Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

Can't say I didn't look - but a certain british oil company is rather heavily polluting any search results here 😉

Alas, there is soybean oil. So if rice bran oil deserves to be in, I think soybean oil should get a shot too.

Sidenote:

Spoiler

Maybe the screw press could not just return "juice" from berries but also solid pomace. I know we don't have grapes ingame for which further processing of pomace is quite common, but there are some .... "arcane" research projects out there for currant or blueberry pomace:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31163977/
https://tu-dresden.de/ing/maschinenwesen/int/forschung/lebensmitteltechnik-1/forschungsprojekte/berryplus-wertsteigernde-aufarbeitung-von-nebenprodukten-der-johannisbeerverarbeitung?set_language=en

Realistically the best "current" use for that might just be rot, then compost (which does not really warrant that much work). But once alcohol making is in the game, this may warrant another look.

Haven't tried anymore sausage salads 

My partner had the idea of pasta. Egg and flour maybe water. 

Best I can tell if I put wine in a bottle it starts to ferment unto vinegar in three days. Nothing changes this. Even put in a cellar.  Wine lasts for decades in a bottle and barrels if stored properly.  Curable time needs to be changed.  

Edited by LocoMiner
  • Like 1

I put seed oil in the mixer and I cant move it to a different slot or remove it from mixer. Latest vs and mod versions.

Trying to make bone broth. There isnt a recipe. Added 4 bones and 4 water. Cant get water out or move it in sauce pan. What am i doing wrong? We need better cooking instructions

Bone broth give no indication what its for in handbook.  No sat or food category just the type of bottle used.

Edited by LocoMiner

How do you bread meat? Wth. I handbook breaded red meat nugets and it just says cooks into x. How do you make it?

Found it in advanced guide. At least say see said guide. What is food oil? Flax, rice, seed? 

Edited by LocoMiner

8 hours ago, LocoMiner said:

My partner had the idea of pasta. Egg and flour maybe water. 

Egg + flour + water/milk in the mixer makes soft dough (or rather *dumpling* dough).

Put that dough back in the mixer (and maybe add meat nuggets or chopped veggies) and you get veggie, meat (or plain) dumplings. There's your "pasta".

Updated to 1.3.7! READ THIS!

• Bottles revamp - now actual containers; use /efremap to map old bottles to new ones (the liquids will be lost)
  • Added wild yeast - used to add healing to dough or soft dough
  • Altered breadberry & muffin recipes, made normal bread an Expanded Food
  • Added chopped cured meat - cured meat can now be fried
  • Fried veggie/meat balls removed in favor of new item - Fried Balls
  • All fried items now require flour, too!
  • Fixed bread crumb name in salads
  • Salad expiration time nerfed
  • Deep fried food added
  • New handbook section on liquids added
  • Meat racks and spiles can only be made with these metals: Copper, brass, tin bronze, black bronze, titanium, steel
  • Soaked soybeans added, now used to make soy sauce - soy beans now make food oil
  • Soy sauce has less nutrition, more healing
  • Saucepan no longer bigger on the inside
  • Like 2
  • Cookie time 1
  • Amazing! 1

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.3.7

Found a rather specific crash to desktop involving bottles and shelves.

If a bottle is placed on the top shelf when there's a block in the space above it the game will crash to desktop without fail for me. Originally thought it was due to the object mapping but as long as there's no block above the top shelf the bottles can be stored without issue. Figured I'd mention this since there's such niche conditions involved.

Culprit:

Spoiler

ErrorShelf.PNG

No CtD shelves

Spoiler

ErrorShelf2.PNG

Edited by DDoip
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

What parts are unclear?

The whole handbook part isnt the most straightforward and easy thing to understand. I'd rather be able to see all the possible recipes available through search, than have to look through the guides, even if it is even more confusing and cluttered, at least it'd be viewable.

Edited by CosmonautYuri

16 hours ago, DDoip said:

Found a rather specific crash to desktop involving bottles and shelves.

If a bottle is placed on the top shelf when there's a block in the space above it the game will crash to desktop without fail for me. Originally thought it was due to the object mapping but as long as there's no block above the top shelf the bottles can be stored without issue. Figured I'd mention this since there's such niche conditions involved.

Jake and I haven't been able to replicate this. What exactly are you doing before it crashes? What's in your bottles?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.