Expanded Foods 1.6.8

l33tmaan

I can't get cottage cheese in salads to work.

According to the recipe it should work

{
			code: "cheese-extra...", 
			validStacks: [ 
				{ type: "item", code: "cheese-cheddar-1slice",  shapeElement: "bowl/cheese2/*", textureMapping: ["cheesebase", "cheese-cheddar-1slice"]  },
				{ type: "item", code: "cheese-blue-1slice",  shapeElement: "bowl/cheese2/*", textureMapping: ["cheesebase", "cheese-blue-1slice"]  },
				{ type: "item", code: "cottagecheeseportion",  shapeElement: "bowl/cheese2/*", textureMapping: ["cheesebase", "cottagecheesemelt"]  },
			],
			minQuantity: 0,
			maxQuantity: 1,
		},

but I cant get the recipe to snap. Tried 0.1L per veggy stack... no salad. Tried 1L per stack, no salad. Tried both quantities both directly as liquid and in a bowl. No salad. Tried both quantities in a bucket. No salad. Tried any liquid quantity between 0.1L & 3L in 0.1L increments. No salad 😒

Removing the cottage cheese the mixing bowl correctly indicates a salad output.

Something... something... weird. Or it's me. One of those.

• Like 1

Okay - some more bugs 😸

1. Yogurt and bottles dont play nice.

Stick Yogurt in a bottle and it will cure ages before it ever goes bad.
    Like:

- Will go bad in 50 days.
    - Will also no longer be yogurt in 10 days...
    Now imagine that in a bottlerack in a cellar: "Perishes: 1+ years, Cures: next week" 🤡

2. Yogurt is f***ed
    Having yogurt cure in a bottle will multiply sat values to insane numbers.
    image.png.2e57d4b1365cf1dfc4afd618fe8a6292.png
    Fruit (syrup) yogurts that cure in a bottle get extra extra spicy:
    image.png.6014b260b00864a12815c27f5c3796da.png
    I gotta try re-curing that bottle a few times. See what numbers I get 😆
  3. The mixing bowl can produce over output capacity and loose products
    I've had it happen with solid outputs where I left the output in until 1 full stack was in there. Then the "next" output gets ejected similar to a quern? But some items went missing.
    It's definitively bad with liquids:
    Stick 3L of wild yeast in there, plus two 3L stacks of water, plus two stacks of 3 bags of flour each.
    Mix twice. Max output capacity is 3L. The second stack of 3L of yeast simply drips to the floor. That should not happen. Maybe block with an error?
  4. Pressing pink or red apples will yield dehydrated yellow apples from the screwpress.
    Seems pressed apples always give dehydrated yellow apples from the mash. But I like my pink apples!
  5. The 8x hook clay molds forms are not aligned
    The clayforming voxel model & the final completed (unburned & burned) model for the 8x hook mold are not aligned. One has the hooks in east/west orientation, the other in north/south.
    image.png.972098bdfd5fc550e3d9182a53a74655.png
    Suggestion: rotate the clayforming pattern 90°.
  6. Some ingredient texts are missing:
    Presumably all chopped mushroom (all chopepd veggie?) texts for double (maybe also tripple?) soup ingredients are missing:
    image.png.5fa59aa97e38bb8d64bfe1432b2a4958.png
  7. Salad ingredients seem to be able to "rot" inside a meal
    Same meal, slightly different times. Seems the deluxe rye balls are rotting? (Because the only other fruit sat item is the syrup, and that has decades of time)
    image.png.cf3f75c2b30e1490a1787f1348502553.png
    image.png.36426b77adf253adcd727a6a7e544669.png
    Other thing, which I think was a salad:
    image.png.fc9bd9e7a9b5020ec58c81073a6c9ea9.png
  8. Sat & Hp numbers can get really "precise"
    Numbers should probably be trimmed.
    image.png.0f3377243d172637f7afe7ae3e1b6a37.png
  9. Bread-crumbs discard any extra nutrients.
    Grind this and it will ignore the dairy extras.
    image.png.0f3377243d172637f7afe7ae3e1b6a37.png
  10. The meat rack can sometimes give negative numbers for curing duration:
    image.png.fbf3623c93a8f60c0598696789282b68.png
    It seems this can happen if the item has not yet ticked. Maybe the info text could just display something "Should be about done" if the actual number is negative.

Edited by DoctorVanGogh
  • Like 1

I was going to ask for some recipes here because I tried to make noodles with sausages and... it was weird. Can I use raw sausages in the cooking pot? Because even the cooked ones were kinda hard to use at all, and the meal wasn't filling that much the bar. (maybe the eggs from More Animals won't give as much saturation as vanilla eggs?)

16 hours ago, Azuli_Yanazake said:

I was going to ask for some recipes here because I tried to make noodles with sausages and... it was weird. Can I use raw sausages in the cooking pot? Because even the cooked ones were kinda hard to use at all, and the meal wasn't filling that much the bar. (maybe the eggs from More Animals won't give as much saturation as vanilla eggs?)

There is currently a bug that makes most non vanilla meals (including noodles, salads, etc) give half the saturation that they say they should.
@l33tmaan has been wrangling with it for several months now.

• Like 1
  • Mind=blown 1

That explains why they aren't filling the hunger bar, but the recipes are still confusing in some parts anyway.

But is that the reason why pemmican wasn't filling as much as way back in 1.16/early 1.17?? I remember it being SUPER filling, and then the last time I made it it gave me nearly nothing, and I thought it was because I didn't use... what was it? Cloudberry? The super filling orange berry that spoils almost instantly and is hard to find? Wildcraft stuff, I believe.

Edited by Azuli_Yanazake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fancygoat said:

Hi, quick question, how do you get 0.1 L of a liquid? I were ale to atone point, but not anymore. I have upgraded my vintage story game to the latest version.

I could use the bowl earlier but now it gives 1L, the cup give 0,2 L 

CTRL + click with the bowl.

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.6.5

Updated to 1.6.5!

• Dehydrated fruits cure into the same amount of dried fruits (for real this time)
  • Handbook mentions that 1 L of broth is needed for meals
  • Handbook mentions acorn coffee recipe in Cooking 104
  • Non-vanilla fruit works in barrels
  • Vinegar barrel recipe re-added, you can turn berries into vinegar
  • Soft dough + 1 chopped pumpkin makes muffins, not dumplings
  • Fixed crashing the game in handbook for part baked tree-growing mushrooms (thanks to DoctorVanGogh)
  • Add simmering recipes for primitive survival meat types (thanks to DoctorVanGogh)
  • Primitive Survival crab meat can be used to make fish broth (thanks to DoctorVanGogh)
  • Cooked crab meat from Primtive Survival can be added to salads (thanks to DoctorVanGogh)
  • Honey pressing slightly tweaked (thanks to DoctorVanGogh)
  • Handbook crashing fixed! (thanks to DoctorVanGogh)
  • Snake meat included in salads
  • Fish broth renamed to Seafood broth
  • Seafood broth can be used in porridge as a topping
  • Cottage cheese in meals fixed (review Cooking 103 for updates)
  • Bread crumbs now usable as feed for poultry
  • Oil lamp recipe tweaked (thanks to Tels and SpearAndFang)
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Azuli_Yanazake said:

Oh gawd, I'll have to review translations, won't I? TwT

Would be easy if someone used tags on their source repo. Oh well. This should be it:

https://github.com/l33tmaan/EFRecipes/compare/cdebeb4fb1a41e93350ef6f58597a8a8ef6e9b76..master#diff-5f3e65bd2c76bb15d0a8c51e64549607a9ccebe9cea677f0ad594cc403223923

Currently it seems like salads hold individual rot values of whatever ingredients are used in them.  This is accurate to IRL since, well, it's a salad, but the meal itself does not reflect this in the stated expiry time, causing it to have one rotted ingredient before the rest rot, and the meal no longer edible.  I have not observed the same in cold pastas just yet, though usually I don't put about-to-expire-ingredients in pasta.  It also just occurs to me that this may also be a result of using herbs from a separate mod - will test this!  

Broths can be used in breads, but with meat and vegetable broths, the scale seems to be ever so slightly off, giving the following saturation with just plain rice flour + broth: 

Rice bread with meat broth:
+10 HP and +1250 protein sat.
Rice bread with Veggie broth:
+10 HP +1000 vegetable sat

I don't mind this so much since it allows me to make SUPER VEGGIE BREAD, but it sortof saps the fun out of adding herbs and fruit to them - it becomes a waste to add more ingredients to it since it will fill up your bar regardless.  I also assume it's a bug since the values don't really reflect in soups/stews if you use broth.  For reference, bone broth only gives +10 protein sat to bread.    

Is Juice meant to give more to soups than broth is?  I assume it's somehow related to balancing between saturation and expiration rate.  Also, I don't know if it is a bug, but it would be fun to have broth be drinkable from bottles and cups!  I play on a roleplay server, and having just straight broth to give to sick characters is nice.  

• Mind=blown 1

16 hours ago, Storyestry said:

Currently it seems like salads hold individual rot values of whatever ingredients are used in them.  This is accurate to IRL since, well, it's a salad, but the meal itself does not reflect this in the stated expiry time, causing it to have one rotted ingredient before the rest rot, and the meal no longer edible.

This had been an issue at least in 1.16.x, if not earlier .Though I was under the impression l33tman had fixed it.

On 2/14/2023 at 5:19 AM, DoctorVanGogh said:

Oh, good, it's just crab patties meat related stuff.

Updated to the latest version and all the candied fruit recipes seem to be broken. I tried a few different types in both a large and small cauldron (tried both 0.1 liter of syrup per berry and 1 liter, just in case) but they didn't work. :( My server literally just got to berry season and I harvested like 20 stacks of cranberries to make candy. 😭

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.