Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

Looks like this might be the same issue as above...Here is the crash log I get when taking liquid from a screw press with a barrel, then mouse-hover over the barrel in the hotbar...

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM
Version: v1.14.10 (Stable)5/2/2021 10:55:11 PM: Critical error occurred
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerBase.GetContent(IWorldAccessor world, ItemStack containerStack)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerBase.GetCurrentLitres(IWorldAccessor world, ItemStack containerStack)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerBase.GetHeldItemInfo(ItemSlot inSlot, StringBuilder dsc, IWorldAccessor world, Boolean withDebugInfo)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockBarrel.GetHeldItemInfo(ItemSlot inSlot, StringBuilder dsc, IWorldAccessor world, Boolean withDebugInfo)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack.GetDescription(IWorldAccessor world, ItemSlot inSlot, Boolean debug)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemstackInfo.Recompose()
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemstackInfo.SetSourceSlot(ItemSlot nowSlot)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudMouseTools.OnMouseEnterSlot(ItemSlot slot)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerOnMouseEnterSlot(ClientMain game, ItemSlot slot)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.OnMouseMove(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.OnMouseMove(MouseEvent mouse)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnMouseMove(MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnMouseMove(MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnMouseMove(MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.UpdateMousePosition()
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _ISiSTzGmXXpAqo3PzdxdVD1bClZ._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(_C7CLMRbe3BejVtaARYCgl7Bg1vl , String[] )
   at _0Y0SN1uu1V65pRLxvnN2xsIjXAg._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Tried in fresh world with no other mods and still same crash.

Edited by Deviator

btw I feel silly for asking, but just how do you add fish sauce or soy sauce to a meal? is it during the cooking phase?

I haven't been able to figure out how to do it with the mixing bowl, or before that in the crafting window

4 hours ago, Lisabet said:

btw I feel silly for asking, but just how do you add fish sauce or soy sauce to a meal? is it during the cooking phase?

I haven't been able to figure out how to do it with the mixing bowl, or before that in the crafting window

I just tested, you can use it in soups and stews, (Both fish sauce and soy sauce). You can also put it on sushi as a garnish to add protein values. (Bottle with soy sauce, fish sauce, or really syrups, on top of sushi in a crafting menu) 

food.png

sushi.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thranos said:

The handbook guide for frying food doesn't seem to have the correct recipe. What is the correct current recipe for it?
Also, wine seems to spoil... very, very fast. Like. REALLY fast.

This recipe works, along with tree syrups, fruit syrups, and eggs. You can also change out the bread crumbs to rice, flax, etc. And the meat can be smashed readmeat, fillet, bushmeat, poultry, or nuggets of those meats.
And for veggie balls, you can use either chopped or not chopped veggies

parsn.png

mix.png
Edit #2: I was on 1.3.5 so this recipe is probably not valid in 1.3.7 I was just recently told that the recipe changed.

Edited by highhi byebye
Note
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

I'd actually meant these types of meals, but thank you for answering :) the 'topped with x' sounds like the older 'drizzle with' but even back then I couldn't figure it out past syrup on bread lol

image.png.65f44ca4a67fd7df956b93e400c1e284.png

I threw together a salad really quick, soy sauce can just be thrown in randomly.
I also made a meat stew with random ingredients and fish sauce, that works too. I think garnishes post mixing/cooking are only on sushi, or other fried foods, such as a vegetable ball or nuggets.

zsald.png

stewz.png

• Like 1

if it's an added ingredient during the cooking phase, that's fine and understandable; I'm just making sure it's not a 'drizzle' addition you can put on after you cook the food, like you do syrup on berry bread

the wording seems a tad vague, and I may be misreading it

5 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

if it's an added ingredient during the cooking phase, that's fine and understandable; I'm just making sure it's not a 'drizzle' addition you can put on after you cook the food, like you do syrup on berry bread

the wording seems a tad vague, and I may be misreading it

You can put it in as a liquid stand-in in stews and soups, (Instead of water), and in salads it can be an ingredient, just mix it in. But, it is ALSO a drizzle addition on cooked fried foods, and sushi.
They are multipurpose liquids.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thranos said:

The handbook guide for frying food doesn't seem to have the correct recipe. What is the correct current recipe for it?
Also, wine seems to spoil... very, very fast. Like. REALLY fast.

It has the correct recipe.
2021-05-03_08-58-39.jpg.076796973cbab1a1c4cad85440234c1a.jpg

If you're playing on a server, confirm that you're on 1.3.7 and not an earlier version. How quickly is "REALLY fast"? It takes one week before it starts to rot, and it takes 3 days to actually rot. These times should be (roughly) multiplied by 10 if it's inside a bottle, giving it enough time to turn into vinegar instead of rotting. How long should unsealed wine last? Two weeks? A month?

4 hours ago, Lisabet said:

I'd actually meant these types of meals, but thank you for answering :) the 'topped with x' sounds like the older 'drizzle with' but even back then I couldn't figure it out past syrup on bread lol

Yeah, I can see how you might be confused by the wording, I'll tighten it up. A good thing to keep in mind is that rules that apply to the cooking pot generally apply to the mixing bowl - which means you can't do something to a meal after you've cooked it. Food items, yes. Meals, no.

Edited by l33tmaan
  • Thanks 1

Updated to 1.3.8!

• Meat can be dried on the meat rack to make dried meat - can be chopped up and used like regular meat for everything except sausage & curing
  • Fruit/Vegetable juice mix added
  • Oil recipes for mechanical items fixed (Clutch can only be made with buckets, not bottles - causes crashing otherwise)
  • Wine spoil/cure time doubled
  • Cured meat nuggets are actually creatable now (Thanks @EtherialMind)
  • Soybean Oil can be used in meals
  • Handbook wording made more explicit
Edited by l33tmaan

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.3.8
4 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

It has the correct recipe.

If you're playing on a server, confirm that you're on 1.3.7 and not an earlier version. How quickly is "REALLY fast"? It takes one week before it starts to rot, and it takes 3 days to actually rot. These times should be (roughly) multiplied by 10 if it's inside a bottle, giving it enough time to turn into vinegar instead of rotting. How long should unsealed wine last? Two weeks? A month?

The server and my client are both 1.3.7. I've tried the EXACT recipe you posted, egg and all, and it just... doesn't work.

As far as the wine, it doesn't last through the winter in bottles on a shelf. I presumed that being wine it would last long enough to be a good source of winter fruit satiation.

Edited by Thranos

1 minute ago, Thranos said:

The server and my client are both 1.3.7. Does it have to be egg specifically? The handbook indicates that honey should work, but I can't get it to work using the exact recipe you posted but with honey substituted for egg. 

As far as the wine, it doesn't last through the winter in bottles on a shelf. I presumed that being wine it would last long enough to be a good source of winter fruit satiation.

Honey should work as well.
2021-05-03_13-48-28.jpg.afb8241fe40087700204ad758f8fb4b4.jpg

As for wine, it should be lasting several months. I know I just buffed it, but it should still be good for 6-7 months in 1.3.7, depending on how quickly you bottle it. You really want to get it in a bottle as soon as it finishes pressing, every second counts.
2021-05-03_13-49-05.jpg.b0de8d0ef210a1e6af6e6ddd84539f35.jpg

oh, forgot to mention; soybeans (raw) into the press should make oil right? and the soaked soybean process thing makes the sauce now?

last time I tried I got soy sauce from soybeans in the press lol...that's with the 1.3.7

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.