

I think the problem is that the number 525600 is just so excessively large that, when converted to milliseconds, the number is just too large to fit in an integer or double. It turns that number into a negative and thus, the spawner will always spawn meteors indefinitely.

With a little reworking I THINK I can fix it to work. I'll see what I can do-but for now, you could dial back the maximum minutes to avoid the problem.

25 minutes ago, Taska Raine said:

I think the problem is that the number 525600 is just so excessively large that, when converted to milliseconds, the number is just too large to fit in an integer or double. It turns that number into a negative and thus, the spawner will always spawn meteors indefinitely.

With a little reworking I THINK I can fix it to work. I'll see what I can do-but for now, you could dial back the maximum minutes to avoid the problem.

Ok sounds good. I didn't think a large integer would be a problem lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since i removed the mod from the server we always get the following error in the logs:

17.4.2021 09:05:01 [VerboseDebug] Failed loading an entity in a chunk. Will discard, sorry. Exception: System.Exception: Don't know how to instantiate entity of type EntityMeteor did you forget to register a mapping?
   at Vintagestory.Common.ClassRegistry.CreateEntity(String className)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerChunk.AfterDeserialization(IWorldAccessor worldAccessorForResolve)

21 hours ago, Kai Effelsberg said:

Since i removed the mod from the server we always get the following error in the logs:

17.4.2021 09:05:01 [VerboseDebug] Failed loading an entity in a chunk. Will discard, sorry. Exception: System.Exception: Don't know how to instantiate entity of type EntityMeteor did you forget to register a mapping?
   at Vintagestory.Common.ClassRegistry.CreateEntity(String className)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerChunk.AfterDeserialization(IWorldAccessor worldAccessorForResolve)

A meteor likely existed on the server at the time that the mod was removed. The entity is removed from the play session but I suppose still exists on the save file. It shouldn't cause problems.

Maybe a serverside wipe of entities will eliminate the error or some targeted removal of that particular entity. That might need the mod installed... I don't know for sure. Just installing it again and waiting for it to blow up might be enough.

• Taska Raine changed the title to Meteoric Expansion v1.0.5
  • 1 month later...

A very lovely mod! I love having a meteor come by and liven up the day! I'm currently on 1.5.5, but no matter if I set meteoric destruction to true or false. They always explode mid air and the particles rain down. My big confusion is that I have scoured 7 sites so far where I have confirmed I was underneath it, but no traces of small meteoric iron clumps nor any craters. Is this a possibly a bug or something else?

2 hours ago, Shadowfire117 said:

A very lovely mod! I love having a meteor come by and liven up the day! I'm currently on 1.5.5, but no matter if I set meteoric destruction to true or false. They always explode mid air and the particles rain down. My big confusion is that I have scoured 7 sites so far where I have confirmed I was underneath it, but no traces of small meteoric iron clumps nor any craters. Is this a possibly a bug or something else?

Naah, that's still by design. It's quite rare that a meteor will hit the ground and make a crater with the default settings. If you're wanting to see them hit the ground more often then you'd want to increase the min and max meteor lifespan config options.They only ever drop resources when they hit the ground, too.

10 hours ago, Taska Raine said:

Naah, that's still by design. It's quite rare that a meteor will hit the ground and make a crater with the default settings. If you're wanting to see them hit the ground more often then you'd want to increase the min and max meteor lifespan config options.They only ever drop resources when they hit the ground, too.

Ah, yeah I tried with longer lifespan and finally one crashed and ore was spawned. Thanks for the explanation, and once more thanks for a stellar mod! Do you plan on making more random weather event to liven up the skybox?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.