Teleportation Network

DArkHekRoMaNT

Reimagined teleportation system

Will spawn broken teleport structures ~ every 4000 blocks. You can repair the structure with a temporal gear, then teleport from it to any other structure you activate. By default, the structure needs to be repaired only once, but to use it you need to walk to it once with your feet (and open the teleport dialog). The structure does not break, so you cannot move the teleport. Both of these items can be toggled in the config or with /tpnetconfig (on servers requires a reboot of the world)

There are also a few additional commands

• /rndtp [range] teleports to a random point within range (or anywhere on the map, if not specified). Might kill, so be careful  (fixed in v1.4.0)
  • /tpimp list - shows a list of available teleport structures
    /tpimp paste <name> - will spawn the teleport structure with the given name under the player.
  • /tpnetconfig - change the mod config (on servers requires a reboot of the world)
  • .tpdlg - opens the teleport dialog, only in creative

Preview

Spoiler

Download: ModDB or GitHub

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT
  • Like 5
  • Cookie time 1

On 1/8/2021 at 7:29 AM, eborg said:

If you have already started a world and want to add a teleporter how do you add one?

game 1.15+: /tpimp paste common

/tpimp paste normal
Will generate a structure below you (it is better to stand a couple of blocks higher, otherwise most of the structure will be underground). The teleport, like the merchant, in the new world always appears next to the spawn, so at least there you should set it manually. They will also start spawning in not yet generated chunks.

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT
update command for new version

12 hours ago, eborg said:

I am just playing single player. It spawned correctly in a new chunk. Working as expected. It would be nice if there was some in game way to see how to fix the broken ones. Also to rename them. Thanks for a great mod.

How to fix is shown in the usage tip when hovering over the teleport (central block). Also I plan to add the renaming in new versions.

@DArkHekRoMaNT Server wise, I am seeing this ping in the server log when tossing the gear into place, though it has nothing in the tooltip as to what to do with the teleporter, nor does it's name change:

[Server Notification] [tpnet] Added teleport Blancathey at 499707, 116, 499328 to teleports list

Sadly, the teleports do not register to a given player either, either spawned or found. Anything else I can do to help make this work serverside, please let me know!

Edited by Malicante

5 hours ago, Malicante said:

Updated to 1.0.1, destroyed and replace the teleport blocks, but nothing has changed, at least on the client side. Looking at the server log has a few tidbits, I'll leave a copy of said log for you to peruse in case I'm blind to something important.

Server log since 1.0.1 restart.txt 12.28 kB · 1 download

I have fixed the main error due to which teleports were not saved, it is not clear what else could be the reason. Apparently I will have to at least use a dedicate server for full debugging of teleports :(

(And they were not saved even in the single, unless they were manually placed. It's strange if this worked.)

Single player seems to be working perfectly with the rename and warping about, multiplayer is throwing two different crashes, error logs both attached. Renaming instantly crashes you to Desktop, while standing in the center of the ring only crashes you a quarter of a second after the teleport menu comes up, saying no available points found.

Thanks for your hard work!

Rename teleporter crash.txt teleport menu crash.txt

• Wolf Bait 1

v1.1.0: 

• Fixed sync (teleports didn't work on servers).
  • Teleport name is now shown in its block help

The system for storing and synchronizing the list of teleports has been completely redesigned. There may be problems in existing worlds, at least all teleports will need to be reactivated (just stand on them).

Also using /tpnetconfig on servers requires the world reboot 🙁

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT
  • Thanks 1

• DArkHekRoMaNT changed the title to Teleportation Network v1.1

Just tested your newest version, and after smashing and replacing the teleport block, it is working excellently!

EDIT @3:28 PM:  I appear to have spoken too soon, a small issue with renaming teleports has popped up in multiplayer. You can rename them but the name resets when you go to teleport at any teleport node. Outside of that, still working amazingly and the folks on the small server I am running thank you for such a nice looking and easy to use mod!

EDIT 2 @8:02 PM: Another fun bug decided to rear its head after trekking around for a while: The teleporter list wipes itself clean, upon committing aliven't and returning home, it appears the teleporter network renames each teleporter after X amount of time passes. Also Temporal storms seem to knock your network out

Edited by Malicante
Spoke too soon, found sm--2 bugs
  • Amazing! 1

I expected that, to be honest, but not that they'd keep changing their names even without said storms (Though again, probably should have since they run off of Time and not Darkness or Sky, hehehe). I guess I more thought that the storms would less disable and would more "scramble" your network, shuffling around what teleporter was named what until you messed with them or some such thing akin to Temporal maint work.

• DArkHekRoMaNT changed the title to Teleportation Network v1.1.1
  • 2 weeks later...

We are using this on our server and it seems that any teleporter that I spawn in using /tpimp paste normal cant be connected to the network. You can use it to teleport to the generated ones that we have activated but its a one way trip. Also im not sure the unbreakable config command is working as the blocks seem to be invulnerable no matter what.

• DArkHekRoMaNT changed the title to Teleportation Network v1.1.2
On 1/22/2021 at 11:28 PM, Nozarati said:

We are using this on our server and it seems that any teleporter that I spawn in using /tpimp paste normal cant be connected to the network. You can use it to teleport to the generated ones that we have activated but its a one way trip. Also im not sure the unbreakable config command is working as the blocks seem to be invulnerable no matter what.

It's strange. Have you been using version 1.1.1? I tested this in a test multiplayer and on the server where I am currently playing. Everything works fine.
I also checked unbreakable - it works. Have you rebooted the world after using the command?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.