Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

15 minutes ago, PABadger said:

Yeah, tried rice and bean in the first two slots, then rice and chopped carrot. No joy either time. Rice in the first two slots makes porridge. I figured if it was a mixing bowl recipe, the handbook would mention that.

That should be it and it works for me... are you running any other mods Expanded Foods is compatible with? 

acorns and primitive survival are the ones directly related to foods. Full List: Anvil metal recovery. workbench expansion, medieval expansion, hud clock, farmland drops soil, carry capacity, bullseye, tradeomat, spyglass, primitive survival, acorns, extra chests, better crates, animal cages. I can create a whole new world and retest with just expanded foods

Gelatin is also down for me. Not sure what other recipes to try that might be affected.

Edited by PABadger

Okay, this is starting to look like a problem with another mod. Turned off everything except EF, now it's working. I'll start turning stuff back on, and see if I can figure out which mod it is.

As of five minutes later: okay, interesting. When I reload my world, I can make bone broth and salt, but it won't tell me that it's making it. It cooks, I just won't see the recipe on the dialogue box. Same thing with juice to syrup. So I have to know it's going to work, it won't say it's going to work. Pilaf is also working again.

Edited by PABadger

image.png.0f22fa520e583b7027ddf84bb5c455a0.png

now it's working in my main save which is all I wanted, I have EF at the top of my mod list, not sure if that helps but I got results, to get it at the top I removed all mods except EF, restarted the game and re-added all the other mods. Again I have no clue if that even does anything but it's working as of now for now

Also now I can make broth but at a higher quantity than normal, isn't 4 the max bones usually allowed in the sauce pan at once?

edit : pre-gel works now for me and raw gel, all the way to flavored gelatin works fine

edit 2: also pilaf is working for me

image.png.c300f411e22782c073d2f2d510a63612.pngimage.png.d3a058c81f139730a906768e48c883ca.pngimage.png.63df6538c7ed90e656dbd7a3dc0d9115.pngimage.png.11cfa565b6ff92b856058fcfb1ebe0d2.pngimage.png.7db44a2d3ad5679aa0b0077a3abdeb99.png

Edited by Minnigin

Yeah, when I load up Vintage Story and go into my test world with Expanded Foods, Acorns, Primitive Survival, Wildcraft, and Wild Farming active, everything works fine. When I leave that world but not the game and enter it again, all of the simmering recipes in the saucepan stop working. I'm still able to make pilaf.

This happens even if I don't have any other mods installed. This is pretty funky, but at least it's consistent for me now. 

I have no idea how Minnigin got it working. 😂 😭

2 hours ago, Minnigin said:

Can't make pies out of soft dough, wouldn't let me put top dough on and when you pick up the pie after putting 4 ingredients in it just gives you all the items back, some are even invisible in your slot bar until you click them and some just disappear.

Does it do that consistently?

15 minutes ago, Dylan Walters said:

Can confirm that the Acorns mod is incompatible for the time being. It also seems that the fish sauce / fish compatibility no longer will work until one or the other is updated for the time being. It's just completely gone from all my containers 

What about that version I posted a page ago? And what's gone, the fish sauce or your fish?

22 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

What about that version I posted a page ago? And what's gone, the fish sauce or your fish?

Seems that all the fish compatibility recipes cannot be found in the handbook nor in creative mode, so all fish recipes, like smashed fish, or fish nuggets, are no longer an item to be found, and all instances of fish sauce in particular are completely gone. At this moment I have both the latest version of EF and PS.

15 minutes ago, Dylan Walters said:

Seems that all the fish compatibility recipes cannot be found in the handbook nor in creative mode, so all fish recipes, like smashed fish, or fish nuggets, are no longer an item to be found, and all instances of fish sauce in particular are completely gone. At this moment I have both the latest version of EF and PS.

They are both turned on, right?

1 minute ago, Dylan Walters said:

Yes, that's correct, even when turning off all other mods except for those two the issue persists 

That doesn't even begin to make sense, but I'm on vacation right now and I won't really be at my computer for the next week, so I won't be able to test anything until then. But I have never, ever had that problem. NOTHING shows up? No fish sushi, no fish sauce, no fish gelatin, no weird sausage, nothing?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.