Teleportation Network

DArkHekRoMaNT

• 1 month later...

Testing this in 1.16.1 just wanted to see if this is intended behaviour and I am simply doing something wrong. Teleport temple was near worldspawn at the start. It offers "repair" or "change frame" but attempts to shift click an object into the frame do nothing, and attempts to repair by right clicking with a temp gear just set spawnpoints

2022-01-26_09-25-54.thumb.png.82475a6cb2a9854b7d7c031a4414d524.png

12 minutes ago, Peter Sanderson said:

Testing this in 1.16.1 just wanted to see if this is intended behaviour and I am simply doing something wrong. Teleport temple was near worldspawn at the start. It offers "repair" or "change frame" but attempts to shift click an object into the frame do nothing, and attempts to repair by right clicking with a temp gear just set spawnpoints

2022-01-26_09-25-54.thumb.png.82475a6cb2a9854b7d7c031a4414d524.png

Did you launch the world without a mod? Looks like it doesn't have BE. Just replace it in creative

BE?

Sorry not familiar with the acronym. I'll probably kick myself when you say what it is 😄

Breaking and replacing the block with creative mode repaired it. If the problem emerges again when I generate a new world with the current modpack I will let you know and send the logs.

Edited by Peter Sanderson

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Ikirou said:

Got somehow yesterday  problems with chunks which i repaired but there are now about 10-20 not discovered Teleports all nearly on one place

How can i get rid of them ? they are not in World anymore but still show up in tp network

Try to place teleport in the same place and break it in the creative

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to clear out the tp list for a world? I just did a wgen regen of my world (since it was from 1.14) and aside from my base and a few other big projects I'd built, I didn't save any other structures and their teleporters. Is there a way to clear out the list so when I find new ones I can just have those instead?

1 hour ago, Katlamos said:

Is there a way to clear out the tp list for a world? I just did a wgen regen of my world (since it was from 1.14) and aside from my base and a few other big projects I'd built, I didn't save any other structures and their teleporters. Is there a way to clear out the list so when I find new ones I can just have those instead?

You can use .tpdlg in creative, teleport to unnecessary points and place-break a teleport block there

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2022 at 9:06 AM, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

You can use .tpdlg in creative, teleport to unnecessary points and place-break a teleport block there

Unless I'm doing something wrong, that doesn't seem to be working. All it seems to do is add a new item to the .tpdlg list, and then when I break that teleport, it removes the new entry.

Is the information for the list stored in a file somewhere that I can manually edit?

7 hours ago, Katlamos said:

Unless I'm doing something wrong, that doesn't seem to be working. All it seems to do is add a new item to the .tpdlg list, and then when I break that teleport, it removes the new entry.

Is the information for the list stored in a file somewhere that I can manually edit?

Try place it above/below this block. If a new one appears, then you did not hit to it. Teleports are stored in a dictionary with a unique key - the position of the block. They must not be duplicated

And you cannot change it manually, because it is stored in save

v1.6.0:
- Completely rewritten teleport network system
- Improved render and particles
- Fixed /tpimp command
- Added claim check for rename dialog
- Added legacy data loader for old worlds (but it is recommended to make a backup before loading)

Dev
- Changed IDE from VSCode to VisualStudio
- Enabled new csharp features
- Refactoring

New SubNetwork behavior
Activated teleporters now create subnets. That is you cannot just tp from one teleport to another if there are no other teleports (activated by you) between. By default, when a teleport is activated, its neighbors are detected at Manhattan distance of 10k blocks (may be change in the config). In the future, it is planned to add visualization of networks on the map and change the teleports world gen.
Experimental feature, can be disabled in the config by setting SubNetworks: false (true by default)

Hello!
Thanks for the good mod. And not only for this one.
I've been using this mod for a long time now. I don't know how to play without it anymore. But.
In my existing world, after updating mod 1.6.0, there was a problem with the teleport network.
When I get on the teleport, I see a list of my teleports, but they are not available for the transition.
I understand that the problems with the subnet. I'm leaving the game. I change the parameter to use a subnet in the settings to false.
I load the world and see an empty list of available teleports.
How to restore the teleport network in the existing world?
What should be the algorithm of actions for the network to work?
Tell me please.
Thank you!
Peace to you!

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 1:23 PM, OtshelNik said:

Hello!
Thanks for the good mod. And not only for this one.
I've been using this mod for a long time now. I don't know how to play without it anymore. But.
In my existing world, after updating mod 1.6.0, there was a problem with the teleport network.
When I get on the teleport, I see a list of my teleports, but they are not available for the transition.
I understand that the problems with the subnet. I'm leaving the game. I change the parameter to use a subnet in the settings to false.
I load the world and see an empty list of available teleports.
How to restore the teleport network in the existing world?
What should be the algorithm of actions for the network to work?
Tell me please.
Thank you!
Peace to you!

Does the .tpdlg command in the creative mode also show an empty list? Unfortunately there is no way to delete/restore the list of teleporters. Reloading a chunk of each teleporter or manually replacing them in the creative can help

On 6/19/2022 at 7:46 AM, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

Does the .tpdlg command in the creative mode also show an empty list? Unfortunately there is no way to delete/restore the list of teleporters. Reloading a chunk of each teleporter or manually replacing them in the creative can help

Restoring helps, but not for long. Realoding the game, or even moving away and back breaks the network.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 5:38 PM, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

Okay, I'll add

ok, so would you be able to use padlock, to lock teleporters.... Also!!

are you able to apply a character limit to renaming a teleporter?
someone pasted the Bee movie script into the teleport and this was the result... it would drop players to 0 FPS and was not useable. we had to destroy it using creative mode.
image.thumb.png.9f20dd78572bce273432e6943f8b9146.png

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm having a problem using /tpimp paste. I use the list to get the names, type /tpimp paste normal (or whichever one I try) and it tells me that it can't import because the filepath is missing. Only thing I can find myself is that the filepath it gives ends in "TeleportationNetwork_v1.16" and the actual file there is "TeleportationNetwork_v1.16.5_v1.6.0.zip_6fbc17aa98f6"

I'd be happy to hear this is an ID-10.T error, but I can't seem to place a teleport via command. 

Side report, I couldn't get two teleports about 4K blocks apart to connect to each other or keep their names. I palced a new one halfway via creative and it would only connect to one or the other, depending on my last teleport, but smashing and remaking them all a couple times seems to have fixed it inexplicably. No temporal storms on the local-only server, and server is only a  week old and all game and mod files are up to date.

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure if I misunderstand something but the teleporter(s) are not working for me.

Found one at starting point, added a gear.

Fund some minutes ago another one. Added a gear to that one aswell.

Sigils starts to glow, but the only name that shows up is the name of the telepoter I am standing in.

Version used is 1.16.5

2022-09-04_13-26-18.png

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.