Teleportation Network

DArkHekRoMaNT

58 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Does one of these always generate close to spawn or have I just gotten really, really lucky with my last couple of worlds?

The network uses a vanilla generating system like traders. They have a minimum distance between structures from a group of 600 blocks, but a teleports - 4000. At the same time, the chance of spawning is 100 times higher. If a teleport can spawn, it spawns as soon as you move 4000 blocks away from another. And since the first generated chunks are around the spawn, there will always be the first teleport and the first trader nearby.

• Like 2

• DArkHekRoMaNT changed the title to Teleportation Network v1.1.3
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • DArkHekRoMaNT changed the title to Teleportation Network
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

v1.3.0:
- New teleport model
- You can be change the teleport frame (base texture) to any block with DrawingType is Cube (RMB + Shift with a block)
- Fixed animation glitch (more animation frames and EraseIn/OutSpeed)
- Using remainingResistance = 1 instead of 9999 durability to prevent break in unbrekable mode
- A few more simple changes and refactoring

• Like 1

v1.4.0:
- Fixed killing behavior of rndtp command
- Added stability consumption (default 10%) for teleport
- Added unstable teleport behavior if there is a temporal storm or low player stability
- Added a global cooldown for teleporting a player (default 5 seconds).
- Improved lang strings
- Moved block broken behavior from BE class to block class

On 8/27/2021 at 10:03 PM, Thomas said:

Nice Mod, but buggy, The teleporters are mostly unevenly distributed and there is usually an area with 40 to 100 teleporters next to each other.

How do you do it? I saw screenshots of this in the discord, but I don't understand how it happened. I sometimes reduce the minimum distance between teleports for debugging, but I even checked the last one and a couple of versions before it - everything is fine with the settings. Which version did you use?

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2021 at 7:44 PM, Travis Pluid said:

Did you forget to add the Metal Parts first?

On 10/6/2021 at 7:44 PM, Travis Pluid said:

Did you forget to add the Metal Parts first?

Neither in the description of the mod nor in the game, they are not mentioned, so I did not use them. There is only information about the use of temporal gears

1 hour ago, Travis Pluid said:

It's a Vanilla thing- you need the Metal Parts you get every now and then by breaking scrap piles. The ones that look like two metal cogs on a shaft.

I know how they look like and how and how many of then I have to use to fix the translocator, but you didn't include this information in your mod description (mean the player has to use them, and how many of them to fix teleport)

1 minute ago, Draaven1 said:

I know how they look like and how and how many of then I have to use to fix the translocator, but you didn't include this information in your mod description (mean the player has to use them, and how many of them to fix teleport)

That is because he is not the mod creator (neither am I just to avoid misunderstandings). The teleporter only needs a temporal gear to fix as I just did not 10 minutes ago. I have not checked if there is a config for more expensive teleporter repair that would explain something like that.

• 4 weeks later...

So I spawned a teleport structure in my base as I started the world before I added the mod, and I can't figure out how to fix it. I saw upthread that it should be telling me when I look at the central block, but all it does is list it as "Broken Teleporter", and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to fix it.

6 hours ago, Katlamos said:

So I spawned a teleport structure in my base as I started the world before I added the mod, and I can't figure out how to fix it. I saw upthread that it should be telling me when I look at the central block, but all it does is list it as "Broken Teleporter", and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to fix it.

Have you deactivated the tooltips that tell you things like using a knife to gather grass, or what you can put inside a bloomery? because it is one such tooltip that tells you how to do it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 10:03 PM, Thomas said:

Nice Mod, but buggy, The teleporters are mostly unevenly distributed and there is usually an area with 40 to 100 teleporters next to each other.

I got simular problem on the 1.15.7 server with more teleports too. It is strange and very difficult to track down bug. I think I will rewrite the mod with a custom spawn system instead of a vanilla one soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.