VS Launcher 1.2.2 Dev

Polraudio Zion

Vintage Story Launcher

What is VS Launcher? VS Launcher is a launcher that lets you have multiple mod setups for whatever you want. Once complete it will also have a server browser where people can list their servers and people can download all mods required and join the server with 1 click. People will also be able to upload mods for people to download and make packs with. The end goal is to have a single place where everyone can go to get what they want for the game.

As of right now only the packs feature works where you can make a folder and load it with mods and launch the game with only those mods.

How to add mod packs:

Make a folder inside the Modpacks folder and drop your mods in there, then run the launcher, then select the pack you want to play and hit play.

Note: If you want people to be able to join your server right from the launcher make a serverip.txt file in your packs folder with the ip and they can just click Play on Packs Server and it will launch the game and join the server all in 1 click.

Note 2: If your server has a password please include a "serverpass.txt" file in your packs folder. This will allow people to automatically use the password when joining your packs server.

Download: VS Launcher V1.2.2 Dev.zip

Screenshots:

VS_Launcher_xghAcOSWPb.png.3c62693b354ced9b532484bdf6fdf3e5.pngVS_Launcher_fxlXI82YOp.png.0c3f81acc24564d02b17aabcb6f38032.pngVS_Launcher_SRhVZnMclZ.png.601687c26104b81dd3ce9cd73a950add.pngVS_Launcher_paania0zmv.png.05e58cdde3e632b004e165dfc0ab5d41.pngVS_Launcher_JOqPuQe8o2.png.68f9f8acdfe268fe18ee672d3d4bc97f.png

Changelog:

1.2.2 Dev

• Added ability to join servers with a password.
  • When packs are created from the server list it will make a password file with whatever password you inserted into the password field.
  • The pack selection on the main tab will now use a password from a password file in the pack when joining the packs server.

Note to pack makers: If you want people to easily join your server with a password you can make a new text file in your pack with the name "serverpass.txt" with the password on the first line.

1.2.0 Dev

• Added ability to join servers and download mods with 1 click when you click Join With Mods.
  • Added ability to manage mods in your packs.
  • Added some links to the Main tab(mainly to take up space XD).

1.1.0 Dev

• Added the ability to download mods directly from the official moddb https://mods.vintagestory.at/
  • Added ability to search for mods via text.
  • Added a server browser with the ability to connect to the server with the currently selected pack or no mods.
  • Updated the info tab with hopefully useful information.
  • Added ability to refresh the modpack list.

1.0.2 Dev

• Added ability to open a mod packs folder.
  • Added the best icon the world has ever seen.

1.0.1 Dev

• Added ability to set a custom location for launching the game if you are not using the default install location.
  • You can now add a description and icon to your packs.
  • You can now add an IP to your packs if you have a server for the pack and players can connect directly to the server from the launcher.

If you find this launcher useful, have suggestions or want to help please let me know below.

Edited by Polraudio Zion
  • Like 2
  • Cookie time 1
  • Amazing! 3
  • Thanks 7

21 minutes ago, ray57913 said:

Will there be the ability to have multiple versions of game in the future?  I was hoping to not have to try and upgrade/downgrade when switching between server and personal. 

Probably not but who knows. You could always just download an older version and install it in a different location maybe and point the launcher to that directory(in the next update). The launcher should work for any version of the game. Once I learn more of the web side of things i might look into it but its not on my list of things to do yet.

Updated the launcher with the following features.

Changelog(V1.0.1 Dev)

• Added ability to set a custom location for launching the game if you are not using the default install location.
  • You can now add a description and icon to your packs.
  • You can now add an IP to your packs if you have a server for the pack and players can connect directly to the server from the launcher.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright everyone this is a large update that took me a while to make after the release of the moddb. I hope everyone will enjoy the additions I have added.

Without further ado here is the changelog.

1.1.0 Dev

• Added the ability to download mods directly from the official moddb https://mods.vintagestory.at/
  • Added ability to search for mods via text.
  • Added a server browser with the ability to connect to the server with the currently selected pack or no mods.
  • Updated the info tab with hopefully useful information.
  • Added ability to refresh the modpack list.
Edited by Polraudio Zion
  • Like 1

• Polraudio Zion changed the title to VS Launcher 1.1.0 Dev
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone is wondering when the next update will come it will be a while. Im currently in the process of moving to a new home. Once I move I wont have internet for a few days to a week. Once I get all moved and internet back ill be hammering out the next update.

Thank you very much for everyone who has tried this launcher so far. If you like it please let me know what you like about it or what you mainly use it for.

• Like 3

Tried Clicking on  image.png.1ff206e5dcf866ff047b4b7fe113c555.pngand got

image.png.d9106220a5b5b3a871c4c846ed9f7168.png

Details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(String input, String replacement)
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(String input, String pattern, String replacement)
   at VS_Launcher.MainForm.StripHTML(String input)
   at VS_Launcher.MainForm.PopulateModList(Int32 modIndex)
   at VS_Launcher.MainForm.UpdateModInfoRight()
   at VS_Launcher.MainForm.listMods_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at VS_Launcher.MainForm.RefreshModList()
   at VS_Launcher.MainForm.GetModFromID(String modID)
   at VS_Launcher.MainForm.DownloadModFromServer(Int32 serverID)
   at VS_Launcher.MainForm.MakeServerPack()
   at VS_Launcher.MainForm.btnServerMakePack_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
VS Launcher
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/quixj/Desktop/VS%20Launcher%20V1.2.0%20Dev/VS%20Launcher.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4320.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.3.23909
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/quixj/Desktop/VS%20Launcher%20V1.2.0%20Dev/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Also Tried the "Join with Mods" and it didn't join with mods from a server in the list (My own server). 
Loving how this is progressing though! 💜

7 hours ago, Quixjote said:

Tried Clicking on  image.png.1ff206e5dcf866ff047b4b7fe113c555.pngand got

image.png.d9106220a5b5b3a871c4c846ed9f7168.png

Details:

Also Tried the "Join with Mods" and it didn't join with mods from a server in the list (My own server). 
Loving how this is progressing though! 💜

Yea its still work in progress. Did you also try other servers with mods to see if you get that error?

Also would you mind showing me your server on the launcher so i can see if i get the same error?

Wow i cant believe the issue was that simple. I guess someone having a mod without a description bugged out my info getting function. I forgot to add something in case that happens lol. Ill push an update out Sunday night or Monday with a fix. This is the mod that's messing it up lol. https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/535

EDIT: I might be able to get a fix out tonight when i get home from work.

EDIT2: I do also want to add a search function for servers because man that's annoying to go through.

Edited by Polraudio Zion

Added a feature I have overlooked. You can now join servers with passwords yay!

Changelog

• Added ability to join servers with a password.
  • When packs are created from the server list it will make a password file with whatever password you inserted into the password field.
  • The pack selection on the main tab will now use a password from a password file in the pack when joining the packs server.

Note to pack makers: If you want people to easily join your server with a password you can make a new text file in your pack with the name "serverpass.txt" with the password on the first line.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.