Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

Not sure what is causing it, but the current PS version has extremely bothering flickering of the GUI when mousing over or shift-clicking items from this mod in the crafting grid or in the guide recipe grids.

Additionally I'm suggesting that dumplings with meat/fowl/fish or veggies in them be able to be used as primary ingredients. I'm adding eggs and flour and taking extra time to make the dumplings instead of just dumping the individual ingredient into a stew...i should be able to use them as primary ingredients. To me it just makes sense.

I... am not actually sure what's going on with the flickering either. I'm hoping that's happened to someone else and they know how to fix it, because I'm not sure how I managed to do that.

Dumplings actually can be used as primary ingredients, but only for soup. And now that I'm looking at the code, I'm noticing some errors, so... hang on for a bit and you'll be able to put 3 of any kind of dumpling into soups. I figured it would be easier to have soup be the main dumpling meal instead of writing up a brand new meal and texturing it and all that.

EDIT: I accidentally lied, you can't use dumplings as primary soup ingredients. Whoops! I've fixed it. Is this what you wanted, @Aliysium?

2021-02-08_09-10-11.png

Edited by l33tmaan

14 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

EDIT: I accidentally lied, you can't use dumplings as primary soup ingredients. Whoops! I've fixed it. Is this what you wanted, @Aliysium?

I was actually talking about in stews since I completely forgot that soup existed, but yeah soup is better than nothing and I understand the reasoning behind not wanting to do stews.

Oh. Sorry, dumplings will probably only be primary ingredients in soups. They're still secondary ones in both stew types, so you can have them be half-bushmeat and half turnip dumplings.

As a random side note, I've replicated the functionality of Bushmeat Meals too, so expect that in the next update.

I love your ideas, but have a few questions.  

Why is there meat in the trail mix?  A few of us are vegetarian irl, and, for some reason unimaginable to folks that aren't vegetarian, would like to keep that option in game. So trail mix without meat please. And sushi with just soy and veggies too.  More options with soy, it can't be combined with grains, never been able to figure that one out.  You could make Khitchri, a staple Indian meal, soy, (they use lentils) rice and veggies.  And since soy has as much, or more, protein as meat, it should give the same health points.

Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, breeze108 said:

And sushi with just soy and veggies too.

I was about to comment "is it actually sushi if there is no fish?" and then went and did some research first. I'm glad I did, and I thank you for indirectly educating me on something I didn't already know. 😅

• Thanks 1

Updated to 1.1.1! 

• Cooked veggies added! Includes mushrooms.
  • Bushmeat Meals has been replicated, you can drop it if you use it.
  • Dumplings can be used as primary ingredients in soup, patched minor cooking bugs
  • Dried berries can be used in berry bread.
  • The Acorns/PS version of Expanded Foods now requires the Compatibility Library.
  • Cookie time 1

3 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Bushmeat Meals has been replicated, you can drop it if you use it.

There are problems with bushmeat. I can only cook bushmeat stew if I put 6x6 in it, but if I put in more than 6 pieces due to the cooking skill, the saucepan no longer registers it.

There seems to be no problem after all, restarting the server helped and now it works as it should.

I seem to have narrowed the problem down! If you restart the server it works until you leave the server as a player. If you then join the running server again, it works again with only 6 ingredients. Until you restart the server again, more than 6 ingredients would work.

Edited by ThePionier
  • Confused 1

Maybe? I'm really not sure. The Bushmeat Meals mod is very simple, all I really did was fix some visual issues it had with meat stew. 
I'm not sure I fully understand your problem. Can you make bushmeat stew by inserting only 6 chunks of meat per slot, or are you capable of putting in 1-6 chunks into each one and you just can't go over? If it's the latter, you might want to take it up in the XSkills thread. Maybe they had a specific bit of code that only worked with that mod ID.

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

Maybe? I'm really not sure. The Bushmeat Meals mod is very simple, all I really did was fix some visual issues it had with meat stew. 
I'm not sure I fully understand your problem. Can you make bushmeat stew by inserting only 6 chunks of meat per slot, or are you capable of putting in 1-6 chunks into each one and you just can't go over? If it's the latter, you might want to take it up in the XSkills thread. Maybe they had a specific bit of code that only worked with that mod ID.

Sorry for my English, it's not my mother tongue.

I can do the bushmeat stew, it works if I put 6 pieces in the first two slots. Thanks to the skill mod, I was able to put 10 pieces in each slot until the update today. Now it only works when I restart the server and don't go out of the game, I join the server again, the skill doesn't work anymore.
I thought I would ask here first before I ask the skill mod, since everything worked until the update from the food mod.

Edited by ThePionier

27 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

I wish I could say. :/ My code is almost identical.

I suspect it is due to the insertion of the Compatibility Lib v1.1 Mod. But I don't know exactly either.
But as long as no worse mistakes happen, you can probably live with it, I thought I would just let you know

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.