Bees not swarming from hive in the wild

Hovdavic

Version 1.14.2 stable, normal survival mode.  I found a bee hive with poor population high up in a birch tree. I built a platform right next to it, populated it with 6 flowers and an empty skep. The bee population went from poor to large when I checked it after a few days. It said "bees will swarm in approximately 9 days". I came back after 9 days only to find a still empty skep. The hive now indicates "bees with swarm in approximately 10 days." I have checked it every day and it always says they will swarm in 10 days. I just moved the skep from about 4 blocks away to literally right next to the hive. I will check it again in an in-game day or two, but I was wondering if bees not swarming or counting down to swarm is a known thing - intended or otherwise. 

Thanks!

Everything else in the game works fine. This is only an issue with the hive. I found another hive in a different chunk and it behaved as expected so I got a full skep that way, but when I go back to the "stuck" hive it now says 6 days until swarm  - and this 6 months after I set it up to populate the skep. I'm not bothered by it, but I did want to raise it as something that is not quite working correctly. I am playing single player local.

understood. I am just trying to do my part in the early access process - raising the issues as I come across them, then letting the developers decide if they need to be addressed. Also, this post may reflect someone else's experience so it is good to have it documented, even if it isn't "fixed". 

Thanks

• Like 1

I don't know what the trouble is but it seems to be limited to this one hive. Last I checked it had counted down to 3 days until swarm. It's like time is moving REALLY slowly in that one spot or something. I've moved on, long ago, but I just wanted to raise the question. Thanks for chiming in. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.