Expanded Foods 1.6.8

l33tmaan

29 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

I don't even think you need to put it in a barrel, although it's a good place to store it. You don't need to do anything to it except wait for 61 days.

61 days?!!  That's 6 months in game (for the default 9 day months).  Is that a real life number?  For as little as I'm getting from the trees that curing times seems long for in game.  Just my opinion, but you might want to tweak that to make it feasible for in game farming of resin.  

24 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

I didn't want it to be too easy, but... yeah, I might've gone overboard.

Go to assets/expandedfoods/itemtypes/liquid/softresin.json and change transitionHours to 432 instead. That's 2 months in game.

Cool.  I'll try that out and see how it balances.  Totally get not wanting it to be too easy.

Turns out the hyper-obvious thing I missed. 

The berries rotted by 1% while I was gathering the meat. Guess that's what I get for using berries on the brink of rotting. Didn't even bother to check them because I put them in first. I noticed briefly after I posted, sorry!

• Like 1

Playing on MP server.
Fresh resin (stored in saucepans) and wine dont seem to be cured/fermenting properly. I fear that the wine will get bad. Is tehre a way to track the progression? (Storing it in barrels and bottles)

Only option in the barrels is to let it ferment to vinegar. I am trying to get fine wine.

Edited by Assassinmaniac

Hi. I am currently working on huge food related update for my XSkills mod for the game upcoming 1.15 Version of the game. I think it would be fitting to finally add compatibility with expanded foods there. So i wanted to ask if it is possible to get a 1.15 compatible version of the mod just to test if things work?

• Mind=blown 2

@l33tmaan Just an FYI.  I reduced the cure time for the soft resin down to 10 hours to test it.  Nothing really happened after a few days.  If I'm storing the "fresh resin" in a barrel.  How exactly does it come out?  Is it supposed to turn into "resin" and put itself in the barrels inventory slot?

3 hours ago, JamesB said:

@l33tmaan Just an FYI.  I reduced the cure time for the soft resin down to 10 hours to test it.  Nothing really happened after a few days.  If I'm storing the "fresh resin" in a barrel.  How exactly does it come out?  Is it supposed to turn into "resin" and put itself in the barrels inventory slot?

My resin isn´t curing as well. Didn´t change the timer and I am storing in a sauce pan.

22 minutes ago, Pamela Wild said:

So, I'm confused about what this is?? How is it different than what you get from pine trees and what is it used for??

You can use the spile from this mode and plug it into a pine tree and place a bucket below it to gather "soft resin".  That soft resin should eventually turn into the same resin you get from the side of pine trees.  I have yet to see that happen in game as l33tmaan set the curing time to something like 6 in game months.  I've just been tweaking the times in the json to try and witness the soft resin turn into hard resin.

1 hour ago, JamesB said:

I've just been tweaking the times in the json to try and witness the soft resin turn into hard resin.

Don't try and tweak the cure time, tweak the game time. I accelerated my game time by several orders of magnitude and eventually saw the resin cure.

3 hours ago, JamesB said:

You can use the spile from this mode and plug it into a pine tree and place a bucket below it to gather "soft resin".  That soft resin should eventually turn into the same resin you get from the side of pine trees.  I have yet to see that happen in game as l33tmaan set the curing time to something like 6 in game months.  I've just been tweaking the times in the json to try and witness the soft resin turn into hard resin.

Got it.  Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.