Expanded Foods 1.6.8

l33tmaan

So I'm still on 1.3.11 but I have found a  weird bug!

If I make a soybean salad I cannot place the cooking pot on the ground; I get a client crash. Just today I came back from the crash and the cooking pot WAS on the ground as it should be... BUT it had duped! I also had the original in my inventory but the food that comes out of the glitched ground crock (has a pure soybeans texture, not the full multi-colored texture of the 'real' meal pot) gives nothing when you eat it, so it's like... weird ghost food. Fun times.

That said, I've been getting around this glitch by putting the cooking pot full of soybean salad on an unlit campfire (which shows the normal lidded-pot texture) and clicking THAT with crocks to store my salad for eating. This works fine. BUT today I discovered something hilarious; while putting the food into a crock causes normal behavior putting it into a bowl directly from the pot in on the campfire causes this:
image.png.2a5de4e99f75c635ea5cff43d289bed7.png

The weird No-soybean-salads-on-the-ground issue has always happened even with different ingredients; the only thing I consistently add to all my salads is fish sauce.

Anyway, I'll update to 1.3.13 later tonight and update my bug info, but this was just too funny not to share.

Edited by Jessica O.
  • Confused 1

OK I updated and re-tested. The bugs persist; this time I have the crash log from trying to place the salad on the ground:

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM 
Version: v1.14.10 (Stable)6/9/2021 3:16:25 PM: Critical error occurred
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: slotId
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryGeneric.get_Item(Int32 slotId)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityCookedContainer.OnBlockPlaced(ItemStack byItemStack)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientWorldMap.SpawnBlockEntity(String classname, BlockPos position, ItemStack byItemStack)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.OnBlockPlaced(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos blockPos, ItemStack byItemStack)
   at Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorRelaxed.SetBlock(Int32 blockId, BlockPos pos, ItemStack byItemstack)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.DoPlaceBlock(IWorldAccessor world, IPlayer byPlayer, BlockSelection blockSel, ItemStack byItemStack)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.TryPlaceBlock(IWorldAccessor world, IPlayer byPlayer, ItemStack itemstack, BlockSelection blockSel, String& failureCode)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnPlayerTryPlace(BlockSelection blockSelection, String& failureCode)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnBlockBuild(BlockSelection blockSelection, Block onBlock, String& failureCode)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsBlockSelected(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _vKnDSS3ZW5fZhqcIJSzL9xbAUttA._ZHf5IMlYChPlSKBWZX1ph2DB6EP(Single )
   at _w1hCRzQiukKlSxBw6hggDUXQ0jC._3HP2xkrryy8Ktr1q1yqHHv9s1kb(Single )
   at _w1hCRzQiukKlSxBw6hggDUXQ0jC._JbXJA0SA6LQOS6diuqtXAjMb8Fo(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _ISiSTzGmXXpAqo3PzdxdVD1bClZ._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(_C7CLMRbe3BejVtaARYCgl7Bg1vl , String[] )
   at _0Y0SN1uu1V65pRLxvnN2xsIjXAg._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 5/15/2021 11:05:38 PM, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Vintagestory.exe
P2: 1.14.10.0
P3: 10.0.19042.2.0.0
P4: 
P5: 
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\Users\osioj\AppData\Local\Temp\RDR445D.tmp\empty.txt
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER445E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER446F.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER447C.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER449D.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 39efeecf-43a5-4a68-9ecb-382274f7380d
Report Status: 536871008
Hashed bucket: 
Cab Guid: 0 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 4/19/2021 5:28:56 PM, Site = , Source = Application Hang, Message = The program Vintagestory.exe version 1.14.8.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 419c

Start Time: 01d73562bbfdd69e

Termination Time: 2

Application Path: C:\Users\osioj\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe

Report Id: a1955bd5-a721-492d-985d-bf60eec33831

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Hang type: Unknown
 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 4/19/2021 5:28:54 PM, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket 1335386773510986484, type 5
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Vintagestory.exe
P2: 1.14.8.0
P3: 6033ac5b
P4: e41a
P5: 134217728
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERCF28.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERCF38.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERCF37.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERCF58.tmp.txt
\\?\C:\Users\osioj\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDBFB.tmp.appcompat.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_Vintagestory.exe_5b9c5cb01f86fdf96e35c670c76159a273f8c214_4fd6768e_11899734-b9b5-407b-8064-485bb54acebc

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: a1955bd5-a721-492d-985d-bf60eec33831
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: f2891e3570f514e782883f3200e09af4
Cab Guid: 0 }

Aside from that, I put the cooking pot full of salad onto a campfire, and drew out one serving with a bowl and one with a crock. the one drew out from the bowl got that weirdly multiplied nutritional bonus, though not as severe this time. Though it's not quite as dramatic as before it might be a little different because the ingredients weren't in the same order? (It used to be soybean-mushrooms-nuggets, but this time it was soybeans-Nuggets-Mushrooms, so the food wasn't technically identical.)
image.png.e46d1d68fee9c19a5c12ca44aa8c6b22.pngimage.png.96a35005cd75d49a152e3ec6a747a618.png

Edited by Jessica O.
  • Confused 1

@l33tmaan Is lard part of your mod?  I'm still trying to figure out how to make candles.  The Handbooks says "one handful of fat in the saucepan".  If it is then I'm having trouble rendering the fat into lard.  I made a saucepan but nothing happens when I put fat into it.

Edit:

Huh, so the old "3 wax" recipe still works.

Edited by JamesB

Ran into the same problem that Cryorus The Dragon had back on page 12  (April) and on with Maple Syrup. Shows it's ready to cook but the temp stays cold.

• Tried every permutation for placement I could think of and from posts in the thread (sap pieces spot 1 only, then spot 2 only, and so on for 3 & 4, you name it)
  • Fresh portions from tree in a bucket
  • Fresh portions from a tree in a sauce pan
  • fresh bucket and sauce pans with fresh maple sap in creative
  • new fireplace
  • new fuel
  • Tested with Birch sap under same conditions. 

Nothin seems to be workin at all and it's rather baffling.

Game version is 1.14.10

Mod version is 1.3.13

Spoiler

sap.PNG

Edited by DDoip
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, DDoip said:

Ran into the same problem that Cryorus The Dragon had back on page 12  (April) and on with Maple Syrup. Shows it's ready to cook but the temp stays cold.

I think this one's on our end - I can't make sap anymore either. I can if I go back to 1.3.12, though... must've been something in the code update.

I'm also having some weirdness with making lard. However, placing a different saucepan and a different chunk of fat seems to fix it?

Edited by l33tmaan
  • Thanks 1

I got to wondering, purely idle spitballing here.

Is there any way to increase or lower a player's body temperature with foods or drinks to offset seasonal/biome temperature extremes? Tagging on that line of thought if there is, perhaps a way to keep hot food and drink warm in a bottle to heat up on the go when out choppin wood or hunting; likewise chilled for summer or hot biomes. Would be an interesting way to give foods another option beyond fulfilling hunger and supplementary first aid snacks.

(or hot cocoa, would give chocolate a secondary use as an ingredient for things like Halva, eh eh eh?)

Edited by DDoip
  • Like 1

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.3.14

Hey a few things.

1. How do you make soup?  I made carrot juice but thought I could drink it.  Says it's used for soup.
  2. Is it possible to make it so we can use a hammer to make flattened meat?
  3. I was getting the stone slab, meat bug I saw mentioned above.

7 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

You can drink carrot juice. Soup is a vanilla game meal, just throw vegetables and juice in a cooking pot.
You can already use a hammer to smash meat.
I... don't know what's up with that bug yet. 😟

So can you drink from the bottles?

And sweet!  I guess the last time I tried I did something wrong with the hammer.

1 minute ago, l33tmaan said:

Yes. The bottles are a bit weird, you can't be looking at anything in order to drink from them. They operate sort of like the Carry Capacity mod.

I think you have to have the hammer above the meat, specifically?

Yup, you're right.  Looking at the sky allowed me to drink.  Good to know.

And yes, the hammer above the meat.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.