MoreClasses-Gameplay changing classes

Mr1k3

Hello!
I really do like the idea you had with this mod. Will leave some thoughts on it here:
- I really think too it lacks a class with buffs for cooking.
- why does a blacksmith have higher ore drop rate? In my opinion this should be removed as there is a miner class for that. In my opinion the blacksmith should be a class suited for staying at the base smithing and building. No need for higher ore drop rate there.
- dont know if thats possible but i would like to see have the classes have mining speed buffs for different types of material. The miner should have that high mining speed on ores and stones, the Lumberjack on wood.

Edited by Scout

I wanted experiment this time around with the building recipe additions to the lumberjack and blacksmith to see how well people like that, might give me some better information on how to make a cooking class interesting.

The only issue with the implementation of a cooking class Is that its pretty easy to get carried away with new cooking stuff, I'd be afraid of going overboard and making an expanded foods 2, and that's a lot of content to keep updated for just one class. The added stuff would likely be tied to either new cooking vessels, new preservation storage options, or new grid cooking recipes. I know cooking is a big part of the game for a lot of people, but I'd still need to make the class have a little more depth than just those additions, which I may of may not be able to do with something like the mason or carpenter perk.

Even in this update I am concerned with the lack of depth of the farmer class, and I hope that the lumberjack has enough interesting perks to keep them viable.

13 hours ago, Scout said:

Hello!
I really do like the idea you had with this mod. Will leave some thoughts on it here:
- I really think too it lacks a class with buffs for cooking.
- why does a blacksmith have higher ore drop rate? In my opinion this should be removed as there is a miner class for that. In my opinion the blacksmith should be a class suited for staying at the base smithing and building. No need for higher ore drop rate there.
- dont know if thats possible but i would like to see have the classes have mining speed buffs for different types of material. The miner should have that high mining speed on ores and stones, the Lumberjack on wood.

As for the blacksmith getting more ore drops, I've wanted to have classes be playable and fun in single player. The extra drop rate really is not that high, and I've wanted to spread some of the perks that were only used once around to keep things interesting. With the addition of the copper pan, the miner still has their place and I don't feel like their overshadowed by the blacksmith. But as always the stats are subject to changes/tweaks/balances and I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Mining rates seem like they are hard-coded to only affect stone blocks from what I can tell, would be a really cool thing to tweak, but I'm not sure If I could figure out how to change that.

10 hours ago, Mr1k3 said:

The only issue with the implementation of a cooking class Is that its pretty easy to get carried away with new cooking stuff, I'd be afraid of going overboard and making an expanded foods 2, and that's a lot of content to keep updated for just one class. The added stuff would likely be tied to either new cooking vessels, new preservation storage options, or new grid cooking recipes. I know cooking is a big part of the game for a lot of people, but I'd still need to make the class have a little more depth than just those additions, which I may of may not be able to do with something like the mason or carpenter perk.

Is it really necesary to introduce new items and crafting mechanics for a cook? In my opinion buffs like they are added by xSkills like less cooking time, higher shelf life for food would be nice. If you feel like the farmer or lumberjack lack depth, maybe you can add such perks to one of them?

10 hours ago, Mr1k3 said:

As for the blacksmith getting more ore drops, I've wanted to have classes be playable and fun in single player. The extra drop rate really is not that high, and I've wanted to spread some of the perks that were only used once around to keep things interesting. With the addition of the copper pan, the miner still has their place and I don't feel like their overshadowed by the blacksmith. But as always the stats are subject to changes/tweaks/balances and I'll be keeping an eye on it.

i get your point on that. Still there are several classes that don't get more ore drops and i feel like its out of place for a blacksmith to get them. In my opinion if you wanted to spread out some of the perks the clockmaker would be the better choice for having the higher ore drop rate in my opinion, as its a class meant for underground exploring and dealing with translocators and locust. I love the addition of the copper pan to miners! sounds like a really good idea.

Also have you tought about adding higher temp. gear droprate to one of the classes? would suit one of the fighter classes or the clockmaker in my opinion.

Edited by Scout

made a load of changes in 1.2.2-

I cleaned up trait info on select screen, clarified some unclear bonuses (like bow draw strength, animal seek range) and added handbook entry links for most perk-craftable items

major changes- re-worked bonus drops, before a +10% increase to rusty gear drop rate on a 2% chance gave you a nearly pointless +0.002% increase, I didn't know this, so now I increased these bonuses by a huge amount so you actually get double rates when stated, should make rusty gear and tree seed drop rates actually get doubled now, so sort of a huge buff to classes that had those or related perks

• hunter- gave them that extra 10% damage to ranged weapons to make it a clean 50%, now gets more ranged projectile velocity
  • malefactor- sling buffed with 2x durability, gave them 10% faster ranged weapons but also hit them with a -25% projectile velocity decrease, reduced bonus vessel contents rate, and forage/wild crop drops by 5%, but now they have a true doubled rusty gear drop rate (so a 10% chance becomes 20%)
  • clockmaker- gave more mechanical bonus damage, and now they not only have a doubled rusty gear drop rate but a doubled temporal gear drop rate as well (currently only applied to drifters) slightly increased negatives of the inaccurate perk
  • blackguard- given them back the +25% less armor speed reduction perk that they had in vanilla, can now craft a broken set of blackguard armor with black bronze, now have a +5% hunger drain and are affected by the inaccurate perk changes
  • vanguard- given a 50% reduction for armor speed penalties, increased hunger drain by +5%, can now craft a broken set of forlorn hope armor with bismuth bronze
  • miner- keeping up with the inaccurate perk changes, they got hit a little harder by ranged negatives
  • farmer-buffed extra produce rate by +5% changed foraging drop rate from 20-15% and gave it to wild crop drop rate 20-25%, hit with inaccurate perk changes. Can now craft soil boosters which are both efficient fertilizers and permanently boost soil max fertility by 20/40% once, similar to potash, halved output of craftable terra preta to compensate a bit
  • lumberjack- actually get a doubled tree seed drop rate, given a new perk that makes branchy leaves have a 50% change to give a second stick, also slightly increases normal leaves stick drop rates from 2% to 3%, hit with inaccurate perk changes
  • blacksmith- reduced melee damage bonus by 5%, armor durability bonus by 5%, but given a +20% reduction to armor speed penalties

soilboost.png.905efd03a50df9045f99d5d6824a96b9.pngcahbe.png.d2996866f9a521b94d81c4059f4bbbde.png

Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 1

Do you know of a way to force a server wide character select? I really like these extra class mods but trying to implement them on an existing server is really messy. Would be killer if you could somehow add an admin command that once entered forces everyone to reselect their class / appearance on the next login.  The current system for doing this requires both the admin and affected character to be connected at the same time. Okay for small groups of people but if this wipes out a class that someone previously chose and there is no admin around that person is frustrated and out of luck.

Edited by StewBag

Hi! I seem to have found some issues with Lumberjack class recipes, specifically with the ones that are supposed to save on durability to create boards and firewood.

Firewood: Vanilla game and 1.2.2 version of the mod and class exclusive recipes enabled in world config (completely new world created to test):
Crafting grid does not recognize the recipe for Axe / log / log (tried with two of the same type of logs and mixed)
image.thumb.png.fda96907d983d1d99f3226fc7b34e202.png

Boards: Vanilla game and 1.2.2 version of the mod and class exclusive recipes enabled in world config (completely new world created to test):
Crafting grid recognizes Saw / log / log - but there are two issues:
- recipe competes with the vanilla recipe for raw bowstave if you use oak, maple or walnut
- if you use any other logs (like ebony, acacia, etc) - the recipe consumes only the top log and gives 12 boards, consuming 1 point of durability, so no savings in comparison to just saw/ log vanilla recipe :(

Also, seconding the above about a command for admins to force all to re-select class on next login, if possible (or anything at all to help with that). It will be very difficult to maintain on a busy server when there will be future updates.

Hey. I have been playing with the Blacksmith class, and I'm at the point where i want to start on getting steel. But i can't seem to see where the Mason trait helps on making cheaper refractory bricks, as it requires just as many materials as the vanilla recipe for one brick (Fireclay x2, others x1). Any input on this? Thanks. :)

On 1/24/2022 at 8:39 AM, StewBag said:

Do you know of a way to force a server wide character select? I really like these extra class mods but trying to implement them on an existing server is really messy. Would be killer if you could somehow add an admin command that once entered forces everyone to reselect their class / appearance on the next login.  The current system for doing this requires both the admin and affected character to be connected at the same time. Okay for small groups of people but if this wipes out a class that someone previously chose and there is no admin around that person is frustrated and out of luck.

7 hours ago, Leenah said:

Hi! I seem to have found some issues with Lumberjack class recipes, specifically with the ones that are supposed to save on durability to create boards and firewood.

Firewood: Vanilla game and 1.2.2 version of the mod and class exclusive recipes enabled in world config (completely new world created to test):
Crafting grid does not recognize the recipe for Axe / log / log (tried with two of the same type of logs and mixed)
image.thumb.png.fda96907d983d1d99f3226fc7b34e202.png

Boards: Vanilla game and 1.2.2 version of the mod and class exclusive recipes enabled in world config (completely new world created to test):
Crafting grid recognizes Saw / log / log - but there are two issues:
- recipe competes with the vanilla recipe for raw bowstave if you use oak, maple or walnut
- if you use any other logs (like ebony, acacia, etc) - the recipe consumes only the top log and gives 12 boards, consuming 1 point of durability, so no savings in comparison to just saw/ log vanilla recipe :(

Also, seconding the above about a command for admins to force all to re-select class on next login, if possible (or anything at all to help with that). It will be very difficult to maintain on a busy server when there will be future updates.

28 minutes ago, Tangwulf said:

Hey. I have been playing with the Blacksmith class, and I'm at the point where i want to start on getting steel. But i can't seem to see where the Mason trait helps on making cheaper refractory bricks, as it requires just as many materials as the vanilla recipe for one brick (Fireclay x2, others x1). Any input on this? Thanks. :)

Adding new commands is probably way above my skill level, but I'll at least have a look.

Since your using two different types of logs the recipe does not know which type of board to give you, just how the game works, otherwise would have to add fixed outputs and getting oak boards from your purpleheart wood and that would suck. Will look into the conflict with the bow-stave probably just change the recipe shape for that one. Also looks like I missed adding in some variants of wood to the recipe, will also fix that as well.

In the cycling raw refractory brick recipe, the blacksmith should have a shaped recipe for them that uses 4 fire clay in the center and one of each crushed mineral around it (depending on tier), this is not shown but that outputs two bricks. It costs the same amount of fireclay in the end, but it uses half the crushed resources.

1 hour ago, Mr1k3 said:

Since your using two different types of logs the recipe does not know which type of board to give you, just how the game works, otherwise would have to add fixed outputs and getting oak boards from your purpleheart wood and that would suck. Will look into the conflict with the bow-stave probably just change the recipe shape for that one. Also looks like I missed adding in some variants of wood to the recipe, will also fix that as well.

The screenshot has the recipe for firewood, not boards :) It uses an axe and I did test with both logs of the same type and mixed, which is shown in the handbook. 

For boards I of course tested only with the exact same type of log and with a saw (I went back and double-checked that just in case).

1.2.3-

Clarification, and minor tweaks update

• Added handbook entry for the mod, includes information on how to change class, general tips for some classes (clarifying some unclear things), and information on how drop-rates are affected by stats. Hopefully helps people better understand some things with this mod
  • Tweaked all alternate "exclusive" recipes to be shown in their own grid in the handbook, also added this to the armor repairing so no more flashing back and fourth armor recipes. This change to other recipes should give the player better understanding of what recipes they have access to, instead of being hidden behind an alternating recipe list
  • Tweaked a load of trait-breakdowns clarified ore drop chances based off the 1.25 drop rate most ores have, and for example now a reduced ore rate by -0.2 tells you that you don't have any chance at double ores, rather than an unclear "-20% drop rate" and a reduced rate of -0.1 is shown as "-12.5" meaning you have half the chance at double ores, also clarified what "forage drop rate" applies to (to the best of my understanding)
  • Following my increased knowledge on drop calculations, most foraging "wild-crop and foraging" perks have been intensified or slightly decreased, now you should see more of a gameplay impact on these drop chances since they were way too low to notice.
  • Should be fixes for the lumberjack recipes, should be able to create all boards from all logs, also can now make firewood from 2 different wood type inputs, buffed stick recipe by multiplying the recipe by 2 which halves the axe durability usage
  • Some very very minor perk value adjustments here and there
  • fixed quiver not being shown in handbook or its recipe, the hunter still has access to it and now that is stated in the handbook even though I cant easily fix the perk not showing it
  • adds french translations courtesy of Ailin78 (they might be slightly outdated sorry Ailin78)
Edited by Mr1k3
  • Amazing! 1

17 hours ago, Mr1k3 said:

In the cycling raw refractory brick recipe, the blacksmith should have a shaped recipe for them that uses 4 fire clay in the center and one of each crushed mineral around it (depending on tier), this is not shown but that outputs two bricks. It costs the same amount of fireclay in the end, but it uses half the crushed resources.

Hey. Thanks for the reply.
I got the new update (today) and tried to craft the bricks as it is told on the recipe for Mason trait, but it only consumes 2 of the fireclay and gives me 1 brick.

4 hours ago, Tangwulf said:

Hey. Thanks for the reply.
I got the new update (today) and tried to craft the bricks as it is told on the recipe for Mason trait, but it only consumes 2 of the fireclay and gives me 1 brick.

Dang, thought I fixed those recipe oddities. I went and fixed it in 1.2.4 by setting the original recipe to shaped since shapeless recipes take priority over shaped for some odd reason.

1.2.4-

Hotfix for blacksmith recipes

• Hopefully fixed all class related recipe issues, the blacksmith should be able to make double the refractory bricks using their custom shaped recipe, I did the same in the last update for the lumberjack, but I could only fix the issue by setting the vanilla recipes from shapeless to shaped, so be sure to put stuff in the right order in the grid for refractory, firewood, boards, and sticks.
  • Also I forgot to mention last update that the carpenter can now make the off version of the paper lantern with a shapeless grid recipe, and turn it back on with the same recipe
  • Added Russian translations courtesy of Orlin! Should be up to date as of this patch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 1:39 PM, CoB said:

Bug: When placing the Owl Treasure Chest it will turn into a normal chest that still has the Owl Treasure Chest label and does not animate
@Mr1k3

I've just tested with and without this mod installed and I've never seen anything like that, this mod does not touch anything related to chests so its likely another mod doing that.

13 hours ago, Nol said:

is it possible to remix classes uses the characterclasses.json config?

Yes, its entirely possible to do so. You can look in the traits json in the config to see what each stat does. Now adding classes or more traits will need you to do a little more work, especially in adding entries to the lang and defining your additions in there.

Edited by Mr1k3

could i contact you via discord ive attempted multiple times and failed

these are my attempts at editing a couple classes

provisioner sits at the bottom of characterclasses

and i dont know what the heck i could be missing in lang

ive never really modded before and im just dipping my toes in

im attempting to see if i can mix 2 classes into eachother more or less

characterclasses.json en.json

Edited by Nol

27 minutes ago, HandsomelyJack said:

For some reason the blacksmith Trait "Smith" is Not working, is there a workaround or is something not being done properly ?

unknown.png

Plate armor takes 6 uses of the kit to repair, so the basic kit is too weak to repair it. The handbook entry lists the repair costs for armor, I guess I should also put it in the toolkit description to make that clearer.

Hello, it appears that it is not possible to use the redwood quarter log to make firewood using the Lumberjack special recipe - is that intended?
The full version of the log works fine and the quarters can be used to make the boards using the special recipe with the saw.

image.thumb.png.ddafce1aaeffbe8230dff67b8070459d.png

On 2/16/2022 at 2:55 PM, CoB said:

Holding the copper pan (from the more classes mod) in your hand will crash the server. (multiplayer) @Mr1k3

Could you provide me with a crashlog, or the server-main log?

8 hours ago, Leenah said:

Hello, it appears that it is not possible to use the redwood quarter log to make firewood using the Lumberjack special recipe - is that intended?
The full version of the log works fine and the quarters can be used to make the boards using the special recipe with the saw.

image.thumb.png.ddafce1aaeffbe8230dff67b8070459d.png

Small oversight in the recipe, the quarter logs annoyingly have a different Id structure. Will be fixed in the next update.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.