• Fermented yogurt can be sealed in barrels
  • Cured bushmeat can be used in meat stews/soup
  • Bottles display more info about the liquid they contain
  • Yogurt given extra nutrients, output doubled
  • Cheese may be used in hot pasta meals
  • Boiled eggs may be used to make fried balls
  • Like 1

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.3.12

I found the source of the problems with making breaded foods: You MUST have Acorns installed or it will not make the recipe. I came up with the hypothesis while looking at the recipes for some of the breaded foods and noticed that it can call for using acorn flour instead of normal grain flour. After testing with Acorns installed, I can now make breaded foods finally. Seems without Acorns installed, it just isn't able to read the recipe properly, I guess?

And this was tested with the newest version you just put out.

Edited by WesCookie
  • Mind=blown 1

I suppose that, in this case, the game unable to parse "acorns:flour-acorn" because when it looks for it, it just isn't there. Perhaps just a simple optional patch mod would suffice in this case? I think either that or make a whole 'nother recipe that that doesn't worry about using acorn flour at all.

I presume you're meant to just right click the mixing bowl to open the slots for mixing, correct? I stuck it on a log and i can do the lock/unlock part but nothing comes up. Is this something anyone else has experienced? I just wanted to make sausage!

11 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

The small mixing bowl... may or may not work. We're still working on figuring out exactly what the issue is. The larger mixing bowl should be fine.

Ah i see, I stuck a powered one together and it works, but I'd expected from the handbook to stuff aged meat and such into sausages, but perhaps thats "aging the sausage itself." I have the mods listed as compatible, but I can't actually seem to chop raw redmeat into nuggets, though fish nuggets work and show an actual recipe instead of a blank. The aged/cured ones didn't work when I tried and perhaps I missed the vintage sausage as well, and I'm unsure how this game works well enough to troubleshoot it.

Could I clear up the language in the handbook further? You use meat to make sausage and then age it. I suppose I could make a version that you create with aged meat that can't be cured further, but that seems unnecessary. 

You can't chop redmeat into nuggets, though? I'm able to do it. I even turned all my mods off and I can still do it...

2021-06-06_12-03-39.jpg.9f7b0f9f1acfd93cf575b563521c0eb5.jpg

3 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Could I clear up the language in the handbook further? You use meat to make sausage and then age it. I suppose I could make a version that you create with aged meat that can't be cured further, but that seems unnecessary. 

You can't chop redmeat into nuggets, though? I'm able to do it. I even turned all my mods off and I can still do it...

Sorry, I misunderstood the aged sausage bit due to the nugget names. They do indeed turn into aged sausage when I left them to cure on the hook. As to the actual meat nuggets, I thought it might be an issue with the Primitive Survival mod, maybe? Maybe I messed up and grabbed an incorrectversion somehow.

1.PNG

2.PNG

1 hour ago, Nomedable said:

The guidebook seems to be missing how to make tea. I figured it out after fiddling around, but it feels odd that the guidebook doesn't have the recipe.

D'oh! Sorry, I forgot.

50 minutes ago, Perdu said:

Sorry, I misunderstood the aged sausage bit due to the nugget names. They do indeed turn into aged sausage when I left them to cure on the hook. As to the actual meat nuggets, I thought it might be an issue with the Primitive Survival mod, maybe? Maybe I messed up and grabbed an incorrectversion somehow.

1.PNG

2.PNG

There's the issue - you need to tenderize meat with a rock, hammer, or mallet before you can chop it into tasty nuggets.

36 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

D'oh! Sorry, I forgot.

There's the issue - you need to tenderize meat with a rock, hammer, or mallet before you can chop it into tasty nuggets.

oh derp, I must have tried it with the aged stuff and gotten confused why it wasn't working last night. Sorry about that!

Updated to 1.3.13!

• Added recipe to make large hook mold
  • Lard recipe fixed
  • Breaded food recipes made properly compatible without Acorns
  • Full Alchemy support - sausage and meat can be hung from the herb rack!
  • Tea perish duration doubled
  • Tea added to handbook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.