Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

I'd like to clutter up the handbook less, but I don't know what you mean by making similar stuff into a few recipes. I already try and keep things as slim as I can. Is there a good way to set it up so a bunch of the variants aren't visible in the handbook, but they can still be made? 🤔

I would have made all the breads with the same nutrition value give the same final product, to reduce the number of items. Maybe some people wouldn't like their blueberry bread to give bread with red spots, but it would mean fewer recipes in the handbook.

your fix for the memory leak in multiplayer...is that supposed to fix the lag issues in singleplayer too? I'm still experiencing issues when I try to make things like cobblestones where I spread the rocks around the outer 8 squares in the crafting window.  sometimes they just lag while I'm spreading them and sometimes they don't spread at all (the click and drag to fill multiple blocks from the same stack)

There seems to be an Compatibilityproblem with the primitive Survival mod.

I wanted to make some meat nuggets but am using the other mod too. Primitive survival adds Meat jerky which got the same crafting recipe (Combining knive with meat). No matter how i arrange  the knive and the meat i always get jerky but am not able to make meat nuggets.

3 hours ago, Soumagnei said:

Hi!

Thank you very much for this mod!

By any chance, are you planning to add any alcohol and brewing mechanics? That would be super cool!

No, I'm pretty sure the base game is going to get around to it eventually. I'm probably going to add fruit wine in the future, but that just involves leaving a bottle of juice sitting around. It's not hard stuff.

19 minutes ago, Scout said:

There seems to be an Compatibilityproblem with the primitive Survival mod.

I wanted to make some meat nuggets but am using the other mod too. Primitive survival adds Meat jerky which got the same crafting recipe (Combining knive with meat). No matter how i arrange  the knive and the meat i always get jerky but am not able to make meat nuggets.

That's because you have to smash the meat to tenderize it before you can chop it into nuggets.

Edited by l33tmaan

Need to ask you another question: How do i make sausage? I cant find any information in the handbook besides: Combine one fat with one meat nugget. But if i do so in the crafting grid nothing happens.

What am i doing wrong?

Also: How do i get the liquid from the screw press? Rightclicking with an empty bottle does not work for me.

Edited by Scout

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.3.4

Updated to 1.3.4!

• Saucepan revamped - now capable of turning liquids into solids, and vice versa
  • Bone broth added - can be used in stews
  • Fried veggies added - can be added to salads as optional veggies
  • Fruit juice turns into wine, which can be sealed into a barrel to make vinegar or used in meat stews
  • Mixing bowl can be locked with CTRL + Shift
  • Vinegar is now 0.25 liters per portion instead of 1
  • Daisies are visible in salads and give proper nutrition boosts
  • Fried/cooked meat is actually visible in salads (oops!)!
  • Liquids rot properly
  • Bottles & liquids given item descriptions
  • Like 1

Found some bugs:

1) The game crashes if you accidentally right-click on screwpress with an item that can't be pressed.

2) Trying to open GUI of a barrel with oil in it also causes game to crash.

3) When cooking in a pot, temperature never raises higher than 200, so the food cooks awfully slow.

4) Some new foods refuse to stack in output slot of a firepit, so you need to constantly remove cooked food items to sustain the process.

5) Birch sap just EVAPORATES from sausepans.

#3 has been ongoing for quite some time, I don't remember when it went above 200 actually

#4 I've reported here myself a couple times; bread/grain based stuff definitely does that and I think a few other items

kinda glad I kept my oils in bottles lol, good to know about that bug ahead of time for me

1 hour ago, Ledyanaya Sonya said:

Found some bugs:

1) The game crashes if you accidentally right-click on screwpress with an item that can't be pressed.

Spoiler

Change ExpandedFoods.BEScrewPress.TryAdd

from

bool flag2 = !slot.Itemstack.ItemAttributes["squeezeInto"].Exists;
if (flag2)
{
  // no squeezing...
}
else
{
  // do the squeeze...
}

to

bool canSqueeze= slot.Itemstack?.ItemAttributes["squeezeInto"]?.Exists == true;
if (!canSqueeze)
{
// no squeezing...
}
else
{
// do the squeeze...
}

Also: Maybe create a dedicated issue tracker on github/lab/etc ;)

Edited by DoctorVanGogh
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ledyanaya Sonya said:

Found some bugs:

2) Trying to open GUI of a barrel with oil in it also causes game to crash.

3) When cooking in a pot, temperature never raises higher than 200, so the food cooks awfully slow.

4) Some new foods refuse to stack in output slot of a firepit, so you need to constantly remove cooked food items to sustain the process.

5) Birch sap just EVAPORATES from sausepans.

2, 3, and 4 have already been fixed in previous hotfixes, are you still experiencing that on 1.3.4? Have a hotfix coming for 1. Can you explain in more detail about the birch sap evaporating please?

Edited by jakecool19

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.