Farm Life

jakecool19

I'm not gonna point fingers, but the server I play on has recently gotten so bad that I can barely play when I connect to it, and I've got a pen with about 30-40 animals always hugging the walls for food. I try and play and I just end up teleporting around. Other people haven't had issues as badly as me, and it's not my internet since I was fine when I went to other servers. Maybe it's me, but this has only started happening within the past couple of weeks or so, after we picked up this mod (among some others, to be fair). 

1 hour ago, jakecool19 said:

Ill have to look into that, my mod does nothing related to temporal system and that is not happening with mine, so it might be some type of incompatibility or another mod.

I have the temporal system turned off in this world, it should not have anything to do with it I'd think.  You can tell by the lack of the wheel in my screenshots.

@Lisabet @l33tmaan @jakecool19 @DArkHekRoMaNT

I had the same issue with the animals being glitched, faded out, but it was in VS 1.13 and I had no mods at the time. It happened in a world after exiting the screen several times with alt+tab, going to other screens, and I saved and exited the world, came back later and loaded the world up and it was as it looks on @Lisabet pictures. I tried everything I could think of to fix it, but ended up having to re-create a new world for it to go away.

Edited by pawsbrake

2 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

@jakecool19 we are experiencing a severe drop in performance on our server with many animals starving and trying to get through the wall for food.  Could you solve this somehow?  I think it will be difficult to implement an obstacle check, but at least an increase cooldown before a new search for food, if it is impossible to access it for a long time?

Gloves also work very buggy, especially if the animal is hungry.  Perhaps you should look at an implementation like CarryCapacity?  Mountable is actually not fully implemented and is used only by a static block - a bed.

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

I'm not gonna point fingers, but the server I play on has recently gotten so bad that I can barely play when I connect to it, and I've got a pen with about 30-40 animals always hugging the walls for food. I try and play and I just end up teleporting around. Other people haven't had issues as badly as me, and it's not my internet since I was fine when I went to other servers. Maybe it's me, but this has only started happening within the past couple of weeks or so, after we picked up this mod (among some others, to be fair). 

Thank you guys for bringing this to my attention, the failure system was not working at all. I just released a patch that should make it so that the animals will wait 5 minutes before attempting to get something they previously could not reach and 1 if it is an item.

• Thanks 2

you can put them in meals, depending on the herb it adds healing (I find sage is best) but that's a different mod lol

*edit just for info* sage adds 1.75 health (obviously divided by the amount you eat in a setting) several add 0.75 and some add 0.5

Edited by Lisabet

Released a small patch that should make the animal gloves a bit better visually. Still far from perfect and I need to do more research into a better alternative but this patch should at least stop major visual hiccups. Also to anyone using this mod on multiplayer is it still affecting performance?

5 hours ago, Tech_Rabbit said:

@jakecool19Might be a hard ask but can you make it so animals can't see food past the fence? we have pigs that are sticking to fence corners trying to get berry bushes and such.

I just released a patch that should add a config for the mod after loading it up once. If you enable the setting RestrictPathfinding, it should stop animals from pathing to blocks they do not have a direct line of sight to.

6 hours ago, EreticKB said:

Hi, it's not clear from mod's description: can animals graze or i must manually feed them everytime?

Animals can eat certain items when dropped on the ground, like dry grass and when put into a trough. They will eat certain crops, but they do not eat planted grass if that is what you are asking.

• 1 month later...

Hello @jakecool19,

game crashes with following repport:

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM Version: v1.14.8 (Stable)19.03.2021 19:32:37: Critical error occurred System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. bei Farmlife.EntityBehaviorCarry.GetMountable(IWorldAccessor world, TreeAttribute tree) bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.Initialize(EntityProperties properties, ICoreAPI api, Int64 InChunkIndex3d) bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientSystemEntities.entityFromPacket(_fjrI1GnJsEjAeKDyGGMlSIq0cUA entitypacket, ClientMain game) bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientSystemEntities.createOrUpdateEntityFromPacket(_fjrI1GnJsEjAeKDyGGMlSIq0cUA entitypacket, ClientMain game, Boolean addToLoadQueue) bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientSystemEntities.HandleEntityLoadedPacket(_uQLFO3G34CNPass7LE9Zs5TcuUF serverpacket) bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.ExecuteMainThreadTasks(Single deltaTime) bei _jeEziyUSYl0BpbOxT46FYwj5VWL._t25VgrofhlXMw6hHEZh8JHhJz1A(Single )

i think its your mod. Which datas you need?

6 hours ago, Kiava said:

Hello @jakecool19,

game crashes with following repport:

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM Version: v1.14.8 (Stable)19.03.2021 19:32:37: Critical error occurred System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. bei Farmlife.EntityBehaviorCarry.GetMountable(IWorldAccessor world, TreeAttribute tree) bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.Initialize(EntityProperties properties, ICoreAPI api, Int64 InChunkIndex3d) bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientSystemEntities.entityFromPacket(_fjrI1GnJsEjAeKDyGGMlSIq0cUA entitypacket, ClientMain game) bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientSystemEntities.createOrUpdateEntityFromPacket(_fjrI1GnJsEjAeKDyGGMlSIq0cUA entitypacket, ClientMain game, Boolean addToLoadQueue) bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientSystemEntities.HandleEntityLoadedPacket(_uQLFO3G34CNPass7LE9Zs5TcuUF serverpacket) bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.ExecuteMainThreadTasks(Single deltaTime) bei _jeEziyUSYl0BpbOxT46FYwj5VWL._t25VgrofhlXMw6hHEZh8JHhJz1A(Single )

i think its your mod. Which datas you need?

Just released a quick hotfix for it. 

Animals eating crops and bushes has been removed as it caused a lot of lag and the little bit of immersiveness it added was not worth it. Similarly with the animal gloves they were overhauled so they no longer display the animal you are holding. The mod download has been moved to the mod portal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matthew Espinosa said:

lured a male and female boar into a pen, but the female has been preggers for about 3 in game months.

is that normal? both boars are in good weight throughout the whole time.

That is not normal depending on what you have your days per month set to. It should take 18 days for a sow to give birth. What generation is she? Did she exist before you installed the mod by chance? Is she healthy(does she have full saturation and does not have any warnings like risk of miscarriage.)

10 hours ago, jakecool19 said:

That is not normal depending on what you have your days per month set to. It should take 18 days for a sow to give birth. What generation is she? Did she exist before you installed the mod by chance? Is she healthy(does she have full saturation and does not have any warnings like risk of miscarriage.)

she did exist before i installed the mod, and i think she was pregnant before i had installed this mod.

I lured another female boar to the pen and the new one gave birth to a litter, and you weren't kidding those little buggers can eat.

Great mod, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a bug on multiplayer where you use animal handling glove on a player they die instantly and they respawn and also you have a clone in the animal gloves of the player
when you place them down there is a clone of the player thats alive and can be killed 

can you fix it so it doesn't work on players?
we're stuck with 3 clones of my friend

• Mind=blown 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.