Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.2.2-rc.2]

ZigTheHedge

• 1 month later...

is there any way we can change which tabs show, if we have too many mods? I'm running 60+ and ofc not all can show as tabs lol

I'd like to make specific mods have tabs, the ones I tend to look up most often (like expanded foods, temporal tinkerer, etc)

7 hours ago, Lisabet said:

I'd like to make specific mods have tabs, the ones I tend to look up most often (like expanded foods, temporal tinkerer, etc)

I have an idea about this setting, but it will be not very user-friendly I'm afraid. So, I have to think harder :D

You can use "@modid" for now though.

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.2.8]
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.2.10]
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.2.2-rc.1]

I have this installed but it is not giving me the tabs like it did before in 1.15.9. I installed the new one and its not breaking anything but its not doing what it is supposed to do. I have a lot of mods installed and this is very helpful.

Wow sorry I just now saw your note.

Edited by Yvette Forty

Previously added bookmarks aren't visible on a new game sessions. Newly added ones are listed only until you leave the game.

bookmarks.###########.JSON file exists and lists all the items I have added previously, but none are shown in bookmarks list after game restart.

Edited by Shion

Spoiler

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at survivalcats.src.PatcherGetHeldItemInfo.Postfix(ICoreAPI ___api, ItemSlot& inSlot, StringBuilder& dsc)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.GetHeldItemInfo_Patch3(CollectibleObject this, ItemSlot inSlot, StringBuilder dsc, IWorldAccessor world, Boolean withDebugInfo)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.GetHeldItemInfo(ItemSlot inSlot, StringBuilder dsc, IWorldAccessor world, Boolean withDebugInfo)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack.GetDescription(IWorldAccessor world, ItemSlot inSlot, Boolean debug)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemstackInfo.AsyncRecompose()
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemstackInfo.SetSourceSlot(ItemSlot nowSlot)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudMouseTools.OnMouseEnterSlot(ItemSlot slot)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerOnMouseEnterSlot(ClientMain game, ItemSlot slot)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.OnMouseMove(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.OnMouseMove(MouseEvent mouse)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnMouseMove(MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnMouseMove(MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnMouseMove_Patch0(ClientMain this, MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.UpdateMousePosition()
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 476
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 452
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at _WBb7CwUzEOAcHICLKAiVW6NVIeN._6uyy3n9Ds2iEHGU5xys7eJtJVNh(_Bv3M5I4kdGBjvWkB5zNcVsHESud , String[] )
   at _rip5UQmdVBLCq6ZoAXXnaN9jQJc._6uyy3n9Ds2iEHGU5xys7eJtJVNh(ThreadStart )

@ZigTheHedge

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.2.2-rc.2]
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This mod is completely unusable with mods that add categories of their own, I cannot find the supposed options menu to config weather to show the vanilla tabs off and on. Removing the Vanilla categories completely would solve this issue since they take up most space on the side menu and offer nothing to the usability of the mod but dev won't do that for some reason, i have no idea why, The only tabs most people use is the bookmark tab and mod tabs for obvious reasons.

Edit:

Found a workaround - go to \assets\game\config\ in the main Vintage Story folder and open the file creativetabs.json
delete all text and paste this into it or edit the .json to your liking (do not delete the file or it will crash your game on joining world)

{
    tabConfigs: [
        { code: "general", listOrder: 0 }
    ]
}

This will remove some of the bloat of the side-tab. all vanilla tabs will still remain but mod tabs will go to the top of the order and vanilla will be lower order than most mods. dunno how the game sorts them but this is the best fix i know so far.
You will also still have the tabs in the creative menu but the game will randomize the order so don't worry about that.

Edited by GenocideAgent

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.