Expanded Foods 1.6.8

l33tmaan

16 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

@DArkHekRoMaNT Do you think this could be related to the compatibility library?

If only the author of XSkills is trying to force the loading of assets, I don't know why it might be needed in this case. 

@XanduAs far as I can see, your mod has no open source, so it's quicker to ask this :) Do you do something with aasets? All the Compatibility Lib does is change the path to the asset from api.Asset.AllAssets. Perhaps forcing an asset to reload while playing might break this, are you doing something like that?

21 hours ago, ThePionier said:

There are problems with bushmeat. I can only cook bushmeat stew if I put 6x6 in it, but if I put in more than 6 pieces due to the cooking skill, the saucepan no longer registers it.

There seems to be no problem after all, restarting the server helped and now it works as it should.

I seem to have narrowed the problem down! If you restart the server it works until you leave the server as a player. If you then join the running server again, it works again with only 6 ingredients. Until you restart the server again, more than 6 ingredients would work.

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT

34 minutes ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

@XanduAs far as I can see, your mod has no open source, so it's quicker to ask this :) Do you do something with aasets? All the Compatibility Lib does is change the path to the asset from api.Asset.AllAssets. Perhaps forcing an asset to reload while playing might break this, are you doing something like that?

Are these assets also used when e.g. pouring metal into a mold? Or while cooking?

I see namely through the skills the molds etc are reloaded every now and then because the metal is recalculated what flows into it through my skill bonus that I need 10% less metal to fill a mold, for example

8 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

If only the author of XSkills is trying to force the loading of assets, I don't know why it might be needed in this case. 

Yes, i do things with assets. But i doubt that it has something to with the issue. I add an asset category for the skill requirements so that they can be better customized. And i actually force a reload when the mod starts and they seem to be not correctly loaded (so this only happens before anyone joins the server). And this shouldn't affect the cooking behavior.

Have you considered integrating wild farming into some of the recipes? it adds all sorts of herbs and spices. like Sage.. with Sage and meat, we could make sausages that you hang up to dry, it would be a really cool way to store food and they used to be made like this for long term storage. Having a pantry with Sausages hanging from the ceiling/walls would look so cool. Plus all the other herbs that wild farming adds, like Chamomile and lavender could be used to make teas. Maybe you two could work together on that?

Edited by Avos Cast
  • Like 1

Well, Jake was kind enough to help me out with the naming issue I was having with my meals. Having an item that functions like a chandelier but you place sausage into it instead of candles would be pretty neat. Unfortunately, I'm 95% certain it would require a new block class, which I am not very capable of making. I'll ask if he's willing to work with me on this, too.

2 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Well, Jake was kind enough to help me out with the naming issue I was having with my meals. Having an item that functions like a chandelier but you place sausage into it instead of candles would be pretty neat. Unfortunately, I'm 95% certain it would require a new block class, which I am not very capable of making. I'll ask if he's willing to work with me on this, too.

Here is the updated recipe vocab

ExpandedFoods.cs

• Thanks 1

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.2.1

Updated to 1.2.1!

• Moved future releases over to mods.vintagestory.at
  • Replaced fish fillet & au gratin textures (Thanks @Ledyanaya Sonya!); fish fillets now display differently in meals
  • Fixed au gratin name not displaying correctly
  • Decreased nutrition of items requiring fish fillets by 100
  • Different kinds of fish require different amounts of water to produce fish sauce (see fish sauce entry for amounts)
  • Added fish pemmican & item descriptions to pemmican
Edited by l33tmaan

10 minutes ago, Avos Cast said:

What is a block class exactly? I am still trying to learn all this stuff so I can make my own things and work with others. Still a newbie. And Perhaps later on I could help out with making 3d objects once I get better.

Block class is basically the C# script that the block uses for basic behaviors such as what happens when it is broken or placed. For example the loot vessels all have the class BlockLootVessel which when a loot vessel is broken the script causes it to drop random items based on its variant.

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.2.2

Updated to 1.2.2!

• Implemented the Vinegar mod! (Thanks @Korhaka!)
  • Added muffins!
  • Added fish jerky to trail mix recipe
  • Berry bread can be made by putting berries in existing dough
  • Changed soft bread shape to have fewer balls
  • Changed fish pemmican texture to look less gross
  • Added item descriptions to berry bread
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kiava said:

Hello l33tmaan,
Please add the new translations at the end. This is the third time I've started translating into German.
lg Kiava

Sorry, what new translations? If you provide me with a language file I'd be more than happy to put it in the mod.

4 hours ago, Craluminum said:

Suggestion:

Edible wild daisy (for salads ofc)

We really are just going to wind up letting players eat anything, aren't we? 😅 I'm learning a lot about what various cultures eat over here. I'll add it in.

4 hours ago, DerpyChariZard said:

I feel like you should add yeast and make more bread-related stuff.

It has come to my attention that you can make wild yeast by shoving dried berries in a jar with some water... I can do that too but if we're really getting into baking then that calls for a new cooking method... 🤔

• Like 1

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.2.3

Updated to 1.2.3!

• Added bread crumbs! Can be eaten as a snack, put in most meals, or used to make breaded/fried meat.
  • Added smashed & nugget versions of fish fillets! Fish dumplings now require fish nuggets instead of a whole fillet.
  • Added hardtack!
  • Changed vinegar portion texture to a shape
  • Changed meat nugget and fish shape in meals
  • Added meat nugget and fish shapes to meat stews; added meat nugget shape to soups
  • You can now use up to 2 slots in soups for nuggets

I've been wondering about something and I could use some feedback: Should I add chopped vegetables? They would function similarly to the smashed/nugget forms of meat in that they could be used for different things. Maybe. Thoughts?

Edited by l33tmaan
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.