Farm Life

jakecool19

Yeah so uh, we had 5495 hares turning our server into a slideshow due to this mod. Somehow.

I feel like that's not intended behavior. 

Also our farm animals are multiplying insanely- as in one sow giving birth to dozens of piglets.

Edited by Thranos

3 hours ago, Tooth Fruity said:

The hares are making this mod absolutely unplayable. Every 30 minutes I have to run /entity removebytype hare-*

And pretty often I have to do it for other animal types like pigs and deer.

Seems like this should have been fixed a long time ago.

I've not been having this issue- how many Hares does the log say were removed when you run the command?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Tooth Fruity said:

The hares are making this mod absolutely unplayable. Every 30 minutes I have to run /entity removebytype hare-*

And pretty often I have to do it for other animal types like pigs and deer.

Seems like this should have been fixed a long time ago.

Had same problem in single player. Problem was some block that spawns hares like 80-120 per spawn, after I find block it and removed it hare spawns stopped. Tho it was quite easy to find because it was some dirt tile in my moat.

Also there is some problems with piggies, modified json pigs to have 3-7 piggy, first time it was 5 piggy, second time it was 14 piggy, seems like something is not reset between births/spawns, maybe.

1 hour ago, Bentorium said:

Had same problem in single player. Problem was some block that spawns hares like 80-120 per spawn, after I find block it and removed it hare spawns stopped. Tho it was quite easy to find because it was some dirt tile in my moat.

Also there is some problems with piggies, modified json pigs to have 3-7 piggy, first time it was 5 piggy, second time it was 14 piggy, seems like something is not reset between births/spawns, maybe.

Does removing the block stop the babies? Even tho I have dirt walls 2 blocks high, still a couple rabbits spawn in my farm than just start shooting babies out like wet gremlins.

29 minutes ago, Tooth Fruity said:

Does removing the block stop the babies? Even tho I have dirt walls 2 blocks high, still a couple rabbits spawn in my farm than just start shooting babies out like wet gremlins.

Yes. After remove spawn block there was no hare problem. Build new dirt block on that spot and no spawn even then.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:39 AM, SturgeonFish said:

I second this, I'd also like the abilty to turn off wild animal pooping.

There is already an option to do that...

On 9/23/2021 at 5:30 PM, Tooth Fruity said:

Any reason that grubs don't appear for me? Under sticks or in hoppers. Not sue what I'm doing wrong.

You have to put a compost bin on top of a hopper and fill it with rot. It will take a few days before grubs appear in the hopper. Make sure the hopper is either blocked off at the bottom or there is a container to catch them.

On 9/30/2021 at 8:51 AM, Softly said:

A question, what generation will allow me to shear my sheep? I'm at gen 4 with gen 5 lambs and no option to shear the adults :o

They have to be at least gen 3 and it will tell you in the heads up display if it is ready. It can take up to two months for them to be ready, and they have to be fed well. If they are Hungry! it will stop the wool growth

Just released another hotfix to deal with the population problems, although if this does not help then I really have no clue what else to do. There is now a cap on breeding which for every animal is the Breeding cap(by default 3) * the lowest litter size of that animal, within the breeding cap range(by default 20). If the space a female is in is overpopulated she will not mate with males and will lose a pregnancy. Make sure before downloading this patch that your farm is not overpopulated or pregnant females will lose their babies. You have been warned! Also, now wolves can be turned into dogs from gen 3 instead of 10.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2021 at 6:13 AM, jakecool19 said:

Just released another hotfix to deal with the population problems, although if this does not help then I really have no clue what else to do. There is now a cap on breeding which for every animal is the Breeding cap(by default 3) * the lowest litter size of that animal, within the breeding cap range(by default 20). If the space a female is in is overpopulated she will not mate with males and will lose a pregnancy. Make sure before downloading this patch that your farm is not overpopulated or pregnant females will lose their babies. You have been warned! Also, now wolves can be turned into dogs from gen 3 instead of 10.

Since you released this patch, I cannot get sheep to breed at all. They lose every pregnancy, even in separate pens 20 blocks apart containing only one breeding pair. They become pregnant, are well fed, and I still see them pregnant one day, then 'several days before pregnancy' the next.

Also, could you specify what the two configs are actually called in game? I've not been able to find them.

Edited by Grant Donahue

Love this mod, thank you so much for it.  I do need to ask a dumb question.  How do I access the config file?  Are there hot keys to open it in game or do I have to go into the mod file itself?  I need to turn off the poop.  My fps has been dropping to like 15-17 crazy low.  I couldn't figure it out until I walked out into a field and saw literally hundreds of wild rabbits and chickens.  I don't think this mod effects the spawning of wild creatures but the poop.  The poop was everywhere, on every block. I don't know what's causing the wildlife overpopulation but getting rid of the poop can only help.  Come to think of it.  I haven't seen any wolves lately.  Hmm.  Anyway, so I need to turn off the poop and I know that I can do this through the config file but I'm not sure how I should access that file.  I know Jakecool is on a break, but if anyone else out there knows, any help would be appreciated.

Sorry didn't see the other posts regarding over population.  I still don't know how to access the config file.  I'd rather not edit the mod itself unless I have to.  Thanks.

Edited by shadou66
Missed previous posts regarding topic

9 hours ago, shadou66 said:

Love this mod, thank you so much for it.  I do need to ask a dumb question.  How do I access the config file?  Are there hot keys to open it in game or do I have to go into the mod file itself?  I need to turn off the poop.  My fps has been dropping to like 15-17 crazy low.  I couldn't figure it out until I walked out into a field and saw literally hundreds of wild rabbits and chickens.  I don't think this mod effects the spawning of wild creatures but the poop.  The poop was everywhere, on every block. I don't know what's causing the wildlife overpopulation but getting rid of the poop can only help.  Come to think of it.  I haven't seen any wolves lately.  Hmm.  Anyway, so I need to turn off the poop and I know that I can do this through the config file but I'm not sure how I should access that file.  I know Jakecool is on a break, but if anyone else out there knows, any help would be appreciated.

Sorry didn't see the other posts regarding over population.  I still don't know how to access the config file.  I'd rather not edit the mod itself unless I have to.  Thanks.

You go to Roaming, then VintageStoryData, then to ModConfig.

On 10/15/2021 at 10:28 AM, shadou66 said:

Are you running the most recent version? That caps populations, and like Travis said config is there with an option to disable poop.

• 2 weeks later...

So am I correct in understanding that hares should eat hay from large animal troughs with this mod installed? I set up some hutches for the rabbits I managed to catch, but they only seem to have grazed so far on the grass in their pens  and haven't touched the food left in the large troughs for them.

2 hours ago, Katlamos said:

So am I correct in understanding that hares should eat hay from large animal troughs with this mod installed? I set up some hutches for the rabbits I managed to catch, but they only seem to have grazed so far on the grass in their pens  and haven't touched the food left in the large troughs for them.

Try small troughs?

• 2 months later...

Can I make a suggestion to put Animal breeding numbers back to default or allow us to set the high and low in a config file?  I have a single pig that is spawning 30+ piglets and end up throwing most of the meat into a pot to rot to try to feed the damn animals.

Wildlife spawns/breeding is also an issue, though I see this has already been mentioned.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried farmlife_v1.0.10.zip with VS 1.16 RC8, but I got this error on Linux:

Running on 64 bit Linux with 31 GB.
Version: v1.16.0-rc.8 (Unstable)1/9/2022 7:59:45 PM: Critical error occurred
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: !!0 Vintagestory.API.Common.IModLoader.GetModSystem<!0>()
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo,object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters, System.Boolean wrapExceptions) [0x00008] in <d57a575dd6be4193a54eb87783bbd39c>:0
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters, System.Boolean wrapExceptions) [0x00022] in <d57a575dd6be4193a54eb87783bbd39c>:0
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.DoInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00089] in <d57a575dd6be4193a54eb87783bbd39c>:0
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <d57a575dd6be4193a54eb87783bbd39c>:0
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl (System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Object[] activationAttributes, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark& stackMark) [0x0029a] in <d57a575dd6be4193a54eb87783bbd39c>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x000de] in <d57a575dd6be4193a54eb87783bbd39c>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <d57a575dd6be4193a54eb87783bbd39c>:0
  at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorTaskAI.Initialize (Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.EntityProperties properties, Vintagestory.API.Datastructures.JsonObject aiconfig) [0x000dd] in <54fc9678e46a45598eee7f8d0ede2cd1>:0
  at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.EntitySidedProperties.loadBehaviors (Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity entity, Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.EntityProperties properties, Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor world) [0x00065] in <55672c87d46343c7b8ee181f3b7ccb3e>:0
  at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.EntityProperties.Initialize (Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity entity, Vintagestory.API.Common.ICoreAPI api) [0x00041] in <55672c87d46343c7b8ee181f3b7ccb3e>:0
  at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.Initialize (Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.EntityProperties properties, Vintagestory.API.Common.ICoreAPI api, System.Int64 InChunkIndex3d) [0x001f9] in <55672c87d46343c7b8ee181f3b7ccb3e>:0
  at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.Initialize (Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.EntityProperties properties, Vintagestory.API.Common.ICoreAPI api, System.Int64 InChunkIndex3d) [0x00027] in <55672c87d46343c7b8ee181f3b7ccb3e>:0
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.LoadEntity (Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity entity, System.Int64 fromChunkIndex3d) [0x00078] in <e9ac1be8a5f24f8da990a2f3ddb56a77>:0
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemSupplyChunks+<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<loadOrGenerateChunkColumn>b__0 () [0x000f4] in <e9ac1be8a5f24f8da990a2f3ddb56a77>:0
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ProcessMainThreadTasks () [0x00135] in <e9ac1be8a5f24f8da990a2f3ddb56a77>:0
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ProcessMain () [0x00009] in <e9ac1be8a5f24f8da990a2f3ddb56a77>:0
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Stop (System.String reason) [0x0036a] in <e9ac1be8a5f24f8da990a2f3ddb56a77>:0
  at _ZqUQ7pOQY5Qg73UAepClsoZVWgk._Z7oc9wJVjlXLAth2luSeFQe1U3S () [0x00185] in <5a63ddc141e4421582b46ef4f5af7fac>:0
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (System.Object state) [0x00017] in <d57a575dd6be4193a54eb87783bbd39c>:0
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x0008d] in <d57a575dd6be4193a54eb87783bbd39c>:0
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00000] in <d57a575dd6be4193a54eb87783bbd39c>:0
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x00031] in <d57a575dd6be4193a54eb87783bbd39c>:0
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart () [0x0000b] in <d57a575dd6be4193a54eb87783bbd39c>:0
-------------------------------
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: !!0 Vintagestory.API.Common.IModLoader.GetModSystem<!0>()
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo,object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters, System.Boolean wrapExceptions) [0x00008] in <d57a575dd6be4193a54eb87783bbd39c>:0
-------------------------------

On 8/14/2021 at 4:19 PM, Hussar said:

Hmm, I'm getting "Cannot place this block here. Requires a solid ground."  Trying to place poop directly to farmland, either planted or unplanted.

This problem seems to have started again in the latest version for 1.15.10. I have tried placing it and picking it up, placing and breaking it, it doesn't show its value for fertilizer, doesn't allow application to tilled soil or planted soil, and doesn't show its value as fertilizer in the handbook.

Just wanted to let you know I really enjoy this mod otherwise and am looking to keep using it on our MP server. I too hope you will update it for 1.16.0

Edited by Peter Sanderson

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 9:45 PM, Peter Sanderson said:

This problem seems to have started again in the latest version for 1.15.10. I have tried placing it and picking it up, placing and breaking it, it doesn't show its value for fertilizer, doesn't allow application to tilled soil or planted soil, and doesn't show its value as fertilizer in the handbook.

Just wanted to let you know I really enjoy this mod otherwise and am looking to keep using it on our MP server. I too hope you will update it for 1.16.0

Jakecool19 is working hard on getting a update out for you lot just be patient

jakecool.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.