Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

20 hours ago, DX65 said:

and been stuck on /time speed 0

This does not affect your hunger rate, only the growth rate. Your crops and berry bushes will not mature, and you will continue to get hungry. If you want to reduce the amount of hunger per in-game day, you have to increase time. Say /time speed 120. That would make crops grow twice as fast, but since your hunger rate is real, in-life time, you will soon have way too much food.

Or at least that used to be how it worked...

[EDIT]

/time speed 0 should only be used if you need to keep it light long enough to get a torch, or if you are just exploring. You can't keep up with food at speed 0 unless you are always moving.

[/EDIT]

Edited by Thorfinn

15 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

This does not affect your hunger rate, only the growth rate. Your crops and berry bushes will not mature, and you will continue to get hungry. If you want to reduce the amount of hunger per in-game day, you have to increase time. Say /time speed 120. That would make crops grow twice as fast, but since your hunger rate is real, in-life time, you will soon have way too much food.

Or at least that used to be how it worked...

That doesn't make sense to me especially if my hunger is set to 25 percent. I noticed in the world I was playing after I added this mod my hunger was a 120 percent, and that confused me. I didn't remember what it was before. Right now I like this mod for variety of stuff I can mess around with, graphic part of it. Trying to get inspired to chisel my own decorative food related items i.e sandwiches, cakes, old fashion toaster example https://www.hagley.org/librarynews/history-making-toast but the one I am looking for is one you sit near flame could toast and roast.  And  stuff for elaborate kitchens, more plants, etc.

I don't really want to be hungry and I don't know how the coding or modding works so thats why I posted about what I noticed.

Also I noticed some mods change how I normally interact with the game without mods, example Carrycapacity. I started having issues with labeled crates, with shift key and shortcut keys briefly started acting weird like they were interfering with the vanilla shift keys and I couldn't get the game to recognize shortcut keys.

So I assumed something similar was happening with this mod and my game settings but I wasn't sure so I asked.

Edited by DX65

Oh. I guess I don't know about that. I generally leave things on defaults. I just remember having tested things with /time speed 0 and flirting with starvation. In fact, playing with /time speed<40 becomes a pretty good challenge.At 20, I don't know that you can just build -- you have to go hunter/gatherer to supplement your food.

On 3/8/2022 at 11:13 PM, Cloaked said:

Hey l33t! I have been doing some testing on a server running VS(Linux) 1.16.4 and EF 1.5.3-pre.3, here is what I've come across so far:

• Saucepan, cauldron (large and small) flickers black when fuel source starts to burn in firepits (tested with firewood only).
  • Trying to place water into a 1x1 source block from a cauldron (large and small) lowers the water level of the source block and eventually makes it vanish.
  • Placing a bottle (empty or full) on a surface while not crouching makes the bottle disappear.
  • Placing a pie crust causes client crashes.
  • Can't make yogurt meals.
  • Cannot use Wildcraft herbs in breads (due to Wildcraft taking over herbs from Wild Farming, I assume).
  • Can't mix Wildcraft fruits with new fruit tree fruits in breads/muffins (mixing them in pemmican works fine, though).
  • Whole Mushrooms not usable in salads.
  • Mushrooms cannot be chopped (there are recipes for chopped fly agaric, but you can't make them with the new fly agarics, etc).
  • Liquids cannot be used in salads.
  • Wildcraft juice cannot be turned into syrup.
  • Wildcraft fruit wines cannot be used in stews.
  • Saucepan, cauldron (large and small), all only have room for 6 litres of liquid at a time. I am not sure if this is intended or an oversight, but I thought it very strange.

I'll address these in order:

• I don't get any flickering, regardless of what block/fuel I put in the firepit. Then again, I'm also in an empty creative world.
  • Uh, that probably shouldn't be happening.
  • For me, it makes the sound like it's trying to place it, but I don't lose any bottles. You say they totally vanish?
  • Yeah, pie doesn't like extra nutrition anymore for some reason. Still looking into it.
  • I had to change the recipe a bit and it seems to require yogurt + 1 other of any item in order to actually make it. I think that's new? I swear it wasn't like that in 1.15. There's always some other problem hiding I need to fix...
  • I haven't really touched mod compatibility stuff at all yet, Wildcraft especially.
  • Yeah, you can't use whole veggies in salads, either.
  • Easily fixable, if tedious. I like fixing jsons more than C#.
  • You can use liquids in salads, just 0.1 L worth.
  • I have their `maxContainerSlotStackSize` defined in their jsons, but... it's not doing anything. Nor does it seem to do anything when I change the cooking pot's `maxContainerSlotStackSize`, so I suspect something happened on the back end that completely ruined this entire attribute. I hope not!
    Edit: It's just a separate attribute now. I fixed it. :) 
Edited by l33tmaan

I've had the disappearing bottle one also. Seems to happen more often if I click on an empty bottle placed on a wine rack, shelf, or surface with another empty bottle.

UPDATE: Happened when accidently clicking on the mixing bowl too (not the UI for the mixing bowl, just the object itself sitting on my table).

Edited by Amigurumi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rayllis689 said:

Haven't messed around with liquids much, any suggestions on how to store liquids like bone broth or veggie juice in bulk? Have a ton of bones sitting around and a big harvest due and want to try making the liquids in bulk

Cauldrons are your friend.

6 minutes ago, Hells Razer said:

Does bone broth go bad?

If not, would vanilla barrels not be better given they only need some wood to make?

Yes, it does... but it takes around a year. Or 13,140 in-game hours. Barrels would probably be fine.

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.5.3-pre.4

Updated to 1.5.3-pre.4!

• Recipes FULLY updated for new fruit!
  • Meat hook renderer fixed
  • Cauldron/mini-cauldron/saucepan use `cookingSlotCapacityLitres` now
  • Fixed bottle multi-stack liquid splitting issue
  • Expanded Foods tab added, contains everything from this mod
  • Pie crashing stopped (still has nutrition issues)
  • Non-Wildcraft Saucepan recipes fixed
  • Saucepan/Cauldron liquid gradient shapes refined
  • Dried fruit has barrel textures
  • Berry Bread changed to Fruit Bread
  • Mixing Bowl GUI text fixed (thanks to @Spear and Fang!)
Edited by l33tmaan
  • Like 7

On 3/17/2022 at 7:33 PM, OBH Nordica 2270 Steel said:

I also have the cauldron crash problem. i can put liquids in it with a bucket no problem but whenever i for example try to render fat in it the game crashes if the GUI is opened/ the cauldron is broken. It's a bummer because i absolutely love this mod! If it makes any difference i'm on Windows 10.

Same, I really enjoy the mod but those saucepan crash issues really make me sad. Sure, I can do some of the mod's recipes, but it's a shame that I can't do sirups etc. which were always my favourite part of it.

1 hour ago, Filvandrel said:

Same, I really enjoy the mod but those saucepan crash issues really make me sad. Sure, I can do some of the mod's recipes, but it's a shame that I can't do sirups etc. which were always my favourite part of it.

I wish I had any idea what's going on with your system that's causing these crashes, but not once have I gotten a crash message like the one you've posted here. I can boil everything totally fine. :( 

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

I wish I had any idea what's going on with your system that's causing these crashes, but not once have I gotten a crash message like the one you've posted here. I can boil everything totally fine. :( 

I understand, and I appreciate your work. :)  Too bad that I don't know much about coding and stuff like that, cause I can't figure it out as well. Everything works fine in my system, I don't have any issues with other applications and mods, everything else in Expanded Foods works fine for me too, it's just the saucepan that causes crashes for me. All I can think of reading those crashlogs is that it might be related to kernel somehow, but I did all I could to fix it on my end. I've tried updating drivers, libraries, installed fresh both the game and mod, cleared caches, even run a sfc/scannow cmd to see if there's no corrupted files, and I've also tried messing with my antivirus software to see if there's an issue with it, and nothing worked so far, so I guess I'm out of options, cause nothing else comes to my mind other than reinstalling Windows, but I don't want to do that. Well, I guess I'd just have to try again with future updates of the mod and maybe one of them would work eventually. ^^

• Sad 1

I too have the Saucepan/Cauldron crash. I'm on Windows 11, I do have some mods installed but I just removed Wildcraft and Wild Farming just to be sure. I also tried two separate save games, one from 1.15 and one newer 1.16.4 original. 

Crash message: 

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.16.4 (Stable)
Loaded Mods: advancedsmithing@1.2.0, expandedfoods@1.5.3-pre.4, primitivesurvival@2.8.0, game@1.16.4, playercorpse@1.3.1, creative@1.16.4, survival@1.16.4
2022-03-23 00:57:14: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ExpandedFoods.BlockSaucepan.GenRightMesh(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack contentStack, BlockPos forBlockPos, Boolean isSealed)
   at ExpandedFoods.BlockSaucepan.OnBeforeRender(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack itemstack, EnumItemRenderTarget target, ItemRenderInfo& renderinfo)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.GetItemStackRenderInfo(ClientMain game, ItemSlot inSlot, EnumItemRenderTarget target, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.RenderItemstackToGui(ItemSlot inSlot, Double posX, Double posY, Double posZ, Single size, Int32 color, Boolean shading, Boolean origRotate, Boolean showStackSize)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.RenderInteractiveElements(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.Render(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialogBlockEntity.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnRenderFrameGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _4Bi1AGVssrIO0El8b8ygdS9FIfm._LvzIyYpsQCoC78JubjSO0HCjtTg(Single )
   at _lAuHsYOBOAjBMdATFXwLUtH7N00._JvY4M2412YZu1OS3Ull8wgZBu1j(Single )
   at _lAuHsYOBOAjBMdATFXwLUtH7N00._KmBeEx15nyyLrVqNDW6geSArpNr(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 479
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 454
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at _TRhArnJABwZoV9Vt7Ld2l65Xzgg._mhlr8s7wtMvxaJGpVy2Ag90jUBK(_3HJA5NvAIx31LXjscc3HGjXaR6q , String[] )
   at _q0zAVOrWbMX04rMA9G3HIFVuGjA._mhlr8s7wtMvxaJGpVy2Ag90jUBK(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 2022-03-23 00:57:14, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 00007FFC7989478C
Stack:
 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 2022-03-23 00:45:10, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket 1937563273474348038, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Vintagestory.exe
P2: 1.16.4.0
P3: 6219e03d
P4: KERNELBASE.dll
P5: 10.0.22000.527
P6: 71a5cb5d
P7: c0020001
P8: 000000000004478c
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.cb29de95-50e3-403e-b2e0-c04af70752a4.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Vintagestory.exe_fcdf8a4145d8f5559e5764312da17e8e46b01785_81245bb0_6ffc3f35-0022-4737-a735-5fc5986d4f48

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 1ab051d7-0610-4283-b5cc-b50c24cf3ff4
Report Status: 268566528
Hashed bucket: ae70895fe1b18f686ae39b8815481406
Cab Guid: 0 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 2022-03-23 00:45:08, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Vintagestory.exe
P2: 1.16.4.0
P3: 6219e03d
P4: KERNELBASE.dll
P5: 10.0.22000.527
P6: 71a5cb5d
P7: c0020001
P8: 000000000004478c
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Vintagestory.exe_fcdf8a4145d8f5559e5764312da17e8e46b01785_81245bb0_6ffc3f35-0022-4737-a735-5fc5986d4f48

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 1ab051d7-0610-4283-b5cc-b50c24cf3ff4
Report Status: 131076
Hashed bucket: 
Cab Guid: 0 }

Where are the liquids defined? I'm completely new to Vintage Story modding, but maybe I could help somehow? 

Edited by Per Edman
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Per Edman said:

Where are these liquids defined? I'm completely new to Vintage Story modding, but maybe I could help somehow? 

They're located under assets/expandedfoods/itemtypes/liquid, but the recipes are in blocktypes/saucepan.json. Are you getting the same exact crash message?

I just added the crash message - mine isn't in Polish though. :) 

One more thing was weird though: The text above the bone and water do not always show that they will result in Bone Broth (250 ml). No idea why it sometimes shows and sometimes doesn't. 

I will try on another computer tomorrow, with a brand new 1.16.4 installation, one that hasn't been upgraded from earlier versions of VS. 

Sorry, tried on a different computer, deleted VS from userdata, reinstalled the full 1.16.4, installed ONLY Expanded foods, spawened in a brand new world, used Creative mode to get saucepan, coal, water, bones and lit it up. I'm so sorry, it still crashed. See crash message in spoiler tags: 

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.16.4 (Stable)
Loaded Mods: expandedfoods@1.5.3-pre.4, game@1.16.4, creative@1.16.4, survival@1.16.4
2022-03-23 09:27:26: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ExpandedFoods.BlockSaucepan.GenRightMesh(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack contentStack, BlockPos forBlockPos, Boolean isSealed)
   at ExpandedFoods.BlockSaucepan.OnBeforeRender(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack itemstack, EnumItemRenderTarget target, ItemRenderInfo& renderinfo)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.GetItemStackRenderInfo(ClientMain game, ItemSlot inSlot, EnumItemRenderTarget target, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.RenderItemstackToGui(ItemSlot inSlot, Double posX, Double posY, Double posZ, Single size, Int32 color, Boolean shading, Boolean origRotate, Boolean showStackSize)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.RenderInteractiveElements(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.Render(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialogBlockEntity.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnRenderFrameGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _4Bi1AGVssrIO0El8b8ygdS9FIfm._LvzIyYpsQCoC78JubjSO0HCjtTg(Single )
   at _lAuHsYOBOAjBMdATFXwLUtH7N00._JvY4M2412YZu1OS3Ull8wgZBu1j(Single )
   at _lAuHsYOBOAjBMdATFXwLUtH7N00._KmBeEx15nyyLrVqNDW6geSArpNr(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 479
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 454
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at _TRhArnJABwZoV9Vt7Ld2l65Xzgg._mhlr8s7wtMvxaJGpVy2Ag90jUBK(_3HJA5NvAIx31LXjscc3HGjXaR6q , String[] )
   at _q0zAVOrWbMX04rMA9G3HIFVuGjA._mhlr8s7wtMvxaJGpVy2Ag90jUBK(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 2022-03-15 19:34:07, Site = , Source = Application Hang, Message = The program Vintagestory.exe version 1.16.4.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 5a88

Start Time: 01d83896f3828687

Termination Time: 19

Application Path: C:\Users\Per Edman\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe

Report Id: 874a4ab8-8450-4e87-86b1-fc2e5c5442a4

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Hang type: Unknown
 }

I haven't tried _all_ the liquids, so it's entirely possible that the problem isn't with bone broth specifically, but with the output of the simmering activity or what materials are allowed to be added to the output slot, like I said I'm brand new to VS modding. What's REALLY interesting is that you do not have a problem, which indicates that the reference is not null for you, that you do have an object by that reference that can be instantiated. Since not EVERYONE in this forum is having a problem with the saucepan/cauldron, we can also assume that there are others who also do not have a problem. 

So that's very interesting - why do some people get this on a brand new install, and others are fine ..with older installs maybe? Is it possible that the output relies on old data, maybe from an older version of the game, something that was removed or renamed in 1.16.4, but which somehow is still there in the savegame for people who have played for longer with the mod? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Per Edman said:

So that's very interesting - why do some people get this on a brand new install, and others are fine ..with older installs maybe? Is it possible that the output relies on old data, maybe from an older version of the game, something that was removed or renamed in 1.16.4, but which somehow is still there in the savegame for people who have played for longer with the mod? 

I always do a fresh install, I never update the game or touch any of my old saves, and I make new worlds all the time. All I can think of at this point is to clear everything in the VintagestoryData/ModData folder, too.

1 minute ago, l33tmaan said:

I always do a fresh install, I never update the game or touch any of my old saves, and I make new worlds all the time. All I can think of at this point is to clear everything in the VintagestoryData/ModData folder, too.

I already did - the computer I tested on today didn't even have a VintagestoryData folder. I deleted both the game folder and the data folder before reinstalling and doing that test. It was a brand new world, started as survival and then switched gamemode to creative to summon the sauce pan, fuel, water and bone. 

Brand new world, brand new game install, expanded foods mod only. 

What else is different between your situation and mine, if it's not old data files? What about file locations? I installed the game to the default folder, %APPDATA% which in that case happens to be on the C drive, that computer only has one drive. 

Edit: I did have one idea - you wouldn't happen to be using any other mods too? Or does VS store any data anywhere else at all, like the registry? Or maybe it could be some sort of antivirus issue, I noticed there's a exper.dll included. Or maybe it's even a client setting interaction somehow. Maybe we could make an effort to use the exact same settings. 

Edited by Per Edman

Expanded Foods is my only mod and I also have it installed under Appdata. I'm not sure if it stores the data elsewhere, but I don't think so. I have no idea why it would be an antivirus issue because I don't use one. So if that's the problem...  I have no idea how to fix that. The exper.dll file is what has all the C# code in the mod, but you're only having issues with boiling stuff, right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.