Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

More reports!

The handbook says you can put peanut butter or syrup on bread, but it only works on fruit bread. I think it might be a mistake in the handbook rather than an actual bug.

Also, I can't seem to find trail mix in the handbook anywhere. Making it still works if I use the recipes shown at the start of this thread, but I can't find them in-game.

(By the way, I make a lot of bug reports, but I hope it's obvious that it's only because I love the mod so much I'm always playing with it! Thanks for all your hard work on this! ❤️ )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 3:07 PM, Ari said:

Updated to the latest version and all the candied fruit recipes seem to be broken. I tried a few different types in both a large and small cauldron (tried both 0.1 liter of syrup per berry and 1 liter, just in case) but they didn't work. :( My server literally just got to berry season and I harvested like 20 stacks of cranberries to make candy. 😭

image.png.7b11663fd6d49a8efb46810baf401904.png

Sorry for taking so long to respond to this, but candied fruits work fine for me. Are you sure the syrup you're using is the same as the fruit? Is this still related to the cauldron not outputting the text properly?

I was able to fix the broth issues, as well as the part-baked breaded food crashing in the handbook. Fixed some other stuff in the handbook too. I think I've caught up with all the Expanded Foods-related bugs posted so far.

Edited by l33tmaan

On 5/6/2023 at 8:19 PM, l33tmaan said:

Sorry for taking so long to respond to this, but candied fruits work fine for me. Are you sure the syrup you're using is the same as the fruit? Is this still related to the cauldron not outputting the text properly?

I was able to fix the broth issues, as well as the part-baked breaded food crashing in the handbook. Fixed some other stuff in the handbook too. I think I've caught up with all the Expanded Foods-related bugs posted so far.

I was sure the fruit and syrup matched and the amounts were correct, and I tested on various fruits. It did turn out that the recipe was technically working. The issue was that, after upgrading to 1.6.5, the recipe output wasn't appearing and the arrow wasn't filling to indicate that the recipe was functional and would produce a result. The only clue that it was working was that the temperature in the arrow started going up instead of staying at "cold" when heated. It is still this way. However, this was in 1.17.11 (with the last version of culinary artillery for 1.17 - not the new one for 1.18 - and expanded foods 1.6.5). I haven't tested in 1.18 yet.

If you need more info I can get you some screenshots or recorded footage, and logs if you need them. Not sure if it's just a problem on 1.17, or if it's a conflict with another mod maybe? I will be testing mods for my upcoming 1.18 server soon and I'll be sure to test ACA and EF (they're my favorite mods after all!) and let you know if the issues persist.

Thank you as always!

I believe that it's happening to you, I'm just not certain why I can't replicate it yet. I assume you're in Survival mode? Singleplayer or multiplayer? Does it happen with no other mods installed? Even when I've played on servers with EF installed I don't think I've seen that happen.

Multiplayer on my server, survival mode, and there were indeed other mods installed (quite a few). I haven't had a chance to test it out more thoroughly yet but I'll try to do that within the next couple days and let you know what I find out.

For now, if you want to see an example of this happening, there's a clip here of me showing it on a stream recently (should be queued up to the relevant part):

• Sad 1

Well, I've tested it on 1.18.3 now along with a ton of other mods, and... it works fine? At least in single player (haven't tested on a server yet). I... I have no idea why the problem on 1.17. 😳

I'm not sure when I might have time to go back and test now that I'm moving on to 1.18, but in case it helps, the list of other mods on my 1.17 server is:

No Drifter Throwing, Acorns, Accessibility Tweaks, CarryOn, More Piles, More Roofing, More Torch Holders, Night Watcher, Teleportation Network, Wildcraft, Wildcraft Trees, Bricklayers, Expanded Matter, QP Chisel Tools

• Mind=blown 1

Updated to 1.6.6!

• Clarified broth added
  • Egg yolk can be used in stews & soup
  • Sausage can be used in soup
  • Meat can be added to porridge (including sausage)
  • Saltmaking process revamped (check Cooking 101 for details)
  • Broth nutrition values fixed in bread, fruit bread, dumplings, muffins, and soft bread
  • Part-baked balls/mushroom/vegetable/stuffed pepper handbook crashing fixed
  • Handbook no longer says you can put syrups & toppings on regular bread
  • Trail mix handbook entry moved to Cooking 102
  • Cooking 101 & 102 alphabetized
  • Salted peanut candy requires correct amount of peanut paste
  • Boiled and pickled eggs re-added (not sure what happened there)
  • Funeral bell & pink bonnet mushrooms given proper health values (watch out)

This is just a quick update before I finally get started on Wildcraft Trees compatibility. If I waited until that was done then it would've pushed this update to June and I figured it's been long enough.

• Like 1
  • Amazing! 1

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.6.6

Suggestion: smoothies and milkshakes for more mixed satiety type fluids?

Another thing I would love to see but recognise would be probably far too much work, is a more robust recipe book. Like an item, that could be placed and used or used from inventory, which when mentioning an ingredient links to the page of info such as handbook info and creating info, with back button to easily go back to the recipe you were on, a few different coloured bookmarks etc. I find the handbook pretty overwhelming and hard to navigate ("i'm sure I saw something about liquid eggs existing?" for a few days before I found it in the culinary artillery section) until I have done the thing and learned how to do it without looking at the book. Which I think will probably discourage me from trying to make new recipes. Probably just my learning style or whatever, certainly not throwing shade lol. I would LOVE to put this together lol but would have to learn to mod and code first 😛 should really get on that with how many ideas I always have when I play moddable games

edit: filters for things like cookable in:, includes ingredient: or can cook with (list of available ingredients) could be very handy too

Edited by Smeeslug
  • Like 1

Hello, sorry for the dumb question. I've been trying to make yogurt in the latest version fo the game (multiplayer 1.18.5, mod version 1.6.6). I can't figure out how to cure yogurt into yogurt starter. Can it not be bottled during curing? It doesn't show up on the tooltip as curable and I'm sure it's been more than 15 days. Maybe it's a new patch bug or a conflict with another mod, because I'm pretty sure gelatin also broke despite me being able to make it before.

Edit: It seems like all and only the cauldron recipes containing water are broken. Also, I think the yogurt might be actually curing but not just showing it. I just picked up a bottle of lard and it had hardened. :P

Edited by count nora

Porridge with apple syrup not displayed too.

Wild craft: This berry not have translation.

"item-fruit-wolfberry": "Wolfberry",
  "item-fruit-husktomato": "Husk Tomato",
  "item-fruit-crowberry": "Crowberry",
  "item-fruit-bunchberry": "Bunchberry",

Edited by Olexn
  • Like 1

Tried making a pie (1.18.5, latest of ACA and EF) and after putting meat in, it wouldn't let me add non-meat ingredients - it gave me the standard vanilla error message about how you can't mix ingredient types. Has that been changed, or is it a bug? Aside from that the mods are working great for me so far.

• Like 1

How am I supposed to use Bone Broth?  I thought I just put it in a soup meal, but my cooking pot doesn't seem to take more than 60ml in a slot.

Also, what's up with the tiny amounts of liquid transfer?  Why do I have to click TEN TIMES to get 1L from a bottle into a slot?!  X_x  Exasperating.

Also-also, is there a way I can bottle the bone broth from the sauce pan?

EDIT:  using most-recent versions of VS,CA,and EF.

Edited by PhotriusPyrelus

12 minutes ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

How am I supposed to use Bone Broth?  I thought I just put it in a soup meal, but my cooking pot doesn't seem to take more than 60ml in a slot.

Also, what's up with the tiny amounts of liquid transfer?  Why do I have to click TEN TIMES to get 1L from a bottle into a slot?!  X_x  Exasperating.

Also-also, is there a way I can bottle the bone broth from the sauce pan?

EDIT:  using most-recent versions of VS,CA,and EF.

It's always 10% from vessel max volume. Just use bucket. 60ml limit is strange. I use 1.0.12 RC ACA (latest) and 1.6.6 EF (latest) and all's fine.

19 hours ago, EreticKB said:

It's always 10% from vessel max volume. Just use bucket. 60ml limit is strange. I use 1.0.12 RC ACA (latest) and 1.6.6 EF (latest) and all's fine.

How do I get the bone broth into a container?

Also, 10% vessel max volume seems a really strange quantity...

Also-also, I really don't understand.  I used it (bone broth) in the same save a couple times before without a problem.  I've used two different cooking pots, and it still limits to 60 mL.  Doesn't matter if I try to put in the broth first, or I put in the rest of the soup recipe and then add the broth at the end.  Doesn't matter which soup recipe I use either.  This is incredibly frustrating.  =- \

22 hours ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

How do I get the bone broth into a container?

Also, 10% vessel max volume seems a really strange quantity...

Also-also, I really don't understand.  I used it (bone broth) in the same save a couple times before without a problem.  I've used two different cooking pots, and it still limits to 60 mL.  Doesn't matter if I try to put in the broth first, or I put in the rest of the soup recipe and then add the broth at the end.  Doesn't matter which soup recipe I use either.  This is incredibly frustrating.  =- \

Can you maybe share some screenshots? I don't quite follow what is happening.

Normally, after you make the broth in a cauldron or saucepan, the cauldron/saucepan goes to the output slot of the fire with the broth in it. You take it out and place it on the ground somewhere, then right-click it with a container (bucket, bowl, bottle) to fill that container with the broth. Bowls and bottles hold 1 liter of liquid, and buckets hold 10 liters max. You can transfer the broth to a barrel or something using a bucket or other container if you want to re-use your cooking vessel without using all the broth.

When you fill a container with broth by right-clicking the cauldron/saucepan, then left-click with the container in a slot in a cooking pot, it will transfer 10% of the container's total amount - so buckets will transfer 1 liter at a time, and bowls/bottles will transfer 0.1 liter at a time. I believe this is hardcoded into the vanilla game. Left-click to place the liquid, right-click to pick it back up. (If you're using the mixing bowl, by default left-clicking transfers the full contents of the container up to the maximum - in this case, ctrl+left-click to place just 10% at a time for more precise amounts.)

Soup recipes require 1 liter of broth per serving, up to 6 liters. It's easiest to use a bucket for this so you can transfer 1 liter at a time rather than having to click 10 times with a bowl or bottle to transfer a full liter.

Most expanded foods recipes require 0.1 liter of broth per serving (for example, making bread dough in the mixing bowl with broth instead of water - you need 0.1 liter of broth per 1 flour), so it's easier to use a bowl or bottle to transfer 0.1 liter at a time.

If you're following the above steps and it's not allowing you to put more than 0.06 liters (60 mL) in a cooking pot at once, that sounds like some kind of weird bug. Please share some screenshots if so.

@Ari
...I was taking the broth out of the container and putting it raw into my inventory...  that's probably part of the problem.  Though I know it worked a few times before; I've made soup with bone broth, and didn't use it from the saucepan, bucket, bottle, or jug...

And as I was going to try to get you some screen shots, now it seems that the 8L of it I had in a storage vessel has just disappeared.

Now I'll just handle it properly as a liquid; hopefully I won't have any more problems...

On 5/29/2023 at 10:45 AM, Ari said:

Tried making a pie (1.18.5, latest of ACA and EF) and after putting meat in, it wouldn't let me add non-meat ingredients - it gave me the standard vanilla error message about how you can't mix ingredient types. Has that been changed, or is it a bug? Aside from that the mods are working great for me so far.

This is a bug! The harmony patch that I used to alter pies got broken, along with all the other harmony patches. It'll get taken care of!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

@Ari

Sorry for the double post, but I found my 8L of bone broth tucked away in the wrong place.

I'm still not quite sure how this is even happening. The cauldron shouldn't output just the liquid - it should output the cauldron with the liquid in it! 🤔

55 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

I'm still not quite sure how this is even happening. The cauldron shouldn't output just the liquid - it should output the cauldron with the liquid in it! 🤔

...and now that I'm trying to recreate it, I don't even know what I did to get the fluid in hand.  Ugh.

But use it from the sauce pan in the future.  Got it.

EDIT:  I mean, it had to have output the saucepan with the fluid in it, because I still have the saucepan!  How the heck did I manage to get it out of the sauce pan, without using another container, I don't even remember.  x_x

• Sad 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.