Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

2 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

I don't think so, no. Only meat nuggets and aged meat nuggets. I guess I can add cured meat nuggets to the recipe as well.

Yeah I don't think it should prevent you from making pemmican.  I ended up with a ton of salted meats after going on a hide run and now I don't know what to do with it!  You can't really make it into sausage either correct?

So we've got cured meat and pemmican for protein, dried fruit and pemmican for fruit, and hardtack for grain... what are some long-term forms of vegetables and dairy I could add? 🤔
I know some kinds of cheese last a very long time. I think I had a brick of parmesan in my fridge for a couple years. 
Pickled veggies are alright, but I'm thinking of something that lasts drastically longer.

2 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

So we've got cured meat and pemmican for protein, dried fruit and pemmican for fruit, and hardtack for grain... what are some long-term forms of vegetables and dairy I could add? 🤔
I know some kinds of cheese last a very long time. I think I had a brick of parmesan in my fridge for a couple years. 
Pickled veggies are alright, but I'm thinking of something that lasts drastically longer.

Pickling is definitely the main long term storage for veggies.  It's a good way to preserve eggs too.  I remember spending summers at my grandmothers helping her pickle and jar her garden veggies.

3 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

But that's already in the game! 

Wait... pickled eggs aren't in the game... 🤔

Oh you're right!  I've never used it because veggies last a very long time on their own in the game.  I think that should change.  There's no way that all my onions and carrots last for 90 days even in storage.

24 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Yes, that's the point of the one on the table.

I was thinking of being able to feed it with a hopper and have it dump the output into chests.  But now that I think about it I don't see how that would work considering it's input is more complicated than the quern.

Well, 1 liter of carrot juice will only refill maybe 1/3 of your health bar at most.  I think my main issue though is that bottles don't stack but other food items do.  You can even stack bowls of food as long as they have the same food in them.

Either way, it's not a huge issue.  I just wanted to mention it as a suggestion for possibly making liquids a bit more useful.

I totally see where you're coming from, but I think the issue is that you can't stack liquid containers together once they have something in them. Pretty sure that's vanilla behavior.

However, I could make liquid portions smaller, so you could fit 10 portions of juice in a bottle instead of just 4.

It would probably help if the game had a thirst mechanic.  One liter of any liquid would be good for a few days.

But more portions might work but I wouldn't want you to throw off your mods balance.  How are you factoring the satiety?  I just looked it up and a liter of carrot juice (for example) would equal about 400 real life calories.  That seems to track close to how you currently have it set.

I base all values in Expanded Foods on the vanilla saturation values and various multipliers I pulled out of my butt or derived from vanilla. Chopping food and tenderizing meat, for example, gives a +10% nutrition boost. Food that are in meals have 50% more nutrition than cooking them in the firepit (that's from vanilla). Stuff like that.

If squeezing more juice into bottles would make them feel better and more worth using, then I'm not afraid to do so.

I think the nutritional levels are fine the way you have them.  I just wish you could stack bottles.  Maybe like 5 bottle stacks?  If that's not technically possible maybe make it so that 1 liter gives you at least half your satiety back?

Hello! First off thank you very much for the work you put into this mod, it's practically essential! Recently on a small server for me and a few other people we've run into a problem where flattening meat boots you from the server due to some form of exception, I was wondering if you had any idea where we could start to find a resolution to this problem or if it's just caused by some other mod conflicts. Thanks in advance to anyone with advice!

3.7.2021 02:02:17 [Event] Player The5thBreaker got removed. Reason: Threw an exception at the server 3.7.2021 02:02:17 [Error] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.OnConsumedByCrafting(ItemSlot[] allInputSlots, ItemSlot stackInSlot, GridRecipe gridRecipe, CraftingRecipeIngredient fromIngredient, IPlayer byPlayer, Int32 quantity) at Vintagestory.API.Common.GridRecipe.ConsumeInputAt(IPlayer byPlayer, ItemSlot[] inputSlots, Int32 gridWidth, Int32 colStart, Int32 rowStart) at Vintagestory.API.Common.GridRecipe.ConsumeInput(IPlayer byPlayer, ItemSlot[] inputSlots, Int32 gridWidth) at Vintagestory.Common.InventoryCraftingGrid.ConsumeIngredients() at Vintagestory.Common.ItemSlotCraftingOutput.CraftSingle(ItemSlot sinkSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) at Vintagestory.Common.ItemSlotCraftingOutput.TryPutInto(ItemSlot sinkSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlotOutput.ActivateSlot(ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.ActivateSlot(Int32 slotId, ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) at Vintagestory.Common.InventoryCraftingGrid.ActivateSlot(Int32 slotId, ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) at Vintagestory.Common.InventoryNetworkUtil.HandleClientPacket(IPlayer byPlayer, Int32 packetId, _lHEgFNKFNR7OybtX0Okb3JLfdZU packet) at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemInventory.HandleActivateInventorySlot(_lHEgFNKFNR7OybtX0Okb3JLfdZU packet, ConnectedClient client) at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ProcessNetMessage(NetIncomingMessage msg, NetServer mainSocket)

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.