Expanded Foods 1.6.8

l33tmaan

I think it's related to this mod adding around 1100 grid recipes or something. I could hold off on removing the variant groups and just move all the syrup-drizzling recipes over to the mixing bowl. Part of the problem there is that I have to have a different recipe for every bottle, and since there's so many different kinds of meat variants already... it's a very, very large file. I'll see if moving it to the mixing bowl helps smooth things out.

On 4/18/2021 at 7:14 PM, Landil said:

Tested 1.3.5 a bit more with game version 1.14.9 instead of 1.14.10 and can confirm it has the same fps drop (probable memory leak) issue. So the mod is not stable with the two newest patches, which is understandable.

Can you elaborate on that memory leak? I have fps drops while 'spreading' blocks in the crafting grid with lmb; client log says multiple memory leaks with meshes and block id's. Is it similar in your case? I have more mods than expanded foods tho so it may be clash between 2 mods as well

EDIT: after removing expanded food there is no lag. texture memory leaks are conected to something else then

Edited by adres4t
testing

18 hours ago, Cryorus The Dragon said:

IF this helps ( as you said my sausage was wrong.....that sounded wrong.....)  here is my mod list :
Anvil Recovery and Geothermal are disabled but the game doesnt like me removing them from the folder. 

Maybe you can spot why the sausage is not giving proper nutrition
image.png.5ef1c60a34e01c4b9734bf.thumb.png.06d308e65c2be29047619a26d4a9cf43.png

hey, looks just like my list of mods

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

I think it's related to this mod adding around 1100 grid recipes or something. I could hold off on removing the variant groups and just move all the syrup-drizzling recipes over to the mixing bowl. Part of the problem there is that I have to have a different recipe for every bottle, and since there's so many different kinds of meat variants already... it's a very, very large file. I'll see if moving it to the mixing bowl helps smooth things out.

What's the plausibility of making the drizzling work as some of us assumed it would? i.e. place the pot of food on the ground (or a table) and shift/right click with the bottle of syrup/etc.  Could maybe use the same mechanic as placing a lantern on the ground and right clicking to add a liner from vanilla?  If the food and/or syrup doesn't match a recipe/possible combination, you just pick up the food (or have the odd item shake visual with a red text message that says you cannot use x on y)

Edited by Lisabet

Some more observations:

• BUG: If an item in a screw press rots away while being pressed (I had some fruit which was about 95%-ish perished) the press will contain liters of waters once it finishes.
    2021-04-18_20-39-50.thumb.png.cbbb92ac14e89e0d26c36eb55bb78625.png
  • BUG: You cannot add partial stacks of the same item to the press if they have significantly differing shelf lives. Basically I had two stacks of flax, one with over a year left, another with months. It would not accept the second stack to add to the first one.
    Encountered this again with some berries.
    Basically anything that would not auto-combine into a single stack on pickup can't be put into the press at the same time.
    Workaround: tear down press to extract first stack, manually combine stacks, rebuild press, add stuff.
  • SUGGESTION(S):
    • Liquid mixing - Allow mixing liquids in the mixing bowl. Things that came to mind:
      • "Mixed juice" (and corresponding wine & vinegar) - for all those non-syrupable remainders of individual fruit juices.Currently any juice quantity under 4 portions has to be drunk or will rot away. Allowing us to mix it with "other" juice remnants would reduce this waste significantly.
        May need to have to satiety stuck at "cranberry" level to avoid too copious "upmixing".
        Could be somewhat interesting in it's implementation, since it should output non 1:1 ratios to the input "1 portion of juice A + 1 portion of juice B => 2 portions of mixed juice".
      • "Vinaigrette" - oil + vinegar (+ optional salt, + optional egg, + optional herbs). Classic salad dressing.
        Would give vinegar a dedicated purpose. Currently anything you can do with vinegar you can do with brine. And brine is endless since you make brine out of salt, which you can make out of water which is endless. So there's no real reason to use vinegar for anything.
    • Leaner sausages. Sausages at this time need a 1:1 ratio of fat to meat. Unless you go out of your way to hunt racoons & foxes there will typically be massively more meat than fat.
      If you lowered the required fat content somewhat, quite a bit more meat could end up in sausages.
      This might need something like "minced fat" or "lumps of fat" as replacement ingredient instead of fat. Maybe make 2 pieces of fat and a knife into 3 pieces of "minced fat". Maybe even a 1:2 ratio.
  • Like 1

juice doesn't actually rot away; it turns into wine first and then into vinegar; process to become wine seems to take quite awhile, so you have plenty of time to gather more berries and make more juice and thus more syrup if you want

I'd like to see a cooking use for wine (unless there is one and I don't realize it lol)

I like the idea of minced/lumps of fat though, and the vinaigrette; the mixed juice sounds like a good idea too, just pointing out that it doesn't rot :P 

• Mind=blown 1

here's an idea; you have the mixing bowl so I imagine this should be possible

make a Kitchen Counter, similar to a table to create that uses a polished slab of the types of stone you can make a quern from: basalt, granite, peridotite and andesite that has a crafting window just like the one we do most crafting in our inventories; transfer all your recipes you do in the crafting window to this; smashing and chopping the meat, chopping veggies, drizzling syrups and such.  Doesn't need to 'mix' like the bowl, just click on the resulting item like you would in the normal crafting window.  That should cut the lag that having your recipes in our usual crafting window causes. :)

kitchen counter.png*edit* I admit it'd be fun to color coordinate the kitchen so that the counter matches the quern lol

Edited by Lisabet
  • Cookie time 1

ok, I hit some sort of weird bug; I took a bowlful of salad from my crock and the nutrition stats went nuts.  I generally keep my nutrition up so it's hard to tell if it really affected what I get when I eat it; I'll try to let my food bar go down alot before I take a bite and see what happens.

salad.png

saladbug.png

• Mind=blown 1

The counter is actually a neat idea and to expand on it : 
Since we already use the hammer to smash meat ( or in my case use the excess amounts of Peridotite stones in a better barrel ) BUT to cut up the meat why not have the player use a cleaver ? Its only use is really the killing of domesticated animals and even that is something not many get to use. This would kinda incentivize the player to explore new tools 

• Like 1

I'm torn on that question every time I open the creative inventory. On one hand, that's a lot of items. On the other hand, the visual variety is great. 

Do you think it'd be possible to have a Meat Rack (Light) item that has no variants and have a configuration option to switch between the two? 🤔 I haven't looked at config stuff yet, so I'm not sure how feasible that is. But they look so good! 

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.3.6

Updated to 1.3.6!

• Syrup/sauce drizzling moved to the mixing bowl (should fix FPS drop)
  • Cured meat and bread crumbs can be added to salads
  • Handbook edited for clarity
  • 4x recipes for Spiles and Big Hooks added (thanks to @DoctorVanGogh)
  • Food oil can be used in place of animal fat for mechanics recipes (thanks to @Jobediah Timberman for the recipes)
  • Cleavers added to chopped food recipes
  • Honey now gives HP in meals
  • Sausage now rots properly and gives proper nutrient values when dried
  • Putting chopped pickled carrots in sushi no longer crashes the game
Edited by l33tmaan

6 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

I'm torn on that question every time I open the creative inventory. On one hand, that's a lot of items. On the other hand, the visual variety is great. 

Do you think it'd be possible to have a Meat Rack (Light) item that has no variants and have a configuration option to switch between the two? 🤔 I haven't looked at config stuff yet, so I'm not sure how feasible that is. But they look so good! 

I think there is a way to make things have the quality of the materials given. I know of at least one modder that has a weapons mod where the sword's appearance (same sword) changes based on the materials used.

I think a lite mod would be great! Reduce meat rack, bread varieties (ie fried rye bushmeat and fried flax bushmeat just would be fried breaded bushmeat), sushi varieties, etc and split off the juices into "Expanded Fluids."

2 minutes ago, Tech_Rabbit said:

I think there is a way to make things have the quality of the materials given. I know of at least one modder that has a weapons mod where the sword's appearance (same sword) changes based on the materials used.

That's how the meat rack already works. It's actually one of the smallest files in the entire mod, it's just that multiplying every type of wood by every type of metal has... predictable consequences when it comes to generating item IDs. 😅

I could do Expanded Foods (Lite), but I'm concerned how people are going to deal with moving from this mod to that one. I'm 95% certain that most items using variant groups that I'd remove would break with no way to automatically remap them to the new items. That's the biggest concern. The second biggest concern is maintaining two forks at once. 😁 I just hope it doesn't burn me out. 

I don't think I'd ever split the fluids off from this mod, though - to me, they're too intertwined in one another. That's only going to become truer as I add more recipes.

Just now, l33tmaan said:

That's how the meat rack already works. It's actually one of the smallest files in the entire mod, it's just that multiplying every type of wood by every type of metal has... predictable consequences when it comes to generating item IDs. 😅

I could do Expanded Foods (Lite), but I'm concerned how people are going to deal with moving from this mod to that one. I'm 95% certain that most items using variant groups that I'd remove would break with no way to automatically remap them to the new items. That's the biggest concern. The second biggest concern is maintaining two forks at once. 😁 I just hope it doesn't burn me out. 

I don't think I'd ever split the fluids off from this mod, though - to me, they're too intertwined in one another. That's only going to become truer as I add more recipes.

Oh so they aren't each one block variant?

1.3.6 definitely helped with the lag in the crafting grid, thanks :)

1 hour ago, CosmonautYuri said:

If you place a filled bowl or cooking pot on the ground with 6 items (not 6 servings) in it, it crashes the game

how do you put items in a bowl? (not a serving) and same, how do you put items in a cooking pot on the ground if it's not in a campfire?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

1.3.6 definitely helped with the lag in the crafting grid, thanks :)

how do you put items in a bowl? (not a serving) and same, how do you put items in a cooking pot on the ground if it's not in a campfire?

Well its 4 servers but the 6 items from the mixing bowl, and just right clicking the ground with the full pot or bowl crashes the game

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.