Expanded Foods 1.6.8

l33tmaan

Currently, making salt at the saucepan/cauldron requires a large amount of water. There's just one issue; I don't know how to transfer this water quickly. Shift clicking, right clicking, no alternate method of clicking seems to exist to quickly move water out of the container in my hand to the one on the firepit. That means that if I want to fill a cauldron with 500 units of water, it takes >500 clicks (not counting the clicks needed to grab new containers of water and refill the old ones). For now I'm avoiding carpal tunnel syndrome by using a "rapid click" macro on my mouse, but I'd like to know if:

1. I'm missing a way to one-click-transfer the whole container of water from one to another
2. There's an alternative way to boil off water (that isn't barreling it) that is less click-intensive

On 9/2/2021 at 12:12 PM, l33tmaan said:

I removed it for a reason, but it's not a big deal. 😄

Well, good news for you I guess.  I can't seem to get the old system working.  I've copied all the fruit jsons from the 1.14 version but it they still won't bake in the firepit.  Not sure why it's not working.  Seems pretty straight forward.  🤷‍♂️

Not at my gaming PC right now.  But it was the fruit.json patches and I believe the driedfruit.json itemtype.  The game ended up crashing when I set down a crock filled with cook fruit in it that was made before the edit.  So I just reverted everything.  I'm giving up on preserving all my fruit for now.

13 hours ago, balistafreak said:

Currently, making salt at the saucepan/cauldron requires a large amount of water. There's just one issue; I don't know how to transfer this water quickly. Shift clicking, right clicking, no alternate method of clicking seems to exist to quickly move water out of the container in my hand to the one on the firepit. That means that if I want to fill a cauldron with 500 units of water, it takes >500 clicks (not counting the clicks needed to grab new containers of water and refill the old ones). For now I'm avoiding carpal tunnel syndrome by using a "rapid click" macro on my mouse, but I'd like to know if:

1. I'm missing a way to one-click-transfer the whole container of water from one to another
2. There's an alternative way to boil off water (that isn't barreling it) that is less click-intensive

I am trying to find a way for it. hopefully I can fix it or at least make it some what simple

7 hours ago, Misterandydandy said:

I am trying to find a way for it. hopefully I can fix it or at least make it some what simple

The Salt production mod was very nice jist putting water in a barrel and sealing it to get salt. Why not just incorporate this method.??? 

Edited by Tehgarin

3 hours ago, Heiress said:

Hey there if I wanted to rebalance some of the food values myself, like I think aged meat gives you way too much satiety for just letting meat sit around a bit, how would I go about doing that?

Go to assets/expandedfoods/itemtypes, you'll find all the foods and liquids in there. You'll want to change nutritionPropsWhenInMeal and NutritionProps.
However, I rarely get comments on balance unless something's totally whack. Please tell me more.

57 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Go to assets/expandedfoods/itemtypes, you'll find all the foods and liquids in there. You'll want to change nutritionPropsWhenInMeal and NutritionProps.
However, I rarely get comments on balance unless something's totally whack. Please tell me more.

Alright so, the meat thing is the biggest deal to me, basically aged meat cures at no effort to me, and a normal meal full of redmeat (not aged) gives around 1.6k satiety

but then if you age it, then prep it, it almost doubles the satiety in meals just from letting it sit around and using your knife a bit which is *a big deal* a full redmeat nugget meal gives 2.8k satiety which almost lets you eat from a bowl twice to fill your hunger bar entirely. it beats cabbage (the best vanilla meal food) by a full 1k in satiety, I personally was thinking that meat when aged should only give a bit more satiety in meals compared to the non aged version.

since letting it cure and age is practically a non effort, this is the main thing I wanted to change, so that I've got more incentive to go out and well, get meat.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

After playing on a server, it also seems to be curing unexpectedly... we've just got stacks of meat sitting around in our cellar and it's just aging itself! You should AT LEAST have to put it on some meat hooks first! 😱

Wait you mean that's a bug? I thought it was intended since it is something that has been around since the 1.14.x versions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.