Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

Mk. I'm trying to wrap my head around this. I guess lump of fat, is more or less regulated to sealing crocks, and making oil lamps--which works fine as vanilla, despite the guide saying otherwise?

Where "Lump of fat" shows up as usable, it doesn't seem to work, for instance making the wooden axel, Copper Hammer, Copper Chisel, Pine, and 

I have. TWO Mixing tables listed, one is a normal wooden table, another is a aged wooden table.... When I click on the normal one, I get legit reading recipes, buuuut the Aged one? The Axel recipe doesn't show FAT as a option? O.o I just spend a damn hour banging my head wondering WHY I can't make a bloody axel! ugh.

Awesome mod though, haven't tossed in your fixes since update to .9 yet. Just read em lol.

Edited by JohnMidnight

I only added recipes, I didn't touch the original ones at all. I'm still able to make mechanical parts with fat. Now, it can be a pain when reading the handbook because it randomly moves between possible permutations, but you should still be able to use fat in their original places, where the bucket is.

2 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

No, that would be pretty horrible.

OK, so how do I use it manually?  I've put some meat cubes and fat into the upper slots (6 pieces each) to make sausage but I have no idea what to do next.  Do I need to put something into one of the bottom two slots?

Nah, the bottom left slot is only for placing cooking pots in. Right now you can only make salads with it. The bottom right slot is the output slot. You probably have them in the incorrect order. 6 meat nuggets in the first slot and 6 balls of fat in the second will let you make sausage. Just right click it.

9 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Nah, the bottom left slot is only for placing cooking pots in. Right now you can only make salads with it. The bottom right slot is the output slot. You probably have them in the incorrect order. 6 meat nuggets in the first slot and 6 balls of fat in the second will let you make sausage. Just right click it.

Right click what?  I've clicked on every part of the mixing bowl GUI and nothing happens.

image.thumb.png.f876cc802d894b61939aed7405def2c0.png

44 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

You right click on the mixing bowl, it works just like a quern. Sometimes the output display is wonky and won't tell you that you can make something, but removing it from the slot and putting it back in fixes that.

Sorry, but it's not working at all.  I keep removing the items from the slots and replacing them.  Right clicking on the mixing bowl only opens up the gui but nothing else happens.

Hi!

I have a little problem. I see in my handbook these recipes to make candles without wax. (see the screenshot) It uses bottles, resin, ropes and peat.

Since the recipe uses bottles I think it comes from your mod.

I can't make any candle at all with this recipe! (I tried with ceramic bottles and also with buckets) Do I need a workbench or something else to make a candle ? Or is this a bug ? Or maybe a conflict with another mod ?

2021-05-16_20-01-14 (2).png

Edited by Cendar

12 minutes ago, Cendar said:

Hi!

I have a little problem. I see in my handbook these recipes to make candles without wax. (see the screenshot) It uses bottles, resin, ropes and peat.

Since the recipe uses bottles I think it comes from your mod.

I can't make any candle at all with this recipe! (I tried with ceramic bottles and also with buckets) Do I need a workbench or something else to make a candle ? Or is this a bug ? Or maybe a conflict with another mod ?

2021-05-16_20-01-14 (2).png

there's actually another soybean oil from the mod that makes those candles.  use a hammer on a soybean to get 3 soybean oil (this is not the oil you can use in cooking afaik)  I think that the expanded foods oil accidently ended up on that recipe when the recipe is specific to the resin mod.  This candle recipe is from this mod: https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/133

Edited by Lisabet
  • Thanks 1

That is strange if you don't have the resin mod lol; it is a useful one to have though. Possibly when l33tmaan was updating his to add oil he accidently used this recipe as if it was a vanilla one? (assuming he has the resin mod :P )

*edit* I would suggest panning some of the bony soil you find at ruins; there's a decent chance of getting candles from panning bony soil :) 

Edited by Lisabet

1 hour ago, Lisabet said:

*edit* I would suggest panning some of the bony soil you find at ruins; there's a decent chance of getting candles from panning bony soil :) 

Thanks, I know, I already found some in my panning activities :)  I just wanted to point out the probable recipe problem/bug to the modder.

Now I need to find some bees and/or install the resin mod, lol.

6 hours ago, James Berkheimer said:

Sorry, but it's not working at all.  I keep removing the items from the slots and replacing them.  Right clicking on the mixing bowl only opens up the gui but nothing else happens.

Try holding right click down, dude.

5 hours ago, Lisabet said:

That is strange if you don't have the resin mod lol; it is a useful one to have though. Possibly when l33tmaan was updating his to add oil he accidently used this recipe as if it was a vanilla one? (assuming he has the resin mod :P )

I actually asked Jobediah for permission to copy his recipes and substitute my food oil for his soybean oil. One issue with vanilla VS is that the recipes in the handbook don't show what liquids you need in containers. You wouldn't have any idea that you need water in a bucket in order to make bread if that wasn't already extremely obvious. That's why I wrote what liquids you need in the handbook guides.

• Like 1

@l33tmaan OK so I tried again and I'm getting the same issues.  Holding down right click isn't making the mixer work.  I don't know why it worked that one time this afternoon.  But I've restarted several times, added/replaced the meat and fat, and held down the right mouse button for several seconds.  So I would say that this is definitely buggy.  Let me know if there's any info you need to help debug this.

Edited by James Berkheimer

It's not buggy in that regard. You can hold right click on the bowl, you can hold right click on the table. Unless you have some weird mod that I don't, you should be able to hold right click to use the mixer once you have the proper recipes made. Are you only having this problem with sausage, or everything?

Edited by l33tmaan

2 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

It's not buggy in that regard. You can hold right click on the bowl, you can hold right click on the table. Unless you have some weird mod that I don't, you should be able to hold right click to use the mixer once you have the proper recipes made. Are you only having this problem with sausage, or everything?

OK I tried it with making bread and it worked consistantly.  But the sausage is still giving me issues.  I am using 6 units of "raw aged bushmeat cubes" and 6 units of fat.  I'm not really sure why it worked that one time.  Maybe it's the meat?

10 hours ago, Lisabet said:

are you holding the mouse down on the bowl up top, or on the table below the bowl? try holding right click on the table

Tried holding it in all locations.  Seems it might be the recipe I'm trying to use.

1 hour ago, James Berkheimer said:

OK I tried it with making bread and it worked consistantly.  But the sausage is still giving me issues.  I am using 6 units of "raw aged bushmeat cubes" and 6 units of fat.  I'm not really sure why it worked that one time.  Maybe it's the meat?

Tried holding it in all locations.  Seems it might be the recipe I'm trying to use.

There we go. You're trying to double dip. You can't use aged meat to make sausage, since you would be able to age it twice for sausage links with 1500+ protein.

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

There we go. You're trying to double dip. You can't use aged meat to make sausage, since you would be able to age it twice for sausage links with 1500+ protein.

Ooooh!  OK.  Makes sense, because when I tried it successfully I didn't have any aged meat around so I chopped up a regular piece of meat.  I'm an idiot.

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.