Expanded Foods 1.6.8

l33tmaan

I can't get' the trail mix to work. Using ExF 1.4.2 and 1.15.6  I never tried it in 1.15.5 because I just got all the ingredients. I tried it just like it says in the handbook and nothing. It would be good if there was picture of the crafting grid for it.  Can you give me any hints as to what I'm doing wrong please? 

I think the "handful of soy beans" may be the problem. What exactly is that, just soybeans right out of the ground? fermented? or some other way of processing them.  Actually, now that I'm looking at soy beans ( it just now occurred to me there may be another form  and maybe I should look it up)  There is pickles, slurry, soaked, roasted , powdered, cultured, shelled, wet and blended (amazing mod by the way)  Which one should I use for a "handful of soy beans"

1 hour ago, breeze108 said:

I think the "handful of soy beans" may be the problem. What exactly is that, just soybeans right out of the ground? fermented? or some other way of processing them.  Actually, now that I'm looking at soy beans ( it just now occurred to me there may be another form  and maybe I should look it up)  There is pickles, slurry, soaked, roasted , powdered, cultured, shelled, wet and blended (amazing mod by the way)  Which one should I use for a "handful of soy beans"

Yes, right out of the ground, totally unprocessed. You can't make tofu yet, but I'm not opposed to adding it. To be frank, I have a long list of foods I need to add to the mod and I've been too burnt out (not on VS, just in general) to add them in. I'll add it to the list...

I can add peanuts to the trail mix recipe pretty easily. To be honest, nothing in the mod uses peanuts or bell peppers right now, so I should bundle those together in a future update.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

It's been on my list for months, but I think the author of that mod is MIA? Granted, I guess it doesn't need to be updated for me to make a bunch of patches, but still.

You're not sure if you want to "waste time" patching a mod that might not update, or something like that? I sort of can understand that feeling.

Hey there, awesome mod, only wondering how to mix fruit juice together. I tried in dropping both kind of juices in a barrel (Cranberries and Red Currant), in bottles, puting both kind of berries in the press (doesn't work), mixing in bucket, in the mixing bowl and in the cauldron. Is the mixed fruit juice recipe simply not implemented yet?

2 hours ago, Travis Pluid said:

You're not sure if you want to "waste time" patching a mod that might not update, or something like that? I sort of can understand that feeling.

Yeah, kind of... I already know I'm going to have a lot to do once fruit trees are implemented. I do like using the mod personally, though. I did get started on compatibility, but then 1.15 came out and I had to spend a couple months updating the mod for it. I needed a break after that.

1 hour ago, Jan Hošek said:

Can you use vintage sausage in any dishes? I can't seem to be able to.

You should be able to use it in any recipe you can use sausage in. I think you can just put it in certain meals right now.

1 hour ago, DendenRadish said:

Hey there, awesome mod, only wondering how to mix fruit juice together. I tried in dropping both kind of juices in a barrel (Cranberries and Red Currant), in bottles, puting both kind of berries in the press (doesn't work), mixing in bucket, in the mixing bowl and in the cauldron. Is the mixed fruit juice recipe simply not implemented yet?

Mixed juice is kind of annoying - I can't really make it have different colors without utilizing variants, and I refuse to make variants for every possible permutation. That would be bonkers. So, the 'compromise' is that you have to use one of EVERY portion. It'd be nice to be able to just mix 2 or 3 juices together, though. 

• Like 2

On 10/1/2021 at 5:25 PM, l33tmaan said:

Yeah, kind of... I already know I'm going to have a lot to do once fruit trees are implemented. I do like using the mod personally, though. I did get started on compatibility, but then 1.15 came out and I had to spend a couple months updating the mod for it. I needed a break after that.

Totally fair- I just wished I could use my Honeysuckles to make wine or juice. Or my Cloudberries that rot in 4 hours or whatever it is? XP

3 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Yes... I suppose I could figure out how to patch those recipe files when the necessary mods are active, sorry about that.

If you don't feel up to it, please don't feel like I'm trying to push you to do it. It's just one of those funny little things that goes through my mind when I'm playing.

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.4.3

Updated to 1.4.3!

• Added Braziers compatibility
  • Breaded food can be fried in saucepan/cauldron
  • Metal rolling pin durabiltiy increased
  • Meat curing time increased
  • Aged meat/dried sausage nutrition bonus reduced from +50% to +25%
  • Yogurt changed from Protein to Dairy
  • Acorn breaded meat display fixed
  • Aged meatnuggets show up in meal description
  • Honey & Maple/Birch yogurt can be made now
  • Bread starter doesn't require yeast water to make more starter
  • Knives can be used to chop up dried cassava & papyrus/cattail roots
  • Sunflower, flax grain, and fruit syrups can be added to salads
  • Spelt, rice, and amaranth grain can be added to soups
  • Wine always rots into vinegar; vinegar rots into water

Pizza? Burgers? Bacon?

:D
If possible add some high-level 'meals' that add a buff that, for a time, reduces saturation loss. That way you can eat a big meal and go out exploring for a couple days without needing to bring lots of food with you. Just an idea... While this would likely require C# coding, it would be nice to have some extra perks with those big complicated meals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.