Earthworks 1.0: Coloured ceramics (Vs 1.9+)

MarcAFK

Note: There is currenly a bug with the cooking pot, the game will crash when mousing over a cooked pot in the firepit. I'm working on a fix. Also Theres a bug n the toolmold which has been fixed, the updated version will be uploaded shortly.

Earthworks Is about enhancing the opportunities you have for crafting with the materials that already exist in the game, adding recipes for items that only exist in creative, or giving more colour variants for existing items.

lbdIPQd.jpg

Red and brown clays join the existing blue and fireclays, both are a little rarer like fireclay, red clay shows in drier hotter climates, whereas brown clay is more likely in colder climates.

Red and brown bricks are also added, allowing 4 variants of existing brick blocks.

EW1bricks.png.072dda86be360d88ab37eda6ae6915a3.png

Theres hardened clay of course.
Ew1Hardclay.png.235a223b839bd2337f40c883365f1e40.png

And Mudbricks, light and dark.

EW1mudbricks.png.9c8ceec867f405358dc80d06e35d4310.png

Making mudbrick is simple.

Dark is the same as cob, but with the middle grass replaced with clay, while light additionally has one dirt replaced with sand.

ew1mbrecipe.png.47ef890240aaa522b028e0a36ae07bcc.png

Shingles next:

ew1shingle.png.37442911883e7f04078c3a5bc499ff24.png

Created in much the same as bricks, the recipe yields 2 shingles for 6 clay, and requires baking.

rawshingle.png.2d3282455007fd2992dbdff79ef3d748.png

Next we have a splash of colour; vibrant coloured pots and planters thanks to Tony Liberatto and Novocain.

pots.thumb.jpg.a071c06201892f14bc6649e5166ac461.jpg

Bowls have been given a similar makeover, they even work for cooking, once again thanks to a little code by Novocain.
ew1bowl.png.c33a4c9df22fca6c3269cbc08f2ea378.png

Wateringcans also have colour, and are quite functional.

ew1cans.png.ffb497ddf0b96c06da850b7dbc7f7ff8.png

And finally all toolmolds have been given a dash of colour, why should industry be mundane?

ew1mold.png.dc210cad6860004150664d86a1a0fc5c.png

A future update will add working coloured cooking pots, most of these blocks can also be found in the neolithic mod.

Earthworks-1.0.1.zip

Finally the details of my earlier MarcTehk mod, which is depreciated and not updated for 1.9, but will be left here for reference, as well as the older versions of earthworks.

Spoiler

MarcTehK

As I play single player I come across a few things which just don't quite sit well with me, maybe something is unbalanced, or maybe a little more colour or variety might be nice. This mod entails my efforts to produce a somewhat more smooth single player experience. In future, higher difficulty survival mode is a goal, however I will probably put that stuff into a different mod, which uses this one as a base.

New bag(s?) .

The current bags don't offer a particularly balanced progression, you might spend a lot of time gathering reeds for a mere 8 slots, but not long after you start you'll probably have killed a ton of animals, either for food or just to protect yourself from wolves. The upgrade to 6 slot bags happens fairly fast as they only require 4 leather, it's likely you may have this before planting enough or even finding any flax seeds, making the linen sack not generally considered as an intermediate option.

Slightly addressing this I have made higher tier bags all require linen, theres no sidestepping progression due to a lack of it. The linen sack now only only gives 3 slots while larger bags are based on the linen bag recipe with additional components, in future I'll change these to require properly processed leather, maybe even finer cloths for the bigger bags.

New or changed bags are:

aafbX4H.jpg

I may add in colour variations later on, though theres really no functional or aesthetic reason for it.

Add the mod by dropping the file into the mod folder , easiest way to find it is to rightclick the shortcut for vintage story, and click 'open file location".

Now a teaser for future additions:

O9xkJd5.png

MarcTehk0.1.1.zip (for 1.5 )

Spoiler

Old versions
Earthworks:

Earthworks0.1.2.1.zip  for VS 1.5

Edited by MarcAFK
Updated
  • Like 7
  • Amazing! 1

My next release is significant enough that I'm releasing it by itself before integrating it into the main mod.  

Earthworks 0.1 adds additional types of clay, red and brown, allowing the extra models that are already in the assets to finally be used. I have made minor edits to the clay deposits them self to differentiate them more .

Theres no need to show the new brick types since they're already available in creative, and the recipe is the same, so heres a screenshot showing how they look.

lbdIPQd.jpg

Red clay is as common as blue, brown is a little rarer, it should show in similar places as peat.

You need to generate new chunks to find the new clay types, how far you'll have to walk will depend on your view distance and how much exploring you've done already. or you could generate a new world ( I don't recommend it).

Next I hope to introduce similar variation into claystone.

Edited by MarcAFK
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
System.Exception: Can't create itemstack without item!
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack..ctor(Item item, Int32 stacksize)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityClayForm.PutClay(IItemSlot slot)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.ItemClay.OnHeldInteractStart(IItemSlot slot, IEntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.OnHeldUseStart(IItemSlot slot, IEntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel, EnumHeldItemUse useType)
   at _bfnPXNKDHBNNzO0Wcfd6aYnqPoL._0ZjBStck0JNbfbobebfVSVGUGRu(BlockSelection , EntitySelection , EnumHeldItemUse )
   at _bfnPXNKDHBNNzO0Wcfd6aYnqPoL._VTKorFDC88q4mZ5hvWXwnIFkmkH(Single )
   at _bfnPXNKDHBNNzO0Wcfd6aYnqPoL._in76ImwADYQOPVRW5C6ZIYY0LZK(Single )
   at _9TJZoqEIGncrWQbbSEeSjs3Fq2i._CLcRv5WGvTR3SnlUFH1rSMvk1cg(EnumRenderStage , Single )
   at _9TJZoqEIGncrWQbbSEeSjs3Fq2i._vwAbrNcUaK7Fsrk15QIO4x9lfkF(Single )
   at _JbSEgvVtw4KorIOM512S96KmjkC._vwAbrNcUaK7Fsrk15QIO4x9lfkF(Single )
   at _SaMcE8InFFKC5g8nG0qGg5LC5If._ruoTHXhiA7uwVEbeRO0jVDDhWuc(Single )
   at _SaMcE8InFFKC5g8nG0qGg5LC5If._unb4IUKWIgAs0L5atrzpzuMgBhk(Single )
   at _oJIHhnHifQ4pz9ow3x7fOyEFuXc._p2ZBhdcjv0c0ponvT3JkgodCdOg(Object , FrameEventArgs )
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _HzVoVj8GkJIZlGOUhRdbYTiSBEB._QeBFIyRN1qQiRIfOY7oq2o6ZrPA(_qgdl2k0cwbngSF3rPZFU5CYHKWI , String[] )
   at _FYX2TugjGenpvootsuAaTlBqrck._QeBFIyRN1qQiRIfOY7oq2o6ZrPA(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Seems trying to clayform with brown clay crashes the game. Not much to say about it, shift click the ground -> crash.

We have your mod Earthworks on our server, it is beautiful, I love how natural the clay deposits look.

Thank you very much for all the work.

Not a requirement, but it would be cool if we could have different textures of the different clay colours. I mean for raw clay when we are creating the molds and the raw item.  Of course they should have a nice colour once baked.

• 1 month later...

Hi Marc, I am testing the mods for the server with the 1.5.3 game version.

I get this error:
23.5.2018 23:36:12 [Warning] Mod 'Earthworks0.1.2.1.zip' (earthworks): Error parsing version string '0.1.2.1' at index 5: Expected PRE_RELEASE or BUILD_METADATA, found '.' (best guess: 0.1.2-1)

And the blocks are not available in game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 5:48 AM, tony Liberatto said:

Hi Marc, I am testing the mods for the server with the 1.5.3 game version.

I get this error:
23.5.2018 23:36:12 [Warning] Mod 'Earthworks0.1.2.1.zip' (earthworks): Error parsing version string '0.1.2.1' at index 5: Expected PRE_RELEASE or BUILD_METADATA, found '.' (best guess: 0.1.2-1)

And the blocks are not available in game.

I think the reason the blocks are not available in-game is not because of that warning (not an error), but because Earthworks has the same mod ID as MarcTehk. There should be an error elsewhere complaining about that.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll take a look.

At a glance I might assume it's because my version contains 4 decimal places, the new versioning might expect at most 3 and then a -. I'll do some testing. Also, I want to redo my bags to using the Fauna mod in future.

Edited by MarcAFK

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have a mod called Clay+Misc that adds 15 new colors of clay I would like to know how you added the colors to the molds so I may implement it in my mod. I've been working on it for a while and I can't seem to get the raw and burned ceramics to take on proper color. I thought I would simply add clay*-type instead of blueclay for the raw claymolds and other ceramics but it doesn't seem to work. the clay forming works with all 15 new colors as well as showing the clayforming of the proper color but once it's complete it shows as a blue clay texture. I know where the texture is for them but don't know exactly how to write the line to represent the color used for the the clayforming to be represented in the raw clay.

• Like 1

I would prefer to add soemthing to the texture that changes color based on the clay used but I'm hoping I don't need to make 15 new recipes for each color in order for it to work. there should be a way to recall the color of clay used for the clayforming since that works and implement that color to the raw mold and in extension to the ceramic colors. I have raw ceramic and ceramic wide varients of each color. just need to get the game to show proper colors.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.