copygirl

MumbleLink enables positional audio support in the voice chat program Mumble, allowing anyone using the mod in multiplayer and in the same voice channel to hear one another spatially in 3D - meaning you can make out their direction relative to you and, if so configured, hear them quieter depending on how far away they are. The mod is completely client-side, so you can use it on any server you wish.

[ VSModDB ]
[ GitHub Releases ]
Source code and information on how to set it up are also available on GitHub.

Edited by copygirl
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Kai Effelsberg said:

would this be possible for discord?

No. Discord does not offer such an API.

edit: I looked into it a little more more. It looks like it used to be possible with "GameBridge" but that API has been deprecated and the new "Discord GameSDK" does not support anything of that sort anymore. You can vote on and respond to feedback posts such as Feature Request - Positional audio and also Built in Positional Audio for video games to show your interest in that as a feature.

Edited by copygirl

• copygirl changed the title to MumbleLink v1.1.0

Updated the mod so it comes as a .zip file. I didn't realize that, as a .dll, it would cause issues with Windows or anti-virus complaining about it being dangerous and you have to jump through hoops to even get it downloaded to your computer. The install process is the same, however - just place it in your Mods folder.

• copygirl changed the title to MumbleLink v1.1.2

I love this mod but I can't for the life of me get it to work. I assume it's user error but I followed your instructions exactly.

The only thing I could think that is preventing it from working is that I am using a temporary free server for mumble since I obviously don't have one of my own. It works the same as normal servers, though so I don't know.

The log in Mumble never says that it's connected to Vintage Story.

@Hrafn RuneMake sure the mod is actually loaded when you start into a world. You can do this in singleplayer too. Check your "client-main.txt" and search for "MumbleLinkSystem". Note that it will not attempt to connect to Mumble unless you're on a multiplayer server, though. Other than that, as long as "Link to Game and Transmit Position" is on and the Link plugin is enabled in Mumble, it should at least connect. I made sure it works on Arch Linux and Nikky tested it on Windows 10.

2 hours ago, Hrafn Rune said:

Ah, I think I might know what the issue is then. The mod is loaded. Certain of that. But its a LAN world.

Ah okay. For some reason when I looked into the the IsSinglePlayer flag, I thought it would get updated when you open your world up to the outside. There's actually two other flags OpenedToLan and OpenedToInternet but they're not exposed by the API, so I would have to find a workaround. For now though: Yes, it will only work when you connect to a multiplayer server.

• 2 months later...
On 1/31/2021 at 5:25 AM, copygirl said:

Ah okay. For some reason when I looked into the the IsSinglePlayer flag, I thought it would get updated when you open your world up to the outside. There's actually two other flags OpenedToLan and OpenedToInternet but they're not exposed by the API, so I would have to find a workaround. For now though: Yes, it will only work when you connect to a multiplayer server.

There should be a way for you to peek at these hidden properties via reflection, no?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • copygirl changed the title to MumbleLink v1.2.0
  • 10 months later...

@camaron bravo Last time I looked into updating MumbleLink, certain properties in the API that it relied on were moved where I could not find them, or removed outright - as far as I could see. Therefore it was not possible for me to update it, without relying on some black magic shenanigans (reflection) to find the internal values I'm looking for, which I wanted to avoid. (See also this issue.)

As I've abandoned Vintage Story modding, someone else will have to take over the mod if they want to see it continued.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.