Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

Interesting point: I saw two "pasta noodle" in the creative inventory, and tested the first one. Retesting using spelt and acorn flour, I find that the pasta which uses the acorn flour cooks, while the pasta using the spelt flour does not.

Sorry to hear that you're feeling sick and sluggish. Take care of yourself, and hope you feel better soon.

Edited by PABadger
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I guess it all comes back to Acorns... still doesn't explain what's going on with bone broth, though. Thanks for the info, I'll play around with the patches later.

Doing my own testing... Bone Broth is somehow breaking due to Wild Farming, of all things. Removed all other mods except the base ones (survival, creative, etc.) and only have EF and Wild Farming.

Yeah... I'm no coding wizard, so I can't seem to help here beyond identifying the root incompatibility, sorry. I've searched Simmerrecipes, waterportion, broth, wildfarming, etc. with winrar trough all the files of EF... not getting any hits that seem out of place or wonky.

The simmerrecipe for herbal tea seems to work fine, found nothing to break broth recipe... Im at a loss.

12 minutes ago, PABadger said:

Huh. That's weird, because I don't have Wild Farming installed as a mod. Is it something about mods in general breaking the bone broth?

Honestly? I'm not sure. When you mentioned this I decided to check EF + Primitive survival instead to see if it was how the game was adding recipes to the saucepan and somehow overriding base recipes (the code in the Wild Farming patch to saucepan is set up identical in function to the primitive survival stuff) but bone broth worked fine.

I have several mods in common with your list, but at this point it's sort of a moot point when I only have those two enabled lol.

Ok. Update to this, I think I was... 'close'? I'm still not sure how or why, but its definitely something to do with the saucepan's default recipes breaking. Bone Broth, all gelatin types, boiled egg, saguaro syrup, pretty much anything on the saucepan.json recipe list breaks with Wild Farming installed.

• Sad 1

I... I think I got it! Huh. That's... actually really strange.

1 hour ago, PABadger said:

Huh. That's weird, because I don't have Wild Farming installed as a mod. Is it something about mods in general breaking the bone broth?

It was actually... really dumb how it worked. And the reason it was affecting YOU despite not having Wild Farming? Both Wild Farming and Acorns has this coding error... Primitive Survival doesn't. That's why it worked.

Screenshot_14.png

Screenshot_15.png

Screenshot_16.png

Screenshot_17.png

Screenshot_18.png

46 minutes ago, Zeorik said:

That one pair of [ ] somehow broke all the default recipes of the saucepan... how, I'll probably never know.

That's because it was overwriting the default recipes instead of adding to them. Is what you're looking at the RC version I put out a few pages ago, or the one off the ModDB? I'm pretty sure I caught that and fixed it in the RC.

8 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

That's because it was overwriting the default recipes instead of adding to them. Is what you're looking at the RC version I put out a few pages ago, or the one off the ModDB? I'm pretty sure I caught that and fixed it in the RC.

Off mod DB from dec. 18th, as I was unaware any other versions existed. If that's the case check Acorns AND wild farming to make sure both are fixed properly, as it soundds like the other person still has the issue

On 12/17/2021 at 6:05 PM, l33tmaan said:

Can you do me a favor and try this out?

Expanded Foods 1.5.1 (RC).zip 3.73 MB · 10 downloads

I was having some compatibility issues with Anvil Metal Recovery when trying to create expanded pies, but this version resolved it. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Actually, it only worked once before returning to the default behavior of being unable to mix pie ingredients.

Edited by seeker285
I was wrong

52 minutes ago, seeker285 said:

I was having some compatibility issues with Anvil Metal Recovery when trying to create expanded pies, but this version resolved it. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Actually, it only worked once before returning to the default behavior of being unable to mix pie ingredients.

Do you mean you try and make the pie and the ingredients kind of 'explode' instead of making the pie?

1 hour ago, Zeorik said:

Yeah, everything seems good with the RC version with my pack. Acorn noodles work fine, bone broth's working properly... Don't see any issues really.

That's a good sign... let me know if you have further issues.

11 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Do you mean you try and make the pie and the ingredients kind of 'explode' instead of making the pie?

That's a good sign... let me know if you have further issues.

Can confirm Seeker285's post: It'll say "You cannot add ingredients to other pir types" or something similar. Basically the default pie error message

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, l33tmaan said:

When Anvil Metal Recovery is disabled, I'm able to mix such ingredients as aged bushmeat and dried cranberries into a pie. However, when Anvil Metal Recovery is enabled, it shows the "can't mix fillings from different food categories" message.

2021-12-31_13-55-27.png

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, seeker285 said:

When Anvil Metal Recovery is disabled, I'm able to mix such ingredients as aged bushmeat and dried cranberries into a pie. However, when Anvil Metal Recovery is enabled, it shows the "can't mix fillings from different food categories" message.

LOLWUT | Know Your Meme

• Haha 1

Uhhh... I'll go drop @Melchior a comment on the AMR mod page. Might be a little redundant since I'm also tagging him here, but I've got an ExpandedDough class that's tied to pie-making... but I haven't used AMR ever since XSkills added a similar feature, so I'm kind of clueless on what the disconnect is here. If I had to guess, AMR touches something the ExpandedDough class also touches, and AMR is overwriting it.

Maybe. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For 1.16? Hah, I have a ton to do. I haven't even looked at it in-depth yet, but it crashes when I try and load into a world with it. Between that, the new fruits and mushrooms, the revamped liquid system, the new fruit press... definitely gonna take a while.

Updated to 1.5.2!
Nothing too crazy, it's just the RC file from a few pages ago, now up on the mod DB since it seems to be alleviating people's issue.

I'm feeling pretty good now, so I promise I'll update the original post with all the new stuff tomorrow.

Also, it was, in fact, coronavirus. How fun!

Edited by l33tmaan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.