Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

Just now, l33tmaan said:

That doesn't even begin to make sense, but I'm on vacation right now and I won't really be at my computer for the next week, so I won't be able to test anything until then. But I have never, ever had that problem. NOTHING shows up? No fish sushi, no fish sauce, no fish gelatin, no weird sausage, nothing?

Unfortunately, that's also correct ^^', while the fish can still be used as a meat replacement component in some recipes since it's tagged as such, the fish based recipes just simply aren't there for some reason, going through the handbook with the search of fish shows nothing but the PS original recipes, as for the sushi, only the veg rolls are there. aa00a5b39e50105a15bde9038fc2db4d.pnge7cd41b3fa672f9572da045172e3eb26.png0f338a8eead23d946abb13aee43f1ad6.pngf7dad64d1d21881bbf80bcd0acf84f27.png

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

That shouldn't be possible. Do your logs say anything?

Yes, actually, as I was digging through the debug logs, it seems as though the compatibility patches can't parse fish fillets as a compatible item despite having the full range of the different possible kneading and grid recipe types in the flag checks. It looks like it attempts to check for them multiple times and gives me errors like:

21.12.2021 22:31:50 [VerboseDebug] Patch 0 in expandedfoods:patches/compatibility/primitivesurvival/fish.json: File primitivesurvival:itemtypes/fishing/fishfillet.json not found. Hint: This asset is usually only loaded Server side

21.12.2021 22:31:50 [VerboseDebug] Patch 1 in expandedfoods:patches/compatibility/primitivesurvival/nugget.json: File expandedfoods:recipes/grid/primitivesurvival/fishnugget.json not found. Hint: This asset is usually only loaded Server side

21.12.2021 22:31:50 [VerboseDebug] Patch 3 in expandedfoods:patches/compatibility/primitivesurvival/foodpatches.json: File expandedfoods:recipes/kneading/primitivesurvival/fishdumpling.json not found. Hint: This asset is usually only loaded Server side

I admittedly don't know very much about coding, but to me it almost seems like it can't find any of the items by name in the mod's .json collection. If I'm doing something wrong, my deepest apologies, I have no clue how to fix it. 😰

client-debug.txt

Edited by Dylan Walters

1 hour ago, Dylan Walters said:

21.12.2021 22:35:07 [Warning] [alchemy] Failed parsing version string '1.4.02' at index 5: PATCH version contains leading zero (best guess: 1.4.2)
21.12.2021 22:35:07 [Error] Multiple mods share the mod ID 'creative' ('VSCreativeMod.dll', 'VSCreativeMod.dll'). Will only load the first one.
21.12.2021 22:35:07 [Error] Multiple mods share the mod ID 'game' ('VSEssentials.dll', 'VSEssentials.dll'). Will only load the first one.
21.12.2021 22:35:07 [Error] Multiple mods share the mod ID 'survival' ('VSSurvivalMod.dll', 'VSSurvivalMod.dll'). Will only load the first one.

Well, that can't be good. I recommend doing a fresh install or something.

10 hours ago, Dylan Walters said:

Yeah you've got some stuff going on there for sure.

1.  If you have the "CompatibilityLib" mod in your mods folder, remove it.  That functionality was added to the base game long ago, so it can only cause you grief.

2. Your core game looks a little mucked up.  ..\roaming\vintagestory\mods should contain the core (vanilla) mods - i.e. vsCreativeMod.dll, vsEssentials.dll, vsSurvivalMod.dll, and maybe vsModLauncher.dll.  The other mods should probably all be living in ..\roaming\vintagestorydata\mods.  It looks like you *might* have the core mods (dll's) in both places? 

Note: These types of error messages don't mean anything:
21.12.2021 22:31:50 [VerboseDebug] Patch 3 in expandedfoods:patches/compatibility/primitivesurvival/foodpatches.json: File expandedfoods:recipes/kneading/primitivesurvival/fishdumpling.json not found. Hint: This asset is usually only loaded Server side

Like l33tmaan hints at, focus on getting the [error] messages out of server-main.txt and client-main.txt.  Although I don't think you will be able to resolve that Alchemy mod issue, it seems to be a versioning problem.

19 minutes ago, Dylan Walters said:

Oh boy, gotcha. A fresh install of the mods or of the VS version?

See my previous reply.

It's always a good idea to ensure that your mods are up-to-date (don't use any 1.16.x versions with 1.15.10 though, they probably wont work).  I'm not sure that a full game install will fix one of your main issues - as I mentioned, I *think* you have some dll files in VintageStoryData\mods that don't belong there.  If never hurts to do a full install though.

If I had to guess, CompatibilityLib is causing the original issue that you reported.  

Also, make sure you don't have two different versions of any one mod. That can spell disaster. Even if you tuck them away in a sub-folder inside the mods folder, it can still cause problems.

Edited by Spear and Fang
  • Cookie time 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spear and Fang said:

See my previous reply.

It's always a good idea to ensure that your mods are up-to-date (don't use any 1.16.x versions with 1.15.10 though, they probably wont work).  I'm not sure that a full game install will fix one of your main issues - as I mentioned, I *think* you have some dll files in VintageStoryData\mods that don't belong there.  If never hurts to do a full install though.

If I had to guess, CompatibilityLib is causing the original issue that you reported.  

Also, make sure you don't have two different versions of any one mod. That can spell disaster. Even if you tuck them away in a sub-folder inside the mods folder, it can still cause problems.

That was it completely! I thought I had deleted CompatibilityLib when I was updating my mods, especially when I was testing out just the singular mod interactions and turning everything else off but I suppose not, and now everything is back. Thank you all so very much for the help! Sorry that I caused confusion with this! 😭

• Like 2

I've heard that potentially adding "2" to the end of the filename of whatever recipe isn't working for you might fix the problem? I believe the specific example was going to game/recipes/cooking/riceandbeans.json and renaming it to riceandbeans2.json. Could someone try that out?

On 12/27/2021 at 12:27 PM, l33tmaan said:

I've heard that potentially adding "2" to the end of the filename of whatever recipe isn't working for you might fix the problem? I believe the specific example was going to game/recipes/cooking/riceandbeans.json and renaming it to riceandbeans2.json. Could someone try that out?

Seems to work. Thanks for that.

Once I turned off the acorns mod, everything else seemed to work pretty well. It's unfortunate not having that mod, but oh, well.

1 hour ago, PABadger said:

Seems to work. Thanks for that.

Once I turned off the acorns mod, everything else seemed to work pretty well. It's unfortunate not having that mod, but oh, well.

That's no good! Can you turn Acorns back on and navigate to expandedfoods/patches/compatibility/acorn/riceandbeansrecipe and make sure you change the file paths to include the 2 as well, then try to toss a handful of acorns into your pilaf?

What I meant was, it seems like Acorns is the mod that's breaking the other simmering recipes as well. Not sure why, but all my testing keeps bringing me back to Acorns as the culprit.

But yeah, I'll give it a shot. Should I pm you with the results on VS discord, or report them here?

3 hours ago, PABadger said:

What I meant was, it seems like Acorns is the mod that's breaking the other simmering recipes as well. Not sure why, but all my testing keeps bringing me back to Acorns as the culprit.

But yeah, I'll give it a shot. Should I pm you with the results on VS discord, or report them here?

Sure, post it here.

I accessed the compatibility file for Acorns, and added the “2” to both riceandbeans and simmering recipes, then opened VS with a new world in creative mode. Tested with both saucepan and cauldron. Primary testing with full mod suite on, secondary limited testing with only Acorns and EF active. I tested any recipe that appeared to use the phrase “boil” or “simmer” in the handbook.

Results:

Recipes That Worked Okay

Pilaf

All fruit and sap Syrup

Any Acorn breaded meat, fish, or veg

Salt

Raw Soy milk

Pasturized milk

Pasta

Recipes not functioning

Bone Broth

Pre-Gelatin

Gelatin (any)

Boiled Egg

Any non-acorn breaded meat, fish, or veg frying in lard

Full mod suite includes:

Acorns 0.5.0

Animal Cages 2.0.3

Better Crates 1.3.4-rc-2

Expanded Foods 1.5.1

Extra Chests 1.4.0-rc.2

Primitive Survival2.7.3

Spyglass 0.4.0

TradeOMat 1.15.10

Wildcraft 1.0.3

Bullseye 2.2.2

Carry Capacity 0.6.3

Farmland Drops Soil 1.4.0

From Golden Combs 1.3.5-rc6

HUD Clock 2.5.0

Medieval Expansion 3.6.1

Workbench expansion 1.3.2

Anvil Metal Recovery+ 0.1.15

Bricklayers 0.6.0

I rifled through the rest of the EF file, but was unable to find the other simmering recipes to see if adding the "2" could work on them. Let me know if there's any further testing I can assist with.

I was unable to find any problems with primitive survival's fish with that mod suite.

Edited by PABadger
  • Like 1

Full disclosure: I may or may not have covid right now, so I've been a bit sluggish this week, sorry.

Anyway, those are some very interesting discrepancies you've posted. When you say 'Pasta', do you mean the cut noodles + water in a saucepan or cauldron? That recipe is nearly identical to the one for bone broth and boiled eggs, and none of those get touched when you have other mods installed. What about if you try acorn pasta?

• Sad 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.