Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

As always, I will suggest texture improvement to make sure new items fit into base game. Dried berries and pemmican textures are good, unfortunately, same can't be said about acorns, trail mixes, seaweed and sushi, as they all have blur and/or semi-transparent pixels. Meat nuggets have too detailed texture both as items and in meals. Au gratin base is also too high-res, try looking on vanilla meal bases for reference.

I'd make the ingredients in every food high res if I could! 😄 I used the vanilla meals as a basis and hated how indistinct everything looked at the end, which is why the cheese is so detailed. I can deal with the transparency issues, but I'm about as experienced with photoshop as I am with coding, so I'm less sure about how to handle the blurriness. Any tips? 

I can't seem to add a poll to pre-existing threads, so I guess I'll just ask and hope people post feedback.

Should Sushi be Protein, Grain, Vegetable, or some mixture depending on which kind of sushi it is, ie sushi with no vegetables is Grain, but sushi with vegetables is Vegetables? Should adding fish sauce make it Protein? What about honey? 

54 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

I can't seem to add a poll to pre-existing threads, so I guess I'll just ask and hope people post feedback.

Should Sushi be Protein, Grain, Vegetable, or some mixture depending on which kind of sushi it is, ie sushi with no vegetables is Grain, but sushi with vegetables is Vegetables? Should adding fish sauce make it Protein? What about honey? 

Oof that is a tough one. I would say protein, just because meat is harder to come by and fish cannot be "farmed", but I can see it going in any category.

Mix, grain/protein if it's fish and rice, then add vegetable.  Fish sauce would enhance the protein, and adding honey would probably add a bit of fruit if we're consistent with jam's logic.

I'd really like to be able to spread honey or jam on bread.  That's also another question:  can fruit breads be a mix of grain and fruit?

For sushi I think you should treat it like porridge or stew. They show % based on what's in it. I didnt see it here but primitive survival lets you cut fish into filets.  Can we make fish oil from those? Its hard to get 16 of one fish type before they spoil. Great mid btw.

1 hour ago, LocoMiner said:

For sushi I think you should treat it like porridge or stew. They show % based on what's in it. I didnt see it here but primitive survival lets you cut fish into filets.  Can we make fish oil from those? Its hard to get 16 of one fish type before they spoil. Great mid btw.

Yeah, I can't do that. Sushi is just an item, not a meal like porridge or stew, so it can only have one type of nutrition. Otherwise I wouldn't be having this problem in the first place! 😅
I can add fish fillets to the sauce recipe, though. 

I made a simple translation into Russian, perhaps not entirely accurate, but more sufficient to make everything clear.

Thanks! I'll add it to the mod.

EDIT: @LocoMiner Could you explain what you mean about it being hard to get 16 of one fish type? You should only need 1 fish and 2 liters of water to make fish sauce, not 16 fish!

Edited by l33tmaan

I havent tried making the oil yet. Its on my to do list. The picture you posted for fish oil showed 16 fish. I guess I missed it in the description the fish to water ratio. A barrel holds 50 liters so thats 25 fish if you want to make a big batch of oil.

Edited by LocoMiner

Honestly, I mostly ripped off Trail Food when it came to the recipe for pemmican, so... yeah, I guess it is an oversight. I don't think I can do anything about the rock, since it isn't technically a tool and doesn't have durability, but I guess slicing some off would make sense.

Updated to 1.1.0! 

Added:
- Soft bread! Just add egg to your normal bread recipes. They can be cooked on their own or used for...
- Dumplings! These hearty treats add massive amounts of nutrition to meals. Both come in Acorn varieties as well, but dumplings can be made out of fish, too! Acorn dumplings are insane.
- Make fish sauce out of fillets!
- Add dried berries to meat stews! 
- Cook eggs over a firepit!
Now in Russian! Sort of.

Fixed:
- Pemmican blocks are inedible. 
- Various visual issues patched. Some items like dry fruit have new textures (thanks to @Ledyanaya Sonya!)
- Some other stuff I probably forgot.

Yeah, I should have done that in the first place, but I will in the future. I'm honestly thinking about only releasing the vanilla and Acorns + PS versions, too - the forums doesn't like that I'm hosting so much junk! Would that be an issue for people?
By the way, @Tech_Rabbit, are you guys able to harvest seaweed? Or do you also run More Recipes? 

1 minute ago, l33tmaan said:

Yeah, I should have done that in the first place, but I will in the future. I'm honestly thinking about only releasing the vanilla and Acorns + PS versions, too - the forums doesn't like that I'm hosting so much junk! Would that be an issue for people?
By the way, @Tech_Rabbit, are you guys able to harvest seaweed? Or do you also run More Recipes? 

I am updating my server shortly and will test. We actually don't use the acorns mod, just primitive survival and the food

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

I really don't like making 4 versions of this every time I update it, so chopping it down to 2 would be great. 😅 Maybe doing this would push more people into downloading Acorns.

You could also try the Compatibility Lib mod so that you can have just one version and if people have PS and/or Acorns they can download Compatibility lib for those items to work. Its what I used for the Seaweed for this mod

Edited by jakecool19
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.