Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

2 hours ago, Ghunther Quiller said:

9f469718d1c49323557ef1304e79bfa8.png.274b0e7e25f6e8c49a6053c300d30710.png

So, I'm trying to make vegetable broth. I've got 4 part baked vegetables and 4 liters of water in my saucepan (see picture) yet it's not doing anything. Anyone got some help? TIA

You need to put the water in the pan's slots after you have placed the pan in the firepit, not inside the pan's liquid container as you have.

On 2/21/2023 at 3:53 PM, Hells Razer said:

You need to put the water in the pan's slots after you have placed the pan in the firepit, not inside the pan's liquid container as you have.

I'm having similar issues making vegetable broth. I've every combination of water and part-baked (both whole vegetable and chopped) I could think of in the saucepan, and the recipe is just not showing up for me. Any idea what I might be doing wrong, or if there's known mod compatability issues? I've also been able to make candied berries, probably for the same reason that I can't make vegetable broth.

image.thumb.png.abc0e1dfe9567f34733f86f6d5c9f107.png

DISREGARD. Turns out it was working, but the recipe doesn't show up in the GUI and the green arrow doesn't fill up; the sauce pan "boil" animation/sound and raising temperature on the arrow were the only indication that it was happening.

Edited by Credinus
Issue resolved, user error

When I add this mod and try to start a world it just won't load. It'll be right there about to load up but nothing happens. It's just with this mod, and none of my others seem have an issue with loading the world in seconds. How do I fix this?

3 hours ago, KarsT said:

When I add this mod and try to start a world it just won't load. It'll be right there about to load up but nothing happens. It's just with this mod, and none of my others seem have an issue with loading the world in seconds. How do I fix this?

Have you installed Culinary Artillery? That's also required for this mod to work.

• Like 1

What does "nothing happens" mean? What error message is it throwing? I can't really tell from your description. Are you starting a new world, and it gets up to the spot where the sets of dots appear repeatedly at the bottom of the loading display? And then the error handler pops up?

Reason I'm asking all this is as near as I can tell, you are encountering a mapgen issue, but to the best of my knowledge, there's no mapgen in this mod.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

What does "nothing happens" mean? What error message is it throwing? I can't really tell from your description. Are you starting a new world, and it gets up to the spot where the sets of dots appear repeatedly at the bottom of the loading display? And then the error handler pops up?

Reason I'm asking all this is as near as I can tell, you are encountering a mapgen issue, but to the best of my knowledge, there's no mapgen in this mod.

Yes, that is exactly what is happening. Everything finishes like it is about to load up the world, the three dots appear and then keep loading but then nothing else happens. It just stays stuck in that position loading the entire time. 

I know it's only this mod because I went through all my mods one by one loading up the world to make sure they work. IDk how to fix this or what to do. 

Are you running on 1.17 or 1.18? How do you get out of that condition? Does it eventually say, "...it Sighs", or does it crash to desktop or what?

And did I understand you correctly that when the only 5 mods you have loaded are Creative, Survival, Essentials, Culinary Artillery and Expanded Foods, it does that? Or is it that when you remove EF, you can now load? If the latter, I would suspect a circular dependency chain. EF has so many optional dependencies that problems can be not only inconsistent, but really bizarre. For example, Cuniculture causes problems with EF. No idea if it's just that some resource has been reused and overwritten or if there is a dependency issue (seems unlikely) but it is what it is. Leave Cuniculture out and things load fine.

Sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but the only real way to tell is to start with the 5 mods, then add stuff that it has optional dependencies on, like Primitive Survival, Wildcraft, Acorns, Alchemy, More Animals, Ancient Tools, um... I'm sure I'm missing a few there, but I'm drawing a blank. You can read through these 83 pages and try to find them or just go on to the next phase -- adding in the rest of the mods a few at a time until you find whatever it is that causes issues.

[EDIT]

Dopey me, the very first post lists compatibility. I missed Wild Farming, but I don't think it works. And I'm sure he's got stuff in there from Alchemy and Ancient Tools. 

[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]

Oh, and don't do this with your old world. Create a new one each time. Delete the whole mess when you figure out which one (or more) is the problem. Then try to load the your old world with a modlist you know works, and if that crashes, try to load it in repair mode. But I know for a fact that 1.17.11 should work with ACA, EF, Primitive Survival and Wildcraft because I just tested it on my machine, just to make sure.

[/EDIT2]

Edited by Thorfinn
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

Are you running on 1.17 or 1.18? How do you get out of that condition? Does it eventually say, "...it Sighs", or does it crash to desktop or what?

And did I understand you correctly that when the only 5 mods you have loaded are Creative, Survival, Essentials, Culinary Artillery and Expanded Foods, it does that? Or is it that when you remove EF, you can now load? If the latter, I would suspect a circular dependency chain. EF has so many optional dependencies that problems can be not only inconsistent, but really bizarre. For example, Cuniculture causes problems with EF. No idea if it's just that some resource has been reused and overwritten or if there is a dependency issue (seems unlikely) but it is what it is. Leave Cuniculture out and things load fine.

Sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but the only real way to tell is to start with the 5 mods, then add stuff that it has optional dependencies on, like Primitive Survival, Wildcraft, Acorns, Alchemy, More Animals, Ancient Tools, um... I'm sure I'm missing a few there, but I'm drawing a blank. You can read through these 83 pages and try to find them or just go on to the next phase -- adding in the rest of the mods a few at a time until you find whatever it is that causes issues.

[EDIT]

Dopey me, the very first post lists compatibility. I missed Wild Farming, but I don't think it works. And I'm sure he's got stuff in there from Alchemy and Ancient Tools. 

[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]

Oh, and don't do this with your old world. Create a new one each time. Delete the whole mess when you figure out which one (or more) is the problem. Then try to load the your old world with a modlist you know works, and if that crashes, try to load it in repair mode. But I know for a fact that 1.17.11 should work with ACA, EF, Primitive Survival and Wildcraft because I just tested it on my machine, just to make sure.

[/EDIT2]

I did try but I think it's just weirdly broken for me, but thank you. I appreciate your help. Maybe it's just a me issue lol. I'll try again when a new update happens for the mod or something. Thank you!

OK. Worldgen is always kind of a crapshoot. You can have the same modlist and it works 10 times in a row, then the 11th crashes. I think probably its just that some mapgen feature happened to be spawned in your starting location. If you have tried loading your world in repair mode and it didn't work, I fear you are probably not going to get it back, at least with EF included. 

It bothers me that as you read through, say, server-main.txt that there are all kinds of mods that have unresolved warning issues. For example, I kind of wonder if Culinary Artillery and Primitive Survival both neglected to define an optional dependency on Wildcraft Trees, because according to the load order, those tree types have not been defined before ACA and PS try to use them in recipes. Depending on what else is in a modlist, it might yank the mods into the right load order anyway and mask the problem. Thus what appears to be caused by one mod is really the product of some other unrelated shuffling in the background.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 9:45 PM, Thorfinn said:

OK. Worldgen is always kind of a crapshoot. You can have the same modlist and it works 10 times in a row, then the 11th crashes. I think probably its just that some mapgen feature happened to be spawned in your starting location. If you have tried loading your world in repair mode and it didn't work, I fear you are probably not going to get it back, at least with EF included. 

It bothers me that as you read through, say, server-main.txt that there are all kinds of mods that have unresolved warning issues. For example, I kind of wonder if Culinary Artillery and Primitive Survival both neglected to define an optional dependency on Wildcraft Trees, because according to the load order, those tree types have not been defined before ACA and PS try to use them in recipes. Depending on what else is in a modlist, it might yank the mods into the right load order anyway and mask the problem. Thus what appears to be caused by one mod is really the product of some other unrelated shuffling in the background.

Hi question, I've been fooling around to try and get it to work. I've gone to App Data, roaming, Vintagestorydata.

I found my mods folder inside but it doesn't have the expanded foods mod or the culinary mod. Those I found in Cache folder then unpack folder, but unzipped.

Could this the problem? Or would I be destroying the game if I move them?

Thank you! 

Oh, then you probably somehow got them in in Roaming\Vintagestory\Mods instead of Roaming\VintagestoryData\Mods. If so, make sure those are the correct ones for the version you are using, move them to VintagestoryData\Mods (or just redownload them -- they are pretty tiny unless you are using an acoustic modem) and re-delete the Cache directory.

[EDIT]

Make sure you don't leave them in the executable's directory. I'm pretty sure the Mod Manager can figure out what to do with different versions in different locations, as I made that exact mistake back in 1.14 or 1.15, but I really don't have any idea what it does with similar versions.

[/EDIT]

They should be fine zipped or unzipped. Moving them from Cache will probably just copy them back and leave them in Mods as well. But I'd prefer to go with the known quantity. I'd just delete the cache folder, re-download them, then open the game, go to Mod Manager, click on Open Mods Folder, then copy from downloads to the Mods directory that VS opened for you. Click on Reload Mods and see what happens. I just verified that process works for my install.

Good luck!

[EDIT2]

I don't think deleting Cache will ever cause a problem. When the game loads the mods, it unzips everything in Mods into Cache. Deleting Cache would have just let you know you were missing the two mods without having to go hunting for them.

I probably overdo deleting cache -- I do it every time I change my modlist.

[/EDIT2]

[EDIT3]

A thought. Delete the Cache folder, restart the game, open the Cache folder and see if ACA and EF are there. If so, you need to find where those copies are and get rid of them. Most likely they are in the Mods folder in the executable directory.

[/EDIT3]

Edited by Thorfinn
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

Oh, then you probably somehow got them in in Roaming\Vintagestory\Mods instead of Roaming\VintagestoryData\Mods. If so, make sure those are the correct ones for the version you are using, move them to VintagestoryData\Mods (or just redownload them -- they are pretty tiny unless you are using an acoustic modem) and re-delete the Cache directory.

[EDIT]

Make sure you don't leave them in the executable's directory. I'm pretty sure the Mod Manager can figure out what to do with different versions in different locations, as I made that exact mistake back in 1.14 or 1.15, but I don't know what it does with similar versions.

[/EDIT]

They should be fine zipped or unzipped. Moving them from Cache will probably just copy them back and leave them in Mods as well. But I'd prefer to go with the known quantity. I'd just delete the cache folder, re-download them, then open the game, go to Mod Manager, click on Open Mods Folder, then copy from downloads to the Mods directory that VS opened for you. Click on Reload Mods and see what happens. I just verified that process works for my install.

Good luck!

[EDIT2]

I don't think deleting Cache will ever cause a problem. When the game loads the mods, it unzips everything in Mods into Cache. Deleting Cache would have just let you know you were missing the two mods without having to go hunting for them.

I probably overdo deleting cache -- I do it every time I change my modlist.

[/EDIT2]

[EDIT3]

A thought. Delete the Cache folder, restart the game, open the Cache folder and see if ACA and EF are there. If so, you need to find where those copies are and get rid of them. Most likely they are in the Mods folder in the executable directory.

[/EDIT3]

What's the executable directory? I can;t seem to find that. 

5 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

By default, AppsData\Roaming\Vintagestory

I don't seem to have that. In either of the vintage Story files under Roaming

Also, do I need the item's dates 2/6/23?

Thank you for your help with this. I really appreciate it. If you get annoyed please tell me. I don't want to be bugging you too much. 

image.thumb.png.cc336a58d117be954833fb84586d4c6c.png

Edited by KarsT

Marvelous. Delete the Cache directory in your VintagestoryData directory, then restart VS. I'm guessing Mod Manager will not show ACA or EF. If that's the case, and you trust that you have the correct version of them in your downloads folder, then click on Open Mods Folder and copy them in. If you are not sure, download them again, then copy them in. Then click on Reload Mods

Edited by Thorfinn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

Marvelous. Delete the Cache directory in your VintagestoryData directory, then restart VS.

Still doesn't work. Everything else does expect for Expanded Foods. I have redownloaded the game. Every single mod. I honestly don't know what else to do.

Thank you so much for helping me. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.