Expanded Foods 1.6.8

l33tmaan

1 hour ago, Pamela Wild said:

Sooooo, are you working on updating to 1.16?  Also, do you know when we will be switching to Wildcraft from Wild Farming for herbs??

I don't know that, no. I am working on updating to 1.16, but I've been playing around with More Roads to get used to the new liquid mechanics. All I know right now is that I get a bunch of errors when I try to load EF in 1.16. 😅

23 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Uhh, the game doesn't crash when you try and load Expanded Foods into 1.16? Lucky you!

heh :D no , this mod was on my server, till yesterday ... but when I realized that food cooking is almost not working , I disabled it temporarily :) waiting for update, because your mod is almost the best and must have mod to play VS :)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Image image.png.e9448defd5d252408bf0dc49e51157c9.png image.png.e625ac62b377bec14856f33cfb226a4a.png 2022-01-13_11-38-06.png.98f36a590718bd154a89db241fc028c4.png

I got things running again! It looks like a few things are still working, but the bottles, bottle rack, and clay oven are going to need some more love. I need to test some more, but things are looking good!

Nice i can hardly wait for it to be updated for 1.16

3 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Speaking of 1.16, I have a question about the screw press: Should I just remove mine now, or leave them in but non-functional for an update or two before getting rid of them?

I'd say remove your press, as long as it's not too much trouble to move all the recipes that used your press over to the vanilla game's press.

I'll be honest, while I do have it mostly operational in-game, the errors that I'm running into at this point are a little over my head. Tyron's told me exactly what to fix for some issues, but my problem is that I don't know C# enough to know how to fix it. I've been able to get things mostly running, but now that Visual Studio isn't showing simple errors to fix and I have to deal with more complicate ones, it's... difficult. I'm trying, and people have been very helpful, and if I can get something runnable out within the next 2 weeks, I will. 
Right now, I'm getting some weird reports in my logs when I place ANY block, not just Expanded Foods ones... so I'm trying to tackle that right now. I think if I released what I have right now, people wouldn't be able to place cauldrons or saucepans on the ground if they have any liquid, making the sealing function useless. The oven is also totally broken, as is the bottle rack. Bottles also have a liquid duplication bug right now that's even worse than the old one. 😰

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

Good news: Thanks to some help, the saucepan is... mostly working. It can't rotate or pick up water from blocks, and it seems to be incapable of putting liquids in the mixing bowl, but the crashing has stopped. The oven also seems to be working fine, too - but something's busted with the way the game calculates extra nutrition. It seems to not be applying the normal multipliers from burning food. 
I also think the liquid duplication bug might be a vanilla oversight? Who knows. I'm looking into it.

• Like 3
  • Cookie time 2
  • Thanks 2

The liquid duplication bug is probably not a vanilla oversight. Oh boy.
I've been able to get things to a somewhat stable state. The bottles are still funky, as are interactions with liquid containers and the mixing bowl. Extra nutrition seems to be working fine.

Regardless, things seem okay enough to get something released. Expect a lot of weirdness. I haven't even reconfigured any of the boiling recipes or anything to do with liquid portions. Still, I feel bad for going so long without releasing anything. Keep in mind that this is a pre-release! Not even a release candidate! Things WILL get weird and you WILL get errors. I haven't run into any obvious crashes in a while, though.

WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS UPDATE ON WORLDS YOU ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT. SERIOUSLY!

Please tell me of any bugs you encounter. Or if you actually figure out how to fix some of them, that would be swell.

ExpandedFoods 1.5.3.pre.zip

• Like 5

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.5.3.pre

Man, seems like you have a lot of work ahead of you. Wish you the best. And I'd say that you shouldn't worry about not posting for a while. Take your time, because it's a large mod and there have been many updates to the base game mechanics. Kind of like how the slow roast is the most tender, right?

Also, that spaghetti texture is very blursed and I love it.

34 minutes ago, Vincent Morgan said:

Man, seems like you have a lot of work ahead of you. Wish you the best. And I'd say that you shouldn't worry about not posting for a while. Take your time, because it's a large mod and there have been many updates to the base game mechanics. Kind of like how the slow roast is the most tender, right?

Also, that spaghetti texture is very blursed and I love it.

I think the worst is behind me for now. I hope! And yeah, the pile of spaghetti is weird. I'm not sure how to make it look more... natural, I guess? Maybe with a better texture.

15 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

That's cool. I don't care about any of my worlds. 😀 Kind of like Gallagher -- I don't want to run the place, I just want to set them up.

Well, any worlds you make now might get busted with some update. I don't know for sure. Just being careful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.