Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.2.2-rc.2]

ZigTheHedge

Hey, gals and guys! Ever since I wrote my first mod for Vintage Story, I thought about inability of viewing all my mod's content. I discovered a way to add my own creative tab later (thanks @Spear and Fang and his Primitive Survival), but that is good only for players who able to switch to creative. So, I decided to add all creative tabs to survival handbook! Because - why not?

surcats_1.jpg.0761b40742acd930edf41310a2b51edb.jpgsurcats_2.jpg.c7417d87c1a2d6aa498c3150fbc9420a.jpg

If you for some reason don't like to click tabs (perhaps, because there's too much of it!!) you can use the sharp "#" symbol prefix to filter what you need (that's actually just tab "names" in code):

surcats_3.jpg.41938853b2ad2f9ce114a7931dd3ba58.jpgsurcats_4.jpg.a3689c84eb16794a33dcdaee0c3866ee.jpg

But, as you probably know, not every mod adds its own creative tab. So, for the rest of mods I added the ability to filter content by modid! Just type it in search area prefixed by "@" (no, I haven't heard about Minecraft and JEI 😁).

surcats_5.jpg.7e469fc44f874dd72cb636f273365b32.jpgsurcats_6.jpg.50124cdacec1fd8316cfc7e153f3d44a.jpg

You want more? Well, I can also offer you the tremendous system of Bookmarks! Now you can bookmark any Item or Block page (no custom pages or guides yet, at least for now, sorry), using the most convenient button at the bottom of the page, and it will stick into dedicated category named "Bookmarks"! Oh yeah!

surcats_7.jpg.3010a2a1f4736d97ac0b4eff4a0fe8ec.jpgsurcats_8.jpg.fe081c1b8f4fb10f01d859dde98c721a.jpg

And a little bonus! Now you can see the possible quantity outcome from your grid-crafting recipes. It's maybe not the most convenient way to display this information, but it's the only one I could accomplish without redesigning the Item page completely.

surcats_9.jpg.693ccaebfcdce1146105434f09026a71.jpgsurvivalcats_modname.thumb.jpg.8b3e99077bc2a48777519b0b8ac3b889.jpg

Version 1.2.3 fixes names of renamed chiseled blocks in inventory. Now if you renamed your masterpiece, the correct name will be displayed on tooltip (requires server-side!)

Version 1.2.4 adds "collectable code" search symbol - $. Use this prefix to search for collectables which codes contain search sequence. $iron for example will result in all collectables made of iron, but not iron ore (because it doesn't contain "iron" in its code).

Version 1.2.7 adds Mod Name info to Collectibles (can be switched off in config).

That's it. This simple and incredibly useful (at least for me 😋).

Latest version and changelogs can be found here:

https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/67

Changelog:

1.2.10:

- Compatibility fixes for 1.15.2

Spoiler

1.2.8:

- Compatibility fixes for 1.15-pre.1

1.2.7:

- Added collectible Id and Code display to survival handbook (only when .edi is ON!, restart the game after enabling)

- Added Mod Name info to Collectibles

1.2.6:

- Fixed tabs duplication when rejoining the same save game without client quit.

1.2.5:

- "$" prefix now works in creative inventory as well

1.2.4:

- Added code search symbol ($) to search for a collectables which codes contain the specified search sequence.

1.2.3:

- Added fix to display renamed chiseled blocks names on tooltip in inventory (required on server-side!).

1.2.2:

- Sorted the list of tabs in Survival Handbook to be more like in Creative Inventory (build-in tabs first, modded - after)

1.2.1:

- Removed debug info (please check your desktop - there should be file called "harmony.log.txt". It is safe to delete it :) Sorry

1.2.0:

- Mod search (@) now works for Creative Inventory as well! (no caching yet, but works).

1.1.0:

- added Bookmarks

- added quantity outcome for Grid Crafting recipes

- added "Unpatch" thing on mod unload (just in case, thanks @Novocain)

survivalcats_v1.14.2-1.2.2.zip survivalcats_v1.14.2-1.2.7.zip survivalcats_v1.15.2-1.2.10.zip

Edited by ZigTheHedge
  • Like 7
  • Amazing! 5

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.1.0]

Update 1.1.0:

You want more? Well, I can also offer you the tremendous system of Bookmarks! Now you can bookmark any Item or Block page (no custom pages or guides yet, at least for now, sorry), using the most convenient button at the bottom of the page, and it will stick into dedicated category named "Bookmarks"! And a little bonus! Now you can see the possible quantity outcome from your grid-crafting recipes. It's maybe not the most convenient way to display this information, but it's the only one I could accomplish without redesigning the Item page completely.

surcats_7.jpg.58dabbe4594cece2290ac10352674ebc.jpgsurcats_8.jpg.f231222c61a9b6d2364ae05746a628b9.jpgsurcats_9.jpg.2d1e8e1e74efa54db5f1148c51be51a9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Cookie time 1
  • Amazing! 1

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.2.0]
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.2.1]
39 minutes ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

At least so that the mods tabs do not mix with vanilla tabs :(

Well, they don’t mix with mod tabs in my game O_o All mod tabs are appended to the formal list.

UPD: Oops! Just seen my own screenshot )) well, it’s getting ordered somewhere ) I’ll try to find how to beat it )

Edited by ZigTheHedge

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.2.2]
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.2.3]
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.2.4]
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.2.5]
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.2.6]
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to Survival Categories - Make your handbook MORE mod-friendly! [v1.2.7]
  • 2 weeks later...

I am very new to the game so please bear with me.

I wonder about a simple thing: will this mod only show creative tabs for those mods I have installed or for every mod out there whether installed or not? I already have a need for this mod but I don't want to unnecessarily clutter my handbook with the reference to mods, I don't even have.

20 minutes ago, Jeb_X said:

I am very new to the game so please bear with me.

I wonder about a simple thing: will this mod only show creative tabs for those mods I have installed or for every mod out there whether installed or not? I already have a need for this mod but I don't want to unnecessarily clutter my handbook with the reference to mods, I don't even have.

It only adds tabs for the mods that you have installed

Edited by Craluminum

On 3/8/2021 at 7:03 PM, Hexedian said:

Would it be possible to add trait keyword searching to the handbook?

I don't see a proper way of doing it... But I like the idea. Maybe, I will come up to something.

14 hours ago, Jeb_X said:

whether installed or not?

There's no way I could display tabs for the mods which aren't installed :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.