Expanded Foods 1.6.8

l33tmaan

Would you consider changing Yogurt's nutrition type from Protein to Dairy? The Dairy-type nutrition is very precious since it takes a lot of infrastructure to set up (feeding trough, fences, and time), and until animal generation 2, a single bucket of milk can take several in-game hours with repeated failures (10+, easily). Because of that, I want to be increasing the amount of nutrition available to fulfill the nutrition bar, not decrease it.

4 hours ago, Softly said:

A possibly dumb question, I've been trying to age wine but have had bottles sitting on a shelf for quite some time now with no changes, close to two months verging on three and it's still normal wine, am I doing something wrong?

Nope. Just keep waiting.

@l33tmaan Were you aware of the saucepan duplication but?  I made 3 of them in pit kilns.  But when I pulled them out and tried stacking them  the ones I tried stacking never disappeared, but duplicates ended up getting stacked.  It's not 100% repeatable.  It's more glitchy than anything.

EDIT:

And when I tried throwing them from my inventory the extras just disappeared.  

Edited by JamesB
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Softly said:

A possibly dumb question, I've been trying to age wine but have had bottles sitting on a shelf for quite some time now with no changes, close to two months verging on three and it's still normal wine, am I doing something wrong?

Something to keep in mind if you have had them there from the 14.x days.

Check them for if they have a line about curing on their tooltip when you pull them from the shelf because if they do not they never will.

Again that is only if they were from the "olden days".

11 hours ago, Hells Razer said:

Something to keep in mind if you have had them there from the 14.x days.

Check them for if they have a line about curing on their tooltip when you pull them from the shelf because if they do not they never will.

Again that is only if they were from the "olden days".

I don't believe so, unless 14.x was very recently, they do mention they can cure in the bottle.

why does the wild starter need to be constantly refilled with yeast? the entire point of a starter irl is to prevent the need for adding yeast every time you wanna make bread.
like if you have a sourdough starter you need to feed it JUST flour and water regularly (once a week, at bare minimum, depending on climate) in the fridge generally it can last for a week without feeding.

source: i bake bread

actually it's a bug. if you make wine in a barrel it will never cure (you can tell it's bugged cause it doesn't show curing duration). the easiest fix to this is making wine from curing juice in a bottle, putting the bottled wine into a barrel, then placing the bugged out barrel wine in *AFTER* the curable wine. this fixed the wine from barrel curing by adding the curable tag.

On 9/11/2021 at 9:12 AM, l33tmaan said:

Nope. Just keep waiting.

Edited by Ikxale

5 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Oh snap, did Xandu already release a version of XSkills with all the stuff that's ready to go? They gave me the patches I need over here, so my next update will have them.

I actually need you to release the version update first because my mod would use the methods i sended you to make things work. But i don't wanted to stress you. 😅

8 hours ago, Ikxale said:

why does the wild starter need to be constantly refilled with yeast? the entire point of a starter irl is to prevent the need for adding yeast every time you wanna make bread.
like if you have a sourdough starter you need to feed it JUST flour and water regularly (once a week, at bare minimum, depending on climate) in the fridge generally it can last for a week without feeding.

I swear that's what I originally wanted to do, but it didn't work out for some reason. I'll look into it again.

actually it's a bug. if you make wine in a barrel it will never cure (you can tell it's bugged cause it doesn't show curing duration).

That's not a bug, juice will never cure on its own in barrels - you have to seal it in order to turn it into wine. An item has to finish curing BEFORE the perish timer starts, or else it will rot. The bottle reduces the perish timer enough to allow juice to cure into wine (and I think sealing a cauldron in cellars does the job, too). 

7 hours ago, Xandu said:

I actually need you to release the version update first because my mod would use the methods i sended you to make things work. But i don't wanted to stress you. 😅

Oh snap! Okay, I'll get a release out within the next week or so, hopefully. 

12 hours ago, Ikxale said:

Ah, yes, here's the problem: If I make the recipe just water, flour, and bread starter... that's also one of the regular dough recipes. It overwrites that. 

I can do this, though.

2021-09-17_14-12-07.png.c3353b1f53b7b7985745d277a44f7c13.png

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.