Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

6 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Jake and I haven't been able to replicate this. What exactly are you doing before it crashes? What's in your bottles?

First attempts were empty fire clay bottles. Replicated with filled blueberry juice in the fire clay bottles and other bottles and the ctd was consistent. 

Edit edit edit: ....what a wacky wild goose chase this was. Turns out it was a combination of game updates, funky mod interactions with that specific shelf's storage space, and bottles. Everything else worked just fine except for bottles. They fit just fine on the left hand side but the right side was having the existential crisis lol. the refresh commands apparently detected something with the bottles to update them but that particular shelf somehow slipped under the radar.

Reloaded the file and deleted the block above it and replaced the block. Still crashed. Repeated without the resin on the shelf, new block above. CTD. Narrowed it down to the obvious that I should've tried last night. Funny how a good night's rest does that.

Reloaded, removed and replaced shelf, put amber back. Top shelf'd the bottle no prob. Glad it was just a weird tangle of happenstance instead of the mod itself!

Edit to the edit's edit's edit:

It was because of fish pemmican failing to even visually render because of the update! When trying to put a bottle in the same space as an invisible block of fish the game just goes "NO." 🤣

Everything is hunky dory, just a hilariously absurd set of unfortunate coincidences. Love the mod!

Edited by DDoip
Fish!
  • Haha 1

I like the larger volume bottles, but I'm guessing to drink juice you need to use a bowl now? can't see the freshness/decay timer on the bottles in inventory/chest nor 'use' the bottle to drink it anymore

also, does juice still turn to wine and then vinegar in bottles? hard to know since you don't see a timer on them anymore (preferably I'd rather see sealing a barrel of juice to make wine and/or vinegar instead of it curing in the bottle, assuming it still does so)

Oh, I COMPLETELY FORGOT to mention that bottles operate similarly to CarryCapacity - you can only drink from them if you aren't looking at another block. Sorry for the confusion. Juice does still turn into wine in bottles, but there are already barrel recipes for sealing juice and making wine out of it. It's a 1:1 recipe so that makes me think you didn't even attempt to put it in a barrel first. 😅

Putting saguaro fruit into a screwpress and pressing it causes a crash, and yeah I know there is no recipe for it, but I was like hey... this fits in the screwpress, so let's make some juice. 
This seems to be the important part of the crash logs, but if not I can send more of it.

(It is easy to recreate, just put like seven or so saguaro fruit into a screwpress, press it and wait until it's done, then it crashes)

crash.png

6 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

That's probably because I don't have saguaro juice and the code just lets you juice any fruit without restriction. As far as I understand, saguaro juice is mildly toxic. 
Should we add saguaro juice or remove the ability to juice it? 🤔

Maybe we could add the juice, but to consume it you would have to cook it into syrup?

8 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Oh, I COMPLETELY FORGOT to mention that bottles operate similarly to CarryCapacity - you can only drink from them if you aren't looking at another block. Sorry for the confusion. Juice does still turn into wine in bottles, but there are already barrel recipes for sealing juice and making wine out of it. It's a 1:1 recipe so that makes me think you didn't even attempt to put it in a barrel first. 😅

actually what I meant was that I'd rather wine didn't turn into vinegar in bottles; save that for sealing in barrels please.  before this update, as soon as my juice became wine it started turning to vinegar and limits the time to use it as wine if that makes sense? I realise it takes a long time to change from juice to wine to vinegar, but sitting on the shelf or looking at the bottle in a chest says nothing about how long the curing time is anymore.

*edit* it says fresh for 36 days (or whatever) but does that mean it turns to wine in 36 days?

Edited by Lisabet

While I was rummaging around in the mod's .json files trying to figure out how to stop wine in bottles becoming vinegar while still allowing it in barrels. First I went to the bottles.json and was going to change the attribute "perishRate: 0.1" to "perishRate: 0.0" if it did work as I hoped that would solve the problem of wine/vinegar but would also be OP and stop anything else I put in bottles from rotting. So next I checked out the fruitwine.json and I kinda had an idea...

Spoiler

Is there any way to add another "transitionableProps" with the attributes of
            type: "Aging",
            freshHours: { avg: 168 }, - Not really sure if the freshness would make any difference
            transitionHours: { avg: 26280 }, - 3 years "Aging" time to become a new item with increased stats  - "Fine Wine"?
            transitionedStack: { type: "item", code: "fruitagedwineportion-{type}" },
            transitionRatio: 0.25

I think it would be pretty badass if it was possible to make it so if the bottles were stored in a cellar it would half the time it takes, or have it so it has to be in a cellar to age.

Secondly, would it be possible to add a stat bonus for every year it is stored after it becomes "aged". Since wine isn't known for spoiling I think it only makes sence 😆

I would definitely give it a try myself if it's possible to do. I don't want to put the little extra time I have into learning and figuring this out only to find there is some weird limitation that I have no idea exists.

Edited by GlassCannon Gaming

So....more help please.  I was trying to make flax oil and my screw press crashed my game.......I'm not really sure how it works, as there are no directions in the handbook.

The HUD shows what to put in, but not how much or in what order.

Can anyone please help??

Unable to make breaded food. I've got a portion of honey, one rye bread crumbs, one rye flour, and a raw redmeat nuggets in the mixing bowl in that order. Can't mix it.
I've also tried switching around the order, leaving out the flour, using smashed or normal redmeat, using *cooked* redmeat/smashed/nuggets. No luck.

What am I doing wrong, or is there a bug?

25 minutes ago, Thranos said:

Unable to make breaded food. I've got a portion of honey, one rye bread crumbs, one rye flour, and a raw redmeat nuggets in the mixing bowl in that order. Can't mix it.
I've also tried switching around the order, leaving out the flour, using smashed or normal redmeat, using *cooked* redmeat/smashed/nuggets. No luck.

What am I doing wrong, or is there a bug?

Try and mix the recipe anyway, sometimes it bugs and doesn't show anything being made, but if that doesn't work, try a different batter liquid, such as a syrup or eggs.
It worked for me when I recreated it without flour, try that.

recipe.png

Edited by highhi byebye
  • Confused 1

I'm attempting to follow the "breaded food" recipe from the guidebook. I'm on the newest version of the mod.
Also, am I going mad, or did the mod previously have recipes to allow seed oil to be used for mechanical recipes instead of animal fat?

Edited by Thranos

It did, but I uh, forgot to update the recipes with the new bottle mechanics. It'll be fixed in the next update.

You're not the only person who's been having problems making breaded food, but I've used the exact same recipes as other people and I can make it fine. I even checked the version I uploaded and all of the recipes are fine. Do you get any errors in your logs?

Just looked through my logs, the only errors from Expanded Foods are something about rendering and tessellating a... burned saucepan?
Other than that, no errors for it, and my saucepans work fine so I'm not sure what that's all about.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.